Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Suggestion for new mount model!

YuccaPalm
YuccaPalm
✭✭✭
Could drop very rarely from a world/dungeon boss.

[img][/img]hjbI9dx.jpg

• Dreamo84
    Dreamo84
    ✭✭✭
    It's not that it isn't cool. I just don't think crazy mounts fits the Elder Scrolls IP. It's always just been a horse world.
    Dream it, wish it, do it... or something...
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know that I'm not a majority on this, and I feel as if I'm being a stick in the mud, but I would personally prefer not to see odds-and-ends mounts in this game.

Mind you, the first time I saw all those strange mounts was in World of Warcraft. And I hated it. So obviously, I carry my bias with me into new games too.

I just don't think I'd enjoy it much if players rode around on scorpions, etc. But it is an extra level of customization and a lot of players seem to enjoy the content. Maybe my personal preference is to the overall detriment of the game, who knows.
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • KriHavok
    KriHavok
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Dreamo84‌ Dragons too! Also, a Unicorn from TES:IV.
    UESP Staffer & Wiki Editor
  • Pewpie
    Pewpie
    ✭✭✭
    At least allow more horse choices. 4 (or whatever it is) different feels a little low?

Give us more options to have unique looking horses at least.

And give us the option to trade in our horse for AN EQUAL level horse of a different color/breed for a small sum of gold.
  • Swordguy
    Swordguy
    ✭✭✭
    I just talked to a stablemaster in rivenspire that said he could get me a bear mount.

obviously it was a joke, but it would be funny as all hell to have a dovahbear mount.
    IN SOVIET RUSSIA, GUN LOADS YOU!

Do you Troll bait?

Support Soundcloud, its' artists and listen to millions of free tracks...
    Like Mine! ---> https://soundcloud.com/swordguy/party-in-the-dui
    Or This Brilliant Track ----> https://soundcloud.com/teknolog1st/cstriker
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like te see main game designer as new mount, yeah!
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clash of the titans online. Hell yeah!

But no. The towns will look ugly when more people gets this. Make it come out with more choices? Yes.
    Edited by Aeradon on 26 May 2014 15:23
    People keep telling me they're gonna buy me an ale. They never do.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

Help make this compilation complete!
    Compilation of Ideas and Suggestions
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, but a herd of horses near crafting stations is bad enough.
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dreamo84‌ Dragons too! Also, a Unicorn from TES:IV.

@JollySkyrim‌ I'll name it Lady Rainicorn. (:

16870-1-1209456359.jpg

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

• ZeroInspiration
    ZeroInspiration
    ✭✭✭
    The only "fantastic" mounts that would fit the lore are Guars, Netches and Unicorns, maybe some lizard from deep Argonia. The first two are sure to be introduced sooner or later.
  • Snowstrider
    Snowstrider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dreamo84 wrote: »
    It's not that it isn't cool. I just don't think crazy mounts fits the Elder Scrolls IP. It's always just been a horse world.

Oh please,Dont give me that. Theres lots of lore friendly mounts in the TES world,Mostly described in lore. Its such a shame zenimax choosed to ignore that,Hopefully they add more then dull horses in the future :)
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dreamo84 wrote: »

Oh please,Dont give me that. Theres lots of lore friendly mounts in the TES world,Mostly described in lore. Its such a shame zenimax choosed to ignore that,Hopefully they add more then dull horses in the future :)

Yes we do. Following are some examples. Though some are not described by lore, but play what we want right?

Bears - Mentioned by stable master.
    Snow_Bear_%28Skyrim%29.png

Boars - Runs so fast, you need a horse to get away.
    Beast_Oblivian_boar.png

Deers - I have a feeling they will have reindeer mounts for Christmas
    256px-Deer%28Skyrim%29.jpg

But I prefer Elks, they will be my bard's only ride.
    256px-Elk%28Skyrim%29.jpg

Guars - Self explanatory
    250px-Guar_%28Online%29.jpg

Mammoths - Cyrodiil needs this.
    256px-Mammoth.png

Sabrecats!
    256px-Sabre_Cat_%28Skyrim%29.png

@YuccaPalm‌ Wait a sec, Unarmed combat??
    Edited by Aeradon on 26 May 2014 15:52

• YuccaPalm
    YuccaPalm
    ✭✭✭
    @aeradon yup fists hit hard! =)
    Edited by YuccaPalm on 26 May 2014 16:07
  • KriHavok
    KriHavok
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Aeradon Lady Rainicorn is looking good! Haha.
    UESP Staffer & Wiki Editor
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YuccaPalm wrote: »
    @aeradon yup fists hit hard! =)

I bet they do! Gonna try unarmed next time. Which class did you pick? *edit* stupid question lol. How is your unarmed DK coping?
    @Aeradon Lady Rainicorn is looking good! Haha.
    Lord Monochromicon too!
    maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Aeradon on 26 May 2014 16:49

• YuccaPalm
    YuccaPalm
    ✭✭✭
    @aeradon well unarmed heavy attack hits harder than dual wield heavy attack (:
  • jdoe
    jdoe
    ✭✭✭
    I just want to ride in a silk strider.
  • wafffllesss
    wafffllesss
    ✭✭✭
    What about customizable horses?
    • Craftable horse armors
    • Customizable mantles for the horse, with an option to select colors and other decorations as well as put a symbol in them to represent your "house".
    • Change horse "hair styles", hairy feet and such things.
    • War paint your horse

Examples:

Horse with armor, decorated mantle and hairy feet:

War_Horse_by_BenWootten.jpg

War paint:

c81140cfbfecfa856687f5ee940ef4ef.jpg