Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

UI - Multi Screen Support - Bug?

Transorb
Transorb
✭✭
I am not sure where to place this post, but I have previously posted about multi screen support with Elders Scrolls Online.

Previously I have had issues where the mouse tends to wander off the screen and posted requesting to have this issue resolved. Well this patch has done exactly that, along with a multitude of other changes. I must admit, now that this issue has been addressed - I wish it were reverted back to before the change was made.

After this most recent patch, while the game window is up - all of my other screens go black. I cannot keep my resource monitor open to monitor performance, nor can I keep vent/team speak open along with the forums as I previously have. No, the mouse can no longer stray onto the other screen as it had previously. But now, only one screen may be active (the monitor with the game window) while the game is maximized.

This drives me crazy now. You can background the sound so when you alt tab out of ESO to check the forums, teamspeak, vent, or any other app - the ESO sounds still occur, however the game is minimized: *cool*. However, tabbing back into ESO turns all other screens black, thus prohibiting me from multitasking while playing. This drives me crazy, had I known that the request to have the mouse issue resolved would have led to this format of user interface, I would have never requested it.

I would much rather the mouse occasionally wander to the other screen than have all monitors not viewing the game window go blank.

Thoughts? Concerns? Just trying to be constructive here. I don't mind having to adapt to changes, however this change drastically effects the functionality of my computer while playing ESO, and I am not sure I like it or agree with it.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're in fullscreen mode (which is the new default). In your settings change it to windowed fullscreen mode, and it will work exactly the way it did before.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Transorb
    Transorb
    ✭✭
    Thank you much! I hadn't thought to try this. Absolutely resolved my issue - fantastic.

Thanks again.

-Matt
  • rattbagrwb17_ESO
    rattbagrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    As Ur-Quan said,
    Hit your options and set graphics to 'Windowed (Fullscreen)' and you'll be a happy camper
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Transorb wrote: »
    Thank you much! I hadn't thought to try this. Absolutely resolved my issue - fantastic.

Thanks again.

-Matt
    No problem - changing this setting on my desktop was the first thing I did after the patch (although I appreciate the true fullscreen mode on my laptop, where the better performance makes a difference).
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Transorb
    Transorb
    ✭✭
    Ur-Quan wrote: »
    Transorb wrote: »

Thanks again.

-Matt
    No problem - changing this setting on my desktop was the first thing I did after the patch (although I appreciate the true fullscreen mode on my laptop, where the better performance makes a difference).

Hmm, my laptop can barely run ESO on low settings. I barely even play on the laptop because of this - I only ever use it for LAN parties. I may have to try fullscreen mode if you say it helps performance. I haven't tried this yet - perhaps it can help improve gameplay on the laptop!