Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Nightblade's...I am sorry for you!

taylorwilenskiub17_ESO
I also have a NB and felt the pain of their weakness a while back which is why I re-rolled as a DK. I still plan on rocking my NB again because I had a lot of fun with him, but I will wait until they are fixed.

Now, while I appreciate Zenimax coming fourth and making an official statement about the fixes they are working on and looking into for NBs I can't help but wonder something...

How did it take Zenimax so long to make a statement or acknowledge that there were some serious issues going on with Nightblade skills and passives? I could understand not finding out about a bugged quest or world boss right away, but with the amount of NB skills that need attention it should have been made a priority from the get go.

I love this game, but I am begging you Zenimax--please do not release ANYMORE content until everything right now is fixed. If there are bugs with Craglorn (which I'm sure there are) LEAVE THEM! Fix the rest of the game first.

My step-father plays this game and he has been stuck on a main quest 'The Army of Meridia' for 2 weeks now and is unable to progress in Coldharbor. I doubt you would even offer him free game time for this either which is astounding. I just don't understand how you have a major patch and main quests like that are still bugged.

But what do I know? I'm just an e-thug.
  • Raeder
    Raeder
    ✭✭✭
    They've known for months, this isn't news to them, they just proved that they really don't care as they are pushing fixes for 6 weeks.

It has been a long time since I've seen incompetence on this scale from a MMO dev team.
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raeder wrote: »
    They've known for months, this isn't news to them, they just proved that they really don't care as they are pushing fixes for 6 weeks.

It has been a long time since I've seen incompetence on this scale from a MMO dev team.

I've yet to see an MMO run differently. Best dev communication I've ever seen, EvE online, and those devs sometimes take two years to fix known issues.

It's a matter of perspective, I guess. Six weeks in the MMO world isn't usually long enough to get approval for the dev patch via email. WoW has issues take six months or more. And lets not even reference free-to-play MMO's.

Been playing MMO's for more than a decade. Seen the world (SOE) and the best (CCP).

Zenimax is doing pretty damn good. Well above average.
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • HandofBane
    HandofBane
    ✭✭✭✭
    Having seen the posts we get from the ZOS community team, combined with the questions they ask about certain things that are broken, plus the many posts and such we have from PTS players regarding what they have reported and what they have been asked to test, I have a theory about all this:

I think the problem is neither the PTS players, nor (directly) the developers, though both parties are not completely relieved of potential blame. I think what may be the issue is that whoever is responsible for taking the feedback and reports on bugs and such from the PTS is either unable or unwilling to do their job on processing and relaying everything. It may be that person is overwhelmed and needs help to filter through it all, or it may be that person just doesn't give a damn and only reports on what specific item was asked to be tested while intentionally ignoring anything unrelated to it (see Craglorn vs the other things that broke with the patch).
  • ElSlayer
    ElSlayer
    ✭✭✭
    I think they were focused on issues with game launch, Craglorn and bot problem.
    That is how they placed their priorities. And, you know... this is right. They have addressed problems that affects ALL classes first.

On the other thought IMO they shouldn't release a game with whole one class being bugged as hell.
    @d0e1ow: There is no singular thing within a game's little ecosystem that will convince you that you hate the game, hate your life, and hate everyone around you faster than the game's official forums will.

@TaffyIX: Life is too short to get upset by a video game.