Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Suggestion for Kardala summoned bosses.

Ytterin
Ytterin
✭✭
I know they were being abused. I don't want to make them as farmed as the Anomalies once more, but I do think that allowing loot and VP every now and then off them would be acceptable.
So, since they give nothing anymore, would a timer be feasible? They could be added to the existing timer, or something new could be put in place. After all, the people who are doing them for quests, or helping out somebody doing the quests, or just getting credit for the delve... should not be affected by this to the extent of no loot or VP.

Alternatively, make them worth some VP relative to the difficulty... aka maybe 10k.

Whatever you do, please change it in some way to make the stones that drop worth something... as it stands they are just something to throw away.
  • Zabus
    Zabus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I honestly thought it was designed for us to farm/grind and was compensation for making the VR grind extremely boring and slow.

I was like, "Hey good stuff Zennimax. As long as we have grinds like this available to us, I won't have a problem with raising the level cap."

Honestly it sucks to know that wasn't the case. At least some people hit V12 before it stopped giving xp/loot.
    Zavus - Khajiit Nightblade EP | AR 50
    Zāv - Imperial Templar | AR 24
    Zavbags - Argonian Nightblade EP | AR 19
    Zabus - Redguard Nightblade DC | AR 13
    Negate Three - Breton Sorcerer EP | AR 19
  • hamon
    hamon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i got my guy to 11.5 and i,m glad i did , i knew it was yet another thing that was poorly tested, it was just an epic vending machine. put in a stone and up pops your guy with your loot once you spank him... that said I felt i had to grind on it cos after they broke biting jabs i litterally feel i cant face doing anything solo so if i have to group to level , cos thats the only option zenimax has left me as a templar... then lets do it old school .. get a group stand in one spot and chain pull mobs for hours on end.. efficient but a giant leap backwards .

what is telling was how many folk were also choosing that as the prefered way to grind vet lvls. spoke volumes to me.

year 2000 called they want their MMO back..
  • Ytterin
    Ytterin
    ✭✭
    Yeah, it wouldn't be bad IF the mobs in Craglorn gave halfway decent VP. I think that was something they tried to address in the patch notes, and then all the stuff in Craglorn gives 1/3 of what the VR8-10 mobs do.

Leveling is a big thing for themepark MMOs. They thrive on it. However, it needs to be done well, and with so much easy VP in Craglorn the actual content is a no go for most people. After all, nobody wants 50k VP an hour compared against millions an hour. As for the nerfs to your class skill... I know there are several ways of doing things in game that work, try something new! However, *Points above at VP note on mobs* I don't think you are missing much in terms of Craglorn mob grinding.

So I understand the nerf, but I just wish it didn't feel like every time there is one it is overdone. Hence my suggestions for changing it.
    Edited by Ytterin on 26 May 2014 02:35
  • Zabus
    Zabus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ytterin wrote: »
    Yeah, it wouldn't be bad IF the mobs in Craglorn gave halfway decent VP. I think that was something they tried to address in the patch notes, and then all the stuff in Craglorn gives 1/3 of what the VR8-10 mobs do.

Leveling is a big thing for themepark MMOs. They thrive on it. However, it needs to be done well, and with so much easy VP in Craglorn the actual content is a no go for most people. After all, nobody wants 50k VP an hour compared against millions an hour. As for the nerfs to your class skill... I know there are several ways of doing things in game that work, try something new! However, *Points above at VP note on mobs* I don't think you are missing much in terms of Craglorn mob grinding.

So I understand the nerf, but I just wish it didn't feel like every time there is one it is overdone. Hence my suggestions for changing it.

Should have kept the loot at least because honestly the drops we get in general are pretty *** in this game.
    Zavus - Khajiit Nightblade EP | AR 50
    Zāv - Imperial Templar | AR 24
    Zavbags - Argonian Nightblade EP | AR 19
    Zabus - Redguard Nightblade DC | AR 13
    Negate Three - Breton Sorcerer EP | AR 19
  • RivenCsky
    RivenCsky
    ✭✭
    They are not being "abused" as the usage is within the design of the instance. Players in the past have not been exclusively running Dungeons in order to get to Veteran levels and for some reason the Dev's think that players are now going to change their play style to participate exclusively in dungeons just because they no longer have a choice on how to level?

No..... players have shown that they will make raids and bypass these insane mechanics whenever and wherever possible. All Veterans are raid grinding Seekers, Anomalys, and yes Dungeons for one reason..... To get leveled up. This entire expansion has no adventure in it, it should just be renamed as Veteran Dungeon of Exploration.

At Veteran level you can no longer quickly raise new skills or test out new builds. The recent changes has taken the only used melee ability away and left a void and forced all players to create Mage type ranged builds just to advance in the game However, they failed to give Veteran players a path to raise training in these new skill lines in such a fashion to allow the player to be an effective participant in these Dungeons.

Lets us not forget how far those skyshards are buried in those dungeons. Really? Really?

Soon we will flag this game in the online community as "ESO Mage Battles"
    Edited by RivenCsky on 26 May 2014 07:49