Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Should the servers be merged?

DakotaCoty
DakotaCoty
✭✭✭
Right now, on the EU server, I can't find a group nor get help with the following:
- World bosses
- Dolmens
- Public dungeons
- Instanced dungeons

We know both megaservers are hosted in the same region, North America and it seems that getting a group after 1am, even at the weekends is a hard task to accomplish.

Should they be merged to create a better PvE experience for night-owls like myself?
Edited by DakotaCoty on 27 May 2014 04:44
EU player
http://tinyurl.com/10VampGuide
www.twitter.com/DakotaKavanagh

Should the servers be merged? 36 votes

Yes, both EU and NA servers should be merged
19%
DragonMothern.englishb14_ESOdavid271749kiesoTalysDakotaCotytanthil 7 votes
No, they shouldn't.
80%
VeeroGwarokindytims_ESO4f6f3bLeeshaHandofBaneXuxilbarap_tsakirisb16_ESOThe_SpAwNalvinp90b16_ESOnightside187b16_ESOSynfaerdemendredxPuppetxWolfsheadNinnghizhiddakkidd0hHavenAuraliaMeinsamr 29 votes
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, they shouldn't.
    If a mega server is a ghost town, even at 1am, there is no saving ESO.

I think you might be using a little bit of Hyperbole.
    Edited by Blackwidow on 27 May 2014 05:02
  • Gwarok
    Gwarok
    ✭✭✭
    No, they shouldn't.
    Edited by Gwarok on 27 May 2014 21:11
    "Strive for balance of all things. When the scales tip to one side or the other, someone or somethings gets short-changed. When someone gets short-changed, unpredictability and strife unbalance the world around us...To achieve freedom from greed, from want, and from strife, all parties in any exchange MUST find balance." -House Hlaalu's Philosophy of Trade

"I am ALWAYS very busy, so I KNOW what's best. You need to stay away from the waterfall. TRUST ME, you're better off keeping busy than playing in the stream....Do you know how to swim, Little Scrib?"

"I am but a simple farmer". -Rags'nar LodesBroke

#SKOOMA!

(Juliet):
    ...it is nor hand, nor foot,
    Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
    Belonging to a man.
    O, be some other name!
    What's in a name?
    That which we call a rose?
    By any other name would smell as sweet.
    Retain that dear perfection to which he owes...
    (Act II, Scene II -William Shakespeare's: Romeo & Juliet -1595 A.D.)

• madangrypally
    madangrypally
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blackwidow wrote: »
    If a mega server is a ghost town, even at 1am, there is no saving ESO.

I think you might be using a little bit of Hyperbole.

I spent hours in Rift earlier during a weekend and around prime time and did not see a soul while questing. There are ghost zones already no matter the time of day.
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, they shouldn't.
    Like I said if the ONE and ONLY American server is a ghost town, ESO is screwed.
  • Requiemslove
    Requiemslove
    ✭✭✭
    No, they shouldn't.
    DakotaCoty wrote: »
    Right now, on the EU server, I can't find a group nor get help with the following:
    - World bosses
    - Dolmens
    - Public dungeons
    - Instanced dungeons

We know both megaservers are hosted in the same region, North America and it seems that getting a group after 1am, even at the weekends is a hard task to accomplish.

Should they be merged to create a better PvE experience for night-owls like myself?

I think you are being overly dramatic and honestly, if you expect to find much of anyone online in the wee small hours you are obviously out of your mind. Even if the numbers are going down that is not to say it's not reversible. This game is new, its still in its baby birth state, yes, a lot is wrong but that's not to say it cant come right. You do know you are suggesting a mega server merger, after LESS than two months. This is ridiculous, as is this thread, as are your thoughts on this matter. Completely unrealistic. You do realise your OP is stamped at 05.44 am. Seriously, at this hour what did you expect?
  • Nikki_Mond
    No, they shouldn't.
    I would imagine them cutting the amount of campaigns but not merging the servers. At least not anytime soon.
    Merging the servers would be telling the world the game didn't work out. There are other marketing instruments they still have open to get new players and get the old ones back.
  • Xuxilbara
    Xuxilbara
    ✭✭
    No, they shouldn't.
    Would prefer not to merge them - this would kill any chance of the EU-Server ever moving to Europe.
  • tanthil
    tanthil
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, both EU and NA servers should be merged
    Nikki_Mond wrote: »
    There are other marketing instruments they still have open to get new players and get the old ones back.

Like?
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, they shouldn't.
    @‌DakotaCoty

You do know that average player do have work to go to and have family to spend there time with to on weekend ESO have most like a high average age then WoW have which mean the most player that play ESO have life outside this game.

Honest i can say i do not like sit inside on weekend if sun outside so do it mean that game is ghost town you have reminder when summer time is here all mmo will have big drop in there player base it don't matter if game is new or 10 year old why do think the are hardly no expansion release this time of year answer is the all mmo company know if the release expansion before summer or under summer it will be big flop for 9 out 10 player will not be home under summer for the most like go away on there vacation.
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
  • Leesha
    Leesha
    ✭✭✭
    No, they shouldn't.
    I'm on the EU server and during prime time for them there are tons of people around on the Daggerfall side. The population is very healthy still, just not when most EU players are in bed.
  • TicToc
    TicToc
    ✭✭✭
    Blackwidow wrote: »
    Like I said if the ONE and ONLY American server is a ghost town, ESO is screwed.

He's on the EU server, not the US server.

If you live in Western Europe or UK, then you would expect it to be a ghost town at 1:00 am, most people are sleeping.

I assume that the plan is still to eventually move the EU server to Europe. If that is the case then it would make sense for Europe to stay on the EU server, unless it is a ghost town during prime time.

• Lovely
    Lovely
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know, I'd rather not vote on this one.

I would like a healthy population, but I also want responsive combat and I hear moving EU megaserver to EU might help.