Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Defeating Molag Baal no longer awards a skill point

Jagath
Jagath
✭✭✭
Has anyone else noticed that when you defeat molag baal and talk to cadwell to turn in quest that it no longer gives you a skill point. I have seen videos of other people completing this quest and it says in the dialog that a skill point is awarded. Does this have to do with who you choose to sacrifice (sai saran) or is it another ninja nerf from the patch?
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does this have to do with who you choose to sacrifice (sai saran) or is it another ninja nerf from the patch?
    Why do you asume malice for something that is more likely to have been an accident? Or based on your choice.
    I really doubt the progammers are out to ruin your gaming experience.

But I did hear of quests giving different skillpoint rewards based on moral choices (but usually with a permanent buff to compensate). And that was on a sidequest like the mages guild.

Also there is a ingame bug reporting formular. If you have a bug, reporting it there is the first place. If others have it, they will have it reported too. More repots = more priority to look into it/fix it.
    Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
    Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
    Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
    Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
    Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
    Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
    Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.
  • Falmer
    Falmer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't say I really noticed. By the time I killed Molag, I already had like 7 unspent skill points.
  • ArRashid
    ArRashid
    ✭✭✭✭
    zgrssd wrote: »
    But I did hear of quests giving different skillpoint rewards based on moral choices (but usually with a permanent buff to compensate). And that was on a sidequest like the mages guild

Hah!
    You mean save Valaste for
    NOTHING AT ALL
    or hand her over to Uncle Sheo for
    2 skill points
    ?
    All you get for saving her is
    a good feeling of doing the morally right decision
    .. You get the
    Eidetic Memory
    from Shallidor either way.. he's just looking at you as if you were a poop on his boot if you hand her over..

Being the good guy is almost never worth it... in game or irl (sadly)
  • Jagath
    Jagath
    ✭✭✭
    zgrssd wrote: »
    Why do you asume malice for something that is more likely to have been an accident? Or based on your choice.
    I really doubt the progammers are out to ruin your gaming experience.

But I did hear of quests giving different skillpoint rewards based on moral choices (but usually with a permanent buff to compensate). And that was on a sidequest like the mages guild.

Also there is a ingame bug reporting formular. If you have a bug, reporting it there is the first place. If others have it, they will have it reported too. More repots = more priority to look into it/fix it.

First off this response was less than helpful. Before you blindly jump to defend eso try reading the post. I asked if anyone else noticed this and if it was possibly because of my choice. you don't need to offer parts of my question back as a response. I also did not accuse the devs of trying to ruin my experience asked if it was a ninja nerf meaning intentional but not listed in the patch notes.
    As for bug reports we all know you get no response besides the auto-reply which doesn't answer my question. I already submitted one before writing this post fyi.
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just killed MB for the second time yesterday, and I do recall receiving a skill point. But then too I
    sacrificed Varen.
  • Jagath
    Jagath
    ✭✭✭
    I just killed MB for the second time yesterday, and I do recall receiving a skill point. But then too I
    sacrificed Varen.

I have also seen a skill point awarded if you sacrifice Lyrus.
  • Jagath
    Jagath
    ✭✭✭
    After some more research (pre-patch video) it seems that you don't get a skill point if you choose sai but you will receive one if you choose either varan or lyrus. I can't say i agree with this and maybe it is an oversight by zenimax but with the only other quest where you lose skill points that fact is made clear in the dialog. For this quest all 3 are fine with whoever you chose and there doesn't seem to be a morally wrong answer.
  • LIQUID741
    LIQUID741
    ✭✭✭
    One of the worst/craziest easy fights in the game, with the reward being lackluster. I would have rather had a toilet trophy as the reward for killing him.
    Solid-Nightblade of AD