Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Game Stutters After Patch

coreymj78
coreymj78
✭✭✭
At first I thought it was just FPS. Which I will admit that my FPS has dropped after the patch. But now I am noticing that while monitoring my FPS via "/fps" that my FPS will stay at 40 (where I have it capped), but when moving through town, the image will stutter. I used to love the fact that ESO did not stutter and skip like this (like many other MMOs) but now I cannot say the same.

It seems to happen more in towns (even when there are a small amount of people) but can happen anywhere. What is with this stutter? The only time I noticed it before patch was when a quest would update or something loaded, but now it just happens randomly. So annoying.
  • Tootall2186
    Tootall2186
    ✭✭✭
    I have noticed this as well as my fps dropping significantly.

I though it was maybe add ons but turning them all off has no effect. It's not a major stutter. But it's enough to be bothersome.
  • david271749
    david271749
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here. Occasional stutters. No crashes. I haven't been in Cyrodil since level 25, so it's not a big deal to me.
  • SamWale
    SamWale
    ✭✭
    I've noticed the same on Mac since the latest update. Thought it was my graphics card (GTX 660) but it was running smoothly on Ultra settings until last week.

Now I can barely play on Ultra because the frame rate keeps dropping and stuttering. On High settings I'm getting around 50-80 fps in quiet areas but it quickly drops to 15-30 fps when I walk anywhere near other players and NPCs, particularly in busy places like Daggerfall.

It seems to be getting worse and I'm running out of ideas for what could be causing it. Really hope it's something being worked on for the next update!
  • sovreign
    sovreign
    ✭✭✭
    This.
    "Soon you will see, that evil will always triumph, because good ... Is dumb"
    -Dark Helmet, Spaceballs
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same. New lag spikes induced with last patch. I also lost about 10 fps compared to pre patch. The overall appearance of the game looks better however.

After playing around with settings looks to me like they something may have changed in relation to sub sampling. It seems more demanding now.
  • ArRashid
    ArRashid
    ✭✭✭✭
    This didn't happen after patch, mind you. I had perfect gameplay after patch (aside from memory leaking and TONS UPON TONS of bugs).

All this stuttering and lagging started with another UGLY DIRTY HOTFIX for the said memory leak. Let's hope they fix it the RIGHT way in nearest patch.

All this stutter makes me feel like I'm playing with 15 fps and the combat lag is unbearable... it takes FOREVER to use weapon attacks (staff refuses to react to clicks) or till certain abilities take effect (like Talons need 1.5-2 sec to emerge and they fail to root half mobs - they just drag the talon along..)