Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Is it viable to give a slight amount of exp for harvesting nodes?

jbfroik
jbfroik
✭✭✭
Would it be game breaking to give exp in the craft the node applies to, or to give just general exp when harvesting a node.
Edited by jbfroik on 27 May 2014 04:16

Is it viable to give a slight amount of exp for harvesting nodes? 36 votes

Yes, but only exp for the appropriate class
25%
OzghostPimbeedavid271749elcmaeed5Tootall2186HavenDakotaCotyOneForSorrowPhoenixWing 9 votes
Yes, but only toward the characters general level
19%
ZephericVeeron.englishb14_ESOskarvikaThe_SpAwNgurluasb16_ESOKalhalad 7 votes
No, It would break the game
55%
indytims_ESOLeeshadennissomb16_ESOnightside187b16_ESOShareerattbagrwb17_ESOShaun98ca2MKLSZarkazSynfaerNinnghizhiddakkidd0hCogoAuraliaBlackwidowstabbykittehTicTocWorstluckLovelyRed Venom 20 votes
  • gurluasb16_ESO
    gurluasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but only toward the characters general level
    If it's something small like 50 xp per node, I think it's ok. It may help with the underleveling and give a small incentive for leveling the profession.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The node itself doesn't have any sort of flavor reason to give xp to the crafting line. If there were a general "harvester" skill line for some reason, it could apply to that.

In general, you do get xp from the nodes, but you have to refine and then craft with the item from the node so in a way, it already does give xp. To give it from the node itself would be out of flavor and double dipping on xp.

That being said, I wouldn't be against them adding xp to nodes, but the potential for abuse is there with botters still running rampant so I can see why it wouldn't be on the dev to do list.
  • TicToc
    TicToc
    ✭✭✭
    No. You have incentive for leveling a profession. You get to create items that you can use and/or sell. The items you get from a node is reward enough.

Not to mention, every bag, box, crate, chest, etc... is a node for provisioning.

You use a node, you get a crafting item. That is your reward.
  • stabbykitteh
    stabbykitteh
    ✭✭✭✭
    'Break the game' might be hyperbole, but wouldn't node xp make it easier to level bots for other uses?

edit: there are already Veteran bots, btw. I have seen them with my own beady little eyeballs. No need to help them make more, however.
    Edited by stabbykitteh on 27 May 2014 05:39
  • Tootall2186
    Tootall2186
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, but only exp for the appropriate class
    I would actually like it if I could harvest certain nodes, provisioning aside, and get exp for said crafting line.
    Not general exp no. Tht would let the botters have an even easier time of leveling toons.
  • Zarkaz
    Zarkaz
    ✭✭
    No, or we will see veteran bots soon :smiley:
  • MKLS
    MKLS
    ✭✭✭
    I totally agree with the poster above - the only thing holding the bots back at the moment is that they are usually low level - let them gain experience from farming nodes and its just giving the gold sellers what they want.
  • Gwarok
    Gwarok
    ✭✭✭
    economics 101:

no such thing as a free lunch
    "Strive for balance of all things. When the scales tip to one side or the other, someone or somethings gets short-changed. When someone gets short-changed, unpredictability and strife unbalance the world around us...To achieve freedom from greed, from want, and from strife, all parties in any exchange MUST find balance." -House Hlaalu's Philosophy of Trade

"I am ALWAYS very busy, so I KNOW what's best. You need to stay away from the waterfall. TRUST ME, you're better off keeping busy than playing in the stream....Do you know how to swim, Little Scrib?"

"I am but a simple farmer". -Rags'nar LodesBroke

#SKOOMA!

(Juliet):
    ...it is nor hand, nor foot,
    Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
    Belonging to a man.
    O, be some other name!
    What's in a name?
    That which we call a rose?
    By any other name would smell as sweet.
    Retain that dear perfection to which he owes...
    (Act II, Scene II -William Shakespeare's: Romeo & Juliet -1595 A.D.)

• Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stupid polls with the words after the choices...

No, it would break the game?????

Seriously???

No bias there.
  • Leesha
    Leesha
    ✭✭✭
    Like we really need the bots infesting higher level areas faster than they already are! The way they exploit, they would all be vet 1 in no time.
  • Lovely
    Lovely
    ✭✭✭
    No. But not because it would 'break the game'. I think everyone is thinking bots.
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lovely wrote: »
    No. But not because it would 'break the game'. I think everyone is thinking bots.

Not true. I was not thinking at all.