Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Was the "Battlefield Mobility" passive fixed?

Sadae
Sadae
✭✭✭
Was the "Battlefield Mobility" passive fixed? This is for 1H+Shield that allows 25% or 50% (for 1 or 2 spent skill points spent on it) increased movement speed while blocking. I know there were very few complaints about this since most shields users were more concerned with bashing, but I find that when I'm tanking in a group role that I REALLY want this ability!

I was hugely disappointed when I spent a point on this only to discover it that didn't work. Without a direct comparison of the before & after it's too hard to tell if anything has changed. If it's fixed then I'll spend the second point on it. If not, well, I guess let downs are the norm for this game...
  • Sadae
    Sadae
    ✭✭✭
    Anybody? A response from a GM would be nice, and if it wasn't fixed, is it being looked into? Any time frame for a fix?
  • Sadae
    Sadae
    ✭✭✭
    *drums fingers*

I realize most people only used a 1H+Shield for the bash exploit, but come on, surely some people actually use it to play a tank. Is "Battlefield Mobility" fixed or not? I guess ESO doesn't care either.
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am still waiting to get to lvl50 on the S&B. I will test it soon. I didn't know that it was not working. :(
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • luke.glanfordrwb17_ESO
    Came to ask the same question. Not in patch notes. Will go and test.
  • luke.glanfordrwb17_ESO
    Nope, they have not fixed it. Move at same speed with a 2H than with a 1H1S.

Lets make some noise about this guys.
  • Sadae
    Sadae
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, they have not fixed it. Move at same speed with a 2H than with a 1H1S.

Lets make some noise about this guys.
    Yes, let's. This is very frustrating. ESO, how about paying attention to the people who use this skill line as intended, and not for exploits? This shouldn't be difficult to fix, and should have been fixed long ago, or least with the other fixes that came with Craglorn.
  • ShintaiDK
    ShintaiDK
    ✭✭✭
    Nope. The Sword and shield line is more broken than NBs. And that says a lot.

Pierce armour is broken, battlefield mobility, deadly bash values is broken and so on.
  • Sadae
    Sadae
    ✭✭✭
    ShintaiDK wrote: »
    Pierce armour is broken
    What's wrong with Pierce Armor?
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadae wrote: »
    Pierce armour is broken
    It doesn't nearly debuff by 40%, more like 4%.
  • Sadae
    Sadae
    ✭✭✭
    Pierce armour is broken
    Can you provide any links that discuss or confirm this? I can't find anything anywhere that suggest this problem.
  • Xancathb16_ESO
    Xancathb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Pierce armour is broken
    Can you provide any links that discuss or confirm this? I can't find anything anywhere that suggest this problem.

Yes I've never read/heard anything about this, fairly sure it's just made up.
  • pinstripesc
    pinstripesc
    ✭✭✭
    It's broken? That explains why it was so underwhelming... :\
    Edited by pinstripesc on 24 May 2014 10:09
  • Kalann_Pander
    Kalann_Pander
    ✭✭✭
    I use it, and it works fine for me (lvl 34 NB).
    Keep in mind that 40% armor reduction doesn't mean 40% more damage - if your target isn't heavily armored, the effect is indeed pretty minor, but against tanks it works wonders :)
    Opinions are like buttholes : Everybody has one, and they usually stink.

3 things to reduce stamina/magicka imbalance :
    - Use magicka to block abilities costing magicka, instead of stamina.
    - Add % damage reduction to heavy armor.
    - Add block penetration to 2H.
  • Drasn
    Drasn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pierce armour is broken

It is broken, you can do the math easily from numbers in game.

Hit a mob with X attack, then hit the same mob with pierce armor, then hit the now debuffed mob with X attack again.

You should be doing 40% or higher damage with the second X attack, however you are only doing around 4% higher damage.
  • pinstripesc
    pinstripesc
    ✭✭✭
    Keep in mind that 40% armor reduction doesn't mean 40% more damage - if your target isn't heavily armored, the effect is indeed pretty minor, but against tanks it works wonders :)

We're talking Battlefield Mobility, which makes you move faster while blocking, no changes to damage, ye?

• Robocles
    Robocles
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We're talking Battlefield Mobility, which makes you move faster while blocking, no changes to damage, ye?

He was referring to the side discussion that developed regarding Pierce Armor.
  • Robocles
    Robocles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pierce armour is broken

Hit a mob with X attack, then hit the same mob with pierce armor, then hit the now debuffed mob with X attack again.

You should be doing 40% or higher damage with the second X attack, however you are only doing around 4% higher damage.

No, you won't. 40% less armor does not equate to 40% more damage. It will scale in effectiveness based upon how much armor the mob has. But, at no point will you ever get a full 40% more damage.
  • Sadae
    Sadae
    ✭✭✭
    ^ What Robocles said.

Back on topic to the "Battlefield Mobility" passive please.

Can we get a GM response to this please? Every skill in this game should be working by now. This isn't something that we should still be asking for another month from now.

I'm sure if it was giving too much extra mobility instead of none you'd of fixed it a long time ago. Too many sword & board people are already unhappy, so how about doing something positive? Please fix this.
  • Sadae
    Sadae
    ✭✭✭
    So I suppose this is another thing that's never going to get fixed, even though it's been broken since day one.

If I swear up a storm in here will a GM respond then? Maybe I should try it...
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pierce armour is broken

No. It just reduces the armor by 40% this only means that when it calculates the damage you do the armor value is only one factor in the equation.
    Edited by PBpsy on 25 May 2014 19:30
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Unless I was out of my mind and overcome by wishful thinking I did observe a slight increase in my foreword moving speed while going from rank 1 to rank 2 in Battlefield Mobility. Moving backwards seems to be as slow.The thing is that I would need somebody that doesn't have it to test it.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure it did get fixed. It was the first thing I checked after the patch

I move a bit faster while blocking with my shield now, compared to blocking with my bow. (Seems to be about 1.5x faster, which matches up with the passive)

It's noticeable.
  • Sadae
    Sadae
    ✭✭✭
    We need somebody with and without the skill moving while blocking side by side to know for sure. It shouldn't be something you "think you might be moving faster". It should be obvious.

I have just 1 point in it for 25% if somebody from Ebonheart Pact wants to whisper @Sadae in-game that has both points in it and we can compare.
    Edited by Sadae on 26 May 2014 19:06
  • Sadae
    Sadae
    ✭✭✭
    I did some testing the way Valencer did. (I should have thought of that myself!) I timed a set path I walked while blocking with a bow, and then with a 1H+shield. With my one point in "Battlefield Mobility" I did indeed walk it 25% quicker. I spend my second point in "Battlefield Mobility" and tested it again, and I walked it 50% quicker.

So "Battlefield Mobility" works now. It would've been nice if the patch notes said this.
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it works. It is now possible to retreat from those ~2.5m radius red circles in time while keeping my shield up. It is worth the skill points,
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater