Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Cover your ears and pretend nightblades are fine

• monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People keep saying on forums and in game that nightblades are overpowered and dont need to be buffed.... You sit there on your dragonnight thinking everything is fine with your nightblade while you solo v10 content and cry about the glory days where you could out dps anyone with rightclick.

Nightblades are not fine, they make good healers and they work with this build yadayadayada... they should work with every build not just the one you are using... I should be able to put my points in stamina, pull out a bow and deal as much damage as the next guy... that just doesn't happen.

-Haste doesnt work past rank 2 with any weapon
    -summon shade does 26 damage a hit.. as a capston
    -assasination has one damage skill that does barely anything unless they are low
    - most builds have the same three things on the bar, surprise attack, shadow cloak and siphoning strikes
    - they have low aoe capabilities, which would be fine if they had more single target dps
    - sneak attacks are bugged sometimes not doing damge
    - no reliable heal (all other classes have a decent heal) cant even get back to full with strife
    - no damage boosts that dont require multiple mobs (makes no sense for class purpose)
    - no real debuffs, just damage and crappy buffs
    - no synergy besides shadow cloak surprise attack and even then its buggy
    - shadow cloak is hit and miss and doesnt do much for offensive capabilities besides stun combo that is too expensive for stam builds
    - they are good for the fact they can get near unlimited resources back but damage decrease is too high

Stop just blowing people off because you aren't having the problems.

This is funny, because maybe one day you also learn 1 thing:

DKs you see that are strong in your eyes, ALWAYS use Destro/Resto and Spirit Siphon to not run out of magicka in an instant (DKs lack the regen of the NB and sorc).

If you expect others to understand what you are saying, maybe it's time to stop being ignorant yourself and see that not all DKs are that strong. You HAVE to use a specific Destro/Resto build for that power you and others with the "grass is greener" mentality fail to see. And you need brains to make it actually work as well.

That is wrong on every level and i'm not even sure you are playing the sane game. Sword and board up until recently was destroying everything, no regen? Dragons Blood? I play a dragonknight with a two hander an dual weild and im getting 700+ dps with two hander.... Sure destro resto can solo a trial but that doesn't mean the rest of the builds aren't op... that was actually the stupidest thing I've read on these forums..

No the most stupid thing here was when you bragged about 700 DPS lol...

I can easily do 900+ DPS on my Templar with most weapon combinations, so does that make Templars OP? No.

Templars Breath of Life also heals more than DB, and breath of life is good at any health %, unlike DB which only is useful at really low health (when you easily die).
    Edited by monkeymystic on 27 May 2014 14:01
  • Reykice
    Reykice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most people say NB`s top the damage meters as they are so they don`t need to be BUFFED... but i don`t think you will see anyone say "don`t fix them"...

Yes they should fix the broken skills(many of the things you listed are broken skills), for NB`s and for every other class + the other skills. I`m just not sure if that`s a priority for them...
    -Haste doesnt work past rank 2 with any weapon - broken skill, should have been fixed....
    -summon shade does 26 damage a hit.. as a capston - did you test if its the same damage no matter what stats you have or of it scales with magicka?(sorc pets scale with magicka)
    -assasination has one damage skill that does barely anything unless they are low - yes but it has haste + mark target... both would be nice if not broken...
    - most builds have the same three things on the bar, surprise attack, shadow cloak and siphoning strikes - its the same with most classes - some skills are just better for dps so most use them.
    - they have low aoe capabilities, which would be fine if they had more single target dps - not true, the go to AOE spell for any class is the destro staff(that just got nerfed) or the DW aoe(for melee users), neither is a class skill.
    - sneak attacks are bugged sometimes not doing damge - not just a NB issue
    - no reliable heal (all other classes have a decent heal) cant even get back to full with strife - Sorcerers have no heal of any kind, their heal relies on them doing critical strikes, its very sitiuational... you can always use a resto staff with regeneration + siphon
    - no damage boosts that dont require multiple mobs (makes no sense for class purpose)
    - no real debuffs, just damage and crappy buffs - invisibility, slow, stun, teleport, ability to negate target magic resistance/armor and see it when in stealth/invisible... most classes don`t have half of that. You can always use the weapon skill to add whatever else you feel you want.
    - no synergy besides shadow cloak surprise attack and even then its buggy - broken skill...
    - shadow cloak is hit and miss and doesnt do much for offensive capabilities besides stun combo that is too expensive for stam builds
    - they are good for the fact they can get near unlimited resources back but damage decrease is too high - the damage decrease is 10% on abilities and 20ish % on weapon attacks... its not that high considering you get unlimited resources in a game where resource generation is a big problem.(its because it only reduces 22% of your spell/weapon power but both magical and melee attacks use 2 or 3 things to increase damage, siphon only reduces one of them)

No class is perfect... we all wish we had things we don`t have... some are better at soloing PVE some are better in PVP... they will NEVER make them equal in all aspects as it would ruin the diversity. NB`s can top the damage meters as melee, can solo VR public dungeons, make good casters and have some cool unique abilities like Mark Target, Siphon, Invisibility, Haste...

You should pressure them to get you fixed but asking for buffs beyond that is not the best idea... or you will end up nerfed.

What they should maybe do is make some guides... as i have seen some NB`s do really well so it can be done, people just need to find out how.
  • Aoifesan
    Aoifesan
    ✭✭✭
    People keep saying on forums and in game that nightblades are overpowered and dont need to be buffed.... You sit there on your dragonnight thinking everything is fine with your nightblade while you solo v10 content and cry about the glory days where you could out dps anyone with rightclick.

Nightblades are not fine, they make good healers and they work with this build yadayadayada... they should work with every build not just the one you are using... I should be able to put my points in stamina, pull out a bow and deal as much damage as the next guy... that just doesn't happen.

-Haste doesnt work past rank 2 with any weapon
    -summon shade does 26 damage a hit.. as a capston
    -assasination has one damage skill that does barely anything unless they are low
    - most builds have the same three things on the bar, surprise attack, shadow cloak and siphoning strikes
    - they have low aoe capabilities, which would be fine if they had more single target dps
    - sneak attacks are bugged sometimes not doing damge
    - no reliable heal (all other classes have a decent heal) cant even get back to full with strife
    - no real debuffs, just damage and crappy buffs
    - no synergy besides shadow cloak surprise attack and even then its buggy
    - they are good for the fact they can get near unlimited resources back but damage decrease is too high

Stop just blowing people off because you aren't having the problems.

1) haste works just fine with every weapon I've tested except bows.
    2) Summon shade is still horrible (this is the one point you are correct on)
    3)MOST people are doing things wrong in different situations.
    4)They have as much class based AoE available to them as anyone else, Path of Darkness is slated for a damage buff, The siphon tier 5 is a decent AoE damage dealer that buffs your weapon damage based on number of targets hit, and The ULT for Darkness called Something of Blades does ~140 damage a sec in a largish area with a 70% snare. (if all that doesn't make you understand how wrong you are nothing will)
    5) No real debuffs? What are you smoking? Siphon has debilitate which while dotting the enemy and slowing his attacks by 17% is nothing to sneeze at. The top tier Siphon AoE removes damage from mobs in an AoE, the Fear skill can be morphed to give you a 27% reduction in damage and a 50% snare for 3 seconds. (Again it sounds like you are doing it wrong).
    6)There's plenty of synergy with siphon damage abilities giving you ultimate you can also take other skills and armor sets to build ultimate quickly as well.
    7) on shadow cloak you'd be correct it's cost is too high and it's buggy (you made it to TWO correct points in your list.
    9) Oh now you are up to three correct points as the damage reduction on siphon strikes and its morphs (perhaps after the morph) should likely be reduced to 10% damage reduction so that the top tier siphon has a shot at making you break even / get 10% ahead at that level!