Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Players using Invisibility Hack - No Name Can be Seen at All

redwoodtreesprite
redwoodtreesprite
✭✭✭
Been seeing this pet Scuttler running along a beach where I go now and then to collect a bit of food mats and sometimes open a chest or two. No one seemed to be with it, though resources would disappear sometimes shortly ahead of it. Not too hard to figure that one out, eh?

So today I decided I would follow it. All the way to town, where it went through the load door, kept going through town until down by the docks, where a character finally appeared and shot a dreugh.

Was not a bot, and had a non-bot name.

Running at a normal run pace, so could not have been sneaking all that time, and was level 5.

Thing is, I never was able to see any name while this person was invisible, not matter how much I tried moving my mouse about. So this is a pretty effective cheat. This player was either not too bright to use it with a follow pet, or just did not care. And yes I did report her.

But I suspect there are many other players using this cheat, and PvP seems a place where it would be most popular to use. Since she became visible when she started aiming her weapon, I am thinking that a way to spot these cheaters in PvP might be to use one of those abilities that makes everyone pull their weapons out. Or would that even work on the opposing faction?
  • Talketzanto
    Talketzanto
    ✭✭✭
    There is a quest that gives an item that you can use over and over again....It makes you invisible even when in combat.

I just forget the name of it

Kinda pisses me off that im a NB and a quest item gives better invisibility then our class ability
    Edited by Talketzanto on 27 May 2014 17:14
  • redwoodtreesprite
    redwoodtreesprite
    ✭✭✭
    There is a quest that gives an item that you can use over and over again....It makes you invisible even when in combat.

I just forget the name of it

A level 5 quest? Bit overpowered isn't that?
    Edited by redwoodtreesprite on 27 May 2014 17:17