Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

So who is ready for Craglorn ? (or, Just how many VR10s are out there, anyway ?)

• ckf12b14_ESO
    ckf12b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    coreserv wrote: »
    rusila22 wrote: »
    8 days after the game was released i was Vet10 so ya i'm waiting for craglorn since a longtime :)

How on earth is that even possible? I play nearly everyday for at least 3 hours minimum, some days a lot more.

I am at VR2.....I don't understand, even so called "power-leveling" how anyone could be VR10 8 days after release or even 20 days after release. Just me and my opinion based on the level progression when hitting VR1. Kudos, just wonder how in the world you did it. (maybe share a tip of how you accomplished it). I am not trying to rush through content, and I do look in every bag, barrel, chest, sack, urn, bookshelf. I just cant pass up a wardrobe or desk or barrel etc...without stopping and looking. Still would love to hear how or what method you used to do it.

And please don't take this as any kind of accusation, it just amazes me how anyone can get to endgame in 8 days.

There were quite a few PVP quest exploits upon release. People abused them (specifically the "kill 20 players" before it was nerfed to once daily) and got vr10 within a few days. Most of the exploits have been fixed now, and it takes actual effort to get to vr10.
  • xramirez535b14_ESO
    Was pacing myself with the quests because I enjoyed the stories... now at level 26ish they're not as exciting or intersting and I'm realizing how bland the world can be when quests aren't the highlight anymore... So I'll be blazing through the content to get to Trials sooner!
  • deathrament
    I had no intrest in the quests, just group content for me plz.
  • kittrellbj_ESO
    My VR10 is probably going to finish out Daggerfall Covenant first. I stopped when I hit max VR level about halfway through Alik'r Desert and didn't want the VR experience to go into a black hole.
  • SirJesto
    SirJesto
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so unprepared for Craglorn, my NB is still at VR 1.9 LOL - I guess I could pop in, and have a look (if someone wants to group with me), then prompty get pwned - I was hoping to be a lot closer to VR10 before it was released. Oh well, I guess I've still got some levelling to do ...
    Anyway, are there enough VR10s out there yet ? I guess ZoS think so, and they would know. I'd love to see them publish some stats on the distribution of levels across all characters - it would be fascinating to see.

Considering I play 5 characters equally and my highest is level 28 it's safe to say that It will be 3 months before I even get to play Craglorn. On the positive side, things have been getting fixed well before I have reached them. That and my beast of a machine have made this game way more enjoyable for me than most of the people I have read on here.
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Judging by large groups in Cyrodill, less than 10% of the player base is VR10. I really don't know why Zeni is rushing to raise the cap when no one was even asking for it.
    It can be disheartening to those that are still leveling that the cap is constantly going up and the top level is not achievable to the average player (or in this case roughly 90% of the player base).

• deathrament
    Judging by large groups in Cyrodill, less than 10% of the player base is VR10. I really don't know why Zeni is rushing to raise the cap when no one was even asking for it.
    It can be disheartening to those that are still leveling that the cap is constantly going up and the top level is not achievable to the average player (or in this case roughly 90% of the player base).

I get me being one of those people that are vr10 im bored now and ive only been vr10 for week. There's not really any end game content until now.
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AFAIK, overland content is geared towards groups of 4 and not instanced, only delves and dungeons are. Under that premise, wouldn't a full 12 man group of VR1 be able to tackle said content? Or are there any other restrictions in place?
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MTS wrote: »

Bringing the time to 11pm-2am EST which means Oh its bed time. Because you need to wake up at 8am, Just like the ZOS employees wake up at 8am. Because they dont want to wake up at 2-3am and do maintenance because they need their beauty sleep. So they would rather inconveience the entire population of ESO so that they dont have to get their sorry butts up until 8am and have a normal working mans schedule.

You understand the concept of time zones right?
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • ckf12b14_ESO
    ckf12b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    AFAIK, overland content is geared towards groups of 4 and not instanced, only delves and dungeons are. Under that premise, wouldn't a full 12 man group of VR1 be able to tackle said content? Or are there any other restrictions in place?

No.
    The entire overland zone itself is 4 man.
    The TRIALS are 12 man.

All the enemies are scaled up to VR12 I think, so even VR10's are at a 2 level disadvantage.

The trials are meant to be difficult. If you look at some of the videos of the trial bosses from PTR, you can see the HP. The wizard boss is rocking 1million hp.
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No.
    The TRIALS are 12 man.

All the enemies are scaled up to VR12 I think, so even VR10's are at a 2 level disadvantage.

The trials are meant to be difficult. If you look at some of the videos of the trial bosses from PTR, you can see the HP. The wizard boss is rocking 1million hp.

Well, yes. I'm not talking about Trials or any other instanced content, just overland content. For reference (taken from Craglorn AuA):

Are Adventure Zones instanced to your group? - Magnussen

An Adventure Zone is a large area where you can explore and meet other groups along the way. The overland terrain isn’t instanced. However, much of the content you’ll find in Craglorn, like delves and points of interest, are instanced for your group.

So raiding the overland content may be an option at lower VR.
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • ckf12b14_ESO
    ckf12b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

No.
    The TRIALS are 12 man.

Well, yes. I'm not talking about Trials or any other instanced content, just overland content. For reference (taken from Craglorn AuA):

Are Adventure Zones instanced to your group? - Magnussen

An Adventure Zone is a large area where you can explore and meet other groups along the way. The overland terrain isn’t instanced. However, much of the content you’ll find in Craglorn, like delves and points of interest, are instanced for your group.

So raiding the overland content may be an option at lower VR.

Possibly. The mobs are still scaled to Vr12. I don't know about you, but if I tried taking on VR10 mobs at Vr1, I'd have gotten wiped, haha.
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suppose I'll just start up an craglorn expedition and hope it doesn't end up to be a punitive one. It's just that should all quests end in instances eventually, it's a rather pointless endeavor, even when doable.
  • Ciedoc
    Ciedoc
    ✭✭✭
    Yea I am kind of scared of the new area. Sure you can go in at VR 1 but the content is tuned for VR 10. Got guild mates that are like Yes we can get 12 of us together and just go zerg and pwn it all...its going to be great. Umm you do realize its VR 10 content. Na we can go in at VR1...yea but the mobs / content is tuned for VR 10. Oh but with 12 of us we can just zerg it. Hmmm I don't think 12 VR2's to VR6's are going to do as well as you thing. Yea but we are awesome! I foresee some expensive repair bills in the near future...
  • eduardo_goncalveseb17_ESO
    I am vr10 but i dont give a crap about claghorn or any group forced content.

First time i see a game forcing players to team up in order to level up to an higher rank, and i have been playing mmos since they were invented.

The only thing claghorn is bringing is rising my reasons to cancel the subscription.

Then you should go play single player games because group content is was mmorpg's are suppose to be about.

Negative. MMORPG <> Having to team up to play it.

somewhere down the road you got the wrong idea of what a MMORPG is..

WOW too much quiaff?
  • WhimsyDragon
    WhimsyDragon
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a bit disappointed that the level has already increased given I'm slowwwly making my way through VR2 and 10 already seemed years away O_o So nope, not prepared.
    Edited by WhimsyDragon on 22 May 2014 20:23
  • GreasedLizard
    GreasedLizard
    ✭✭✭
    I dunno. I went to VR5 content (Rift) as soon as I got to Ebonheart Pact as a newbie VR1 Nightblade. Fine for smaller group play. Gear got *** by XP gains though, hope they fix that crap.
    Edited by GreasedLizard on 22 May 2014 20:30
  • Thalmar
    Thalmar
    ✭✭✭
    I have the slightest interest in the content which will increase and favor the elitist attitude and community in games which is the plague of MMOs. It was so unnecessary while game full of bots, bugs and class balance issues, in the next coming weeks the compalints about balance bacuse of the Craglorn will make more harm than good.
  • vicNBitis
    vicNBitis
    ✭✭✭
    WOW too much quiaff?

I don't know what this means but I still gave you an 'LOL' because that's what I did.
  • vicNBitis
    vicNBitis
    ✭✭✭
    Oh wow. "Quiaff" is in the urban dictionary and it's not nearly as funny as I imagined. Temped to take back my 'LOL'.

My first response was 'any quiaff is too much quiaff" but thought it might be too bawdy. Glad I didn't go with it.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slantasiam wrote: »
    there are more v10s then you think probably have 50 or more in one of the guilds im in
    Yes guess many VR10 is either leveling alts, the rest is killing me in Cyrodil.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Derelict
    Derelict
    Soul Shriven
    There were already VR12s in Cyridil last night in AD. I was killed by 3. The update hadn't even been up for 12 hours. I must be doing something extremely inefficiently if people can level from VR10-12 in hours. I've been at 4 for over a week.
  • BulbousMeathead
    BulbousMeathead
    ✭✭✭
    Derelict wrote: »
    There were already VR12s in Cyridil last night in AD. I was killed by 3. The update hadn't even been up for 12 hours. I must be doing something extremely inefficiently if people can level from VR10-12 in hours. I've been at 4 for over a week.
    Gosh - that didn't take long at all. (I'm still stuck on VR2, but at least I have progressed a bit since I started this thread :-) )
  • Empu
    Empu
    ✭✭
    Got a VR10 DK, but been busy leveling my Nightblade alt that i'm loving at the moment, not worried about getting to Craglorn for now... i'm giving it a week or two for ZMax to weed out any potential bugs.
  • bogurb16_ESO
    Still at vet 1 struggeling with Molag Bal....