Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

New Nvidia drivers released!!

WylieCoyote1511
WylieCoyote1511
✭✭✭
For those that are interested :wink:
  • Skillet
    Skillet
    ✭✭✭
    No SLI profile for ESO included. Soon.
  • Xupacabra
    Xupacabra
    ✭✭✭
    First thing that pop up today here... already installed.
    Chupacabra with rage @ EU server AD faction Thornblade home
  • dietlime
    dietlime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skillet wrote: »

SLI has been historically poorly supported in almost every game, offering at most a 20% performance gain over a single card; but on average less than 12%.

SLI is for people who:

1.) Happen to have two of the same card anyway.

2.) Have extremely too much money and just want to go over the top.

3.) OEM manufacturers of laptops who want to design with redundancy.

You are almost always better off buying a single, more expensive card and updating it more often, selling off the old one second-hand.

Expecting great SLI support is unreasonable, most games that support it barely gain anything from it, and it's falling from favor in the industry on the development side because the gains are often not worth the effort.

I hope a profile comes around, as I do happen to have two of the same card: but I bought them for two different computers. When one got upgraded, the other became SLI. I don't hold my breath of discount developers for lacking in SLI support.
    Edited by dietlime on 26 May 2014 14:48
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dietlime wrote: »

SLI has been historically poorly supported in almost every game, offering at most a 20% performance gain over a single card; but on average less than 12%.

SLI is for people who:

You are almost always better off buying a single, more expensive card and updating it more often, selling off the old one second-hand.

Expecting great SLI support is unreasonable, most games that support it barely gain anything from it, and it's falling from favor in the industry on the development side because the gains are often not worth the effort.

I hope a profile comes around, as I do happen to have two of the same card: but I bought them for two different computers. When one got upgraded, the other became SLI. I don't hold my breath of discount developers for lacking in SLI support.

Sorry, but I disagree. There are some games that do not scale well in SLI but there are also many games that scale in the 50% improvement or more. Getting true 100% gains is very rare, but I cannot think of many games in my Steam archive that supported SLI which only got a 20% improvement.

With forced AFR2 in ESO I already see a reasonable scaling performance.

I do agree that going with one powerful GPU will give overall better performance than 2 or more lower level ones. But, at times it is easier and more cost effective to upgrade by getting a second of your current GPU than buying a newer one.

Also, for some people using either 3D, multiple monitors or 4K resolutions a multi-GPU is very beneficial.
  • esoone
    esoone
    ✭✭✭

SLI is for people who:

BF4 is crazy wit 3 Titan.
    Edited by esoone on 26 May 2014 15:17
  • benrsb16_ESO
    benrsb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    So Wildstar not even officially out yet, and BAM! new nvidia driver release with dedicated SLI profile for it, ready for headstart.

Seriously guys... quite disappointing, to say the least: almost 2 months since release, we still seeing this crap with CPU load spiking and multiple GPUs going 99% / 0% in SLI config (yes I know the tweak about AFR2 - is by no means comparable to a native profile, just a dumbed down workaround to sort of spread the load between cards).

Sigh.

• danteafk
    danteafk
    ✭✭

SLI is for people who:

You have no idea and you're jealous. Compensating your lack of money and jealousy with your own arguments which are bad.
  • coppersloane
    coppersloane
    ✭✭
    Hey, guys, maybe you could stop flicking boogers at each other for a moment and actually report on how ESO is running with the new drivers? That would be great.
    Raen Severus . Imperial . Rank 10 Vampire . Nightbow
    Adamus Regulus . Imperial . Craftsman
    GM of NACHT
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In addition to the new 337.88 drivers GeForce Experience will auto optimize ESO.
  • Indarqeen
    Indarqeen
    ✭✭
    20% gain!! thats quiet good
  • tanthil
    tanthil
    ✭✭✭

SLI is for people who:

historically, yes, if you take all the data from day one, sure 20% maybe the average increase but in the last couple of years the gain has skyrocketed, specifically with pci-e bandwidth more then doubling(mobos being built to cater to sli/xfire setups, rather then having the bandwidth for 1 card being shared between 2)

also it would be zenimax slowing down and sli support as it has been shown both nvidea and ati love to get in there and work with devs on big name games and have everything ready for release, if, and only if they are granted the support needed

Edited by tanthil on 26 May 2014 20:01
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not that I care about sli but it is interesting that the v337.88 patch notes says Wildstar SLI profile added.
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    theyancey wrote: »
    In addition to the new 337.88 drivers GeForce Experience will auto optimize ESO.

What does your "auto optmized" eso profile settings look like?
  • michaelpatrickjonesnub18_ESO
    wrlifeboil wrote: »
    Not that I care about sli but...v337.88 patch notes says Wildstar SLI profile added.

Not that I care about Wildstar, but that's what you call good management.

As opposed to...

Bad management.
  • HandofBane
    HandofBane
    ✭✭✭✭

Is GeForce Experience actually worth using now? When it first released, I tried using it on Skyrim and it ended up turning on all the oddest settings, tanking my fps hard and causing everything to stutter badly when turning in place.
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know if the latest drivers fix the invisible ghost issue?
  • Skillet
    Skillet
    ✭✭✭

SLI is for people who:

Me thinks you have had bad experiences with SLI, mine have been very good, been PC'ing with SLI since BF2. Only way to go.
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That will be different for different rigs. My view distance is 100. All options are set to on. 1920x1080 rez, full sreen. Shadow quality and particle density set to ultra. Sub sampling, texture quality, and water reflection quality set to high.
  • Tarwin
    Tarwin
    ✭✭✭
    HandofBane wrote: »

Is GeForce Experience actually worth using now? When it first released, I tried using it on Skyrim and it ended up turning on all the oddest settings, tanking my fps hard and causing everything to stutter badly when turning in place.

I'm not a huge fan of it at all. I think it only dables with the game video settings and for ESO there aren't exactly tons to play around with. I also play on a mobile GTX780 and I'm not sure if GFE understands the difference between mobile and desktop GPU's

Regardless, everything on Max set manually and the FPS rarely dip below 40 and peek at 90ish
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That will be different for different rigs. My view distance is 100. All options are set to on. 1920x1080 rez, full sreen. Shadow quality and particle density set to ultra. Sub sampling, texture quality, and water reflection quality set to high.

I know that. Which "auto-optimized" settings were different than the settings that you were already using?
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well the first thing the new drivers did was change my default speakers from my Logitech Wireless headset to my 610 GT's HDMI output port for no particular reason! My TV wasn't even turned on!
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!