Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

FOV hack broken with patch, ugh.

• mndfreeze
    mndfreeze
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope either another person write a new TESO_FOV.exe replacement, or the original author (who I cannot find for the life of me anywhere, only links and discussions of his file) makes an update, or the best option is they just add it into the game UI as a slider or number box. I'm really fine with any option. I play first person exclusively. It's what makes the game attractive to me and makes me feel like I'm not playing yet another RPG/MMO clone. I even pvp this way even if its not optimal for the best kills, etc.

Normally in games the default FOV is fine. I playe vanilla skyrim and oblivion, etc. But ESO is REALLY set low and it does cause me some eyestrain, thankfully not full blown headaches though.

The devs did look at and approve the TESO_FOV.exe as someone else stated a little bit back in this thread. They've also stated that running a program to do this exact thing is completely OK. Other MMO's that don't have first person do so for variopus reasons, but there are some that do. Darkfall comes to mind. Being it is designed around pvp a lot of people play third person, but growing up with FPS shooters as a kid (doom, wolfenstien, quake, etc) I always feel I play better in first person. Now a lot of other games dont allow you to run programs like this because they dont allow ANY third party apps or software to interface or in any way alter the gameplay away from what they gave you as tools because it can bend the playing field in an unfair way. Sorta like making a crosshair overlay would give you an advantage in a game where your gun has no sights and you have to sort of eyeball where its shooting. TESO however doesnt follow that mindset and is really open about what you can run and use.

So, Devs, please2beMakingWithTheFasterAndPutInSliderkthxbye.
  • zdkazz
    zdkazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys eso launcher has a fov option and alot of other things also it can go higher that teso fov heres the link tested it this morning it evwn lets ou remove the fog

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/eso-launcher-graphics-enhancer/
    Edited by zdkazz on 24 May 2014 15:20
  • FishBreath
    FishBreath
    ✭✭
    zdkazz wrote: »
    Hey guys eso launcher has a fov option and alot of other things also it can go higher that teso fov heres the link tested it this morning it evwn lets ou remove the fog

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/eso-launcher-graphics-enhancer/
    Awesome, that works. :smile:
  • Ruddertail
    Ruddertail
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand why the FoV was set at 50 to begin with. 90 is the gold standard in almost every first person game in history. 50 is far too little and yes, it does cause nausea in a rather big chunk of the population.

edit: the linked addon complains about a missing .dll file.
    Edited by Ruddertail on 25 May 2014 09:53
  • BrightThing
    BrightThing
    Soul Shriven
    Ruddertail wrote: »

Works for me, and wonderfully so. Did you install the required software and follow the settings.ini?

• Ruddertail
    Ruddertail
    ✭✭✭
    Ruddertail wrote: »

Works for me, and wonderfully so. Did you install the required software and follow the settings.ini?

I didn't notice that the VCredist files were needed. It's fixed now.