Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Do you want others to appreciate how bad your class has been nerfed?

Ser Lobo
Ser Lobo
✭✭✭✭✭
I wouldn't suggest coming to the forums and posting in general discussion. Contrary to popularly held opinion, not everyone was a DragonKnight. Many players chose to play the more controversial classes.

Each time a dragonknight posts their frustration at being hard pressed against three veteran mobs at a time? A Nightblade laughs. Every time a DK threatens to quit because he can't kill and tank at the same time? A Templar is born.

Public support for these nerfs seems fairly strong, at least from those who were envious of the DK fame.

Don't worry, Sorcerers. Vampires, bash and talons have been 'corrected'. Don't think they don't know your bolt escape exists, or that they aren't watching your AOE-speed-mob-killing metrics closely. Mwahahaha!!!
Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main is a Dragonknight (although I play characters with all classes), and you won't see me crying about DK nerfs.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • stevenpotter321b14_ESO
    Ur-Quan wrote: »
    My main is a Dragonknight (although I play characters with all classes), and you won't see me crying about DK nerfs.
    A mans man. Must nerf harder next time.
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

'Thank you sir may I have another!'
    Edited by Ser Lobo on 23 May 2014 04:56

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It only went from Monkey Mode to Easy Mode.
    People keep telling me they're gonna buy me an ale. They never do.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

Help make this compilation complete!
    Compilation of Ideas and Suggestions
  • Covyn
    Covyn
    ✭✭✭
    I main as a DK, and there is no question the class is overpowered. What they changed barely impacted anything.....what they said they fixed, and didn't is complete *** within the rest of the game.
    Gyxx (VR1) Templar
    Quidd (VR5) Nightblade
    Kadzien (15) Sorc
    Covyn (VR12) DragonKnight (now spends his days crafting)
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I totally just read that as "nerf herder", which made me surprised that you didn't call me scruffy-looking.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • ImaginaryDimension
    ImaginaryDimension
    ✭✭✭
    Zenimax will nerf all the things!

Don't worry guys, your nerfs are incoming and watch when they all take to the forums how Aedric Spear costs 50% more magika or bolt escape has a 3 second cooldown.

Just wait and see, Cyrodiil is mostly zerg v zerg which means aoe trumps all, sinse Zenimax are nerfing all the aoe, guess we should all role a nightblade.
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't worry guys, your nerfs are incoming and watch when they all take to the forums how Aedric Spear costs 50% more magika or bolt escape has a 3 second cooldown.

Just wait and see, Cyrodiil is mostly zerg v zerg which means aoe trumps all, sinse Zenimax are nerfing all the aoe, guess we should all role a nightblade.

They are going to be nerfing nightblade's cloak here soon. 2.5 seconds is WAY too long.

XBOX NA

• Liquid_Time
    Liquid_Time
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fail to see the reason for such posts. Can you please explain why the creation of this was needed? ......
    ¸.•¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•`
    Liquid_Time'*-.¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-••¤
    ╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
       IGN: Liquid Past || Rank: V14 || Class: Nightblade || World Skill: Vampire
    ╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fail to see the reason for such posts. Can you please explain why the creation of this was needed? ......

Reasons, sure.

A) Because I wanted to discuss the overarching nature of MMO's, by highlighting how this one day is no different than any other.

B) I like to try to show, as best I can, that life is not over and that other players DO know how you feel.

C) So many players really only think about themselves (this is true in life, too), and I like showing examples and proof that they aren't special and unique, and are one of the rest of us whether they like it or not.

D) I thought something rather relaxing and entertaining would be a good alternative to constant repetition of 'this game sucks because I'm no longer OP'.

And I'm sure the best reasons for me posting this, is because I can, I am allowed to, and wanted to. Didn't feel the need to check with you before I did, but next time I think about posting anything?

Nope. Probably won't then, either ;)

XBOX NA

• Liquid_Time
    Liquid_Time
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Reasons, sure.

A) Because I wanted to discuss the overarching nature of MMO's, by highlighting how this one day is no different than any other.

B) I like to try to show, as best I can, that life is not over and that other players DO know how you feel.

C) So many players really only think about themselves (this is true in life, too), and I like showing examples and proof that they aren't special and unique, and are one of the rest of us whether they like it or not.

D) I thought something rather relaxing and entertaining would be a good alternative to constant repetition of 'this game sucks because I'm no longer OP'.

And I'm sure the best reasons for me posting this, is because I can, I am allowed to, and wanted to. Didn't feel the need to check with you before I did, but next time I think about posting anything?

Nope. Probably won't then, either ;)

Well it does appear my post come off a bit rude, so I will take that. However.. are you receiving any feedback related to the OP that is constructive? If you are good, but if not.. Maybe I was correct on my original post...?
    ¸.•¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•`
  • khati
    khati
    Soul Shriven

They are going to be nerfing nightblade's cloak here soon. 2.5 seconds is WAY too long.

don't need too - it literally doesn't work 50% of the time.
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Don't worry, Sorcerers.

Problem Sorcs have is there is so little build diversity. Unlike DKs, which have nothing but good skills (except Inhale which is bad now) Sorcs have literally 8 (maybe 7) useless skills out of the 18 skills we all get. If you include passives, that goes up even more since the Daedric Summoning line has only 1 good passive.

Summon Familiar
    Bound Armor
    Summon Twilight
    Daedric Mines
    Rune Prison
    Lightning Pool
    Conjured Ward
    and Overload (not quite as bad but still not worth slotting in 99% of cases.)

Each of those is trash. 3 of the 4 Daedric Summoning passives are useless because Daedric Summoning is useless (Power Stone is still good.)

I totally agree that Templars need a buff. In fact I just made a big long thread about it. NBs do not need a buff. They just need skill fixes. The fact that they are getting a buff is kinda nuts because they're going to be OP like crazy after 1.2.

DKs still need a few tweaks to bring them down to the level of the other classes. Reflective Scales and Green Dragon's Blood in particular.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Evergreen
    Evergreen
    ✭✭✭

And make the class even weaker and more broken than it is? I don't think Zenimax would be that inane.
    Edited by Evergreen on 23 May 2014 21:52
  • Salsadoom
    Salsadoom
    ✭✭✭
    Hey if everything is nerfed then everything is balanced!

I heard they were taking away all current skill lines and every character will be stripped to nothing but underclothes. All weapons and armor will be unusable until the character has gotten to lvl 50 in unarmed combat (note unarmed strike will be implemented in 2-3 weeks). Furthermore all chests will require 4 different characters to unlock.

In addition there will be 20 new achievements to reflect the changes.
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Salsadoom wrote: »

I heard they were taking away all current skill lines and every character will be stripped to nothing but underclothes. All weapons and armor will be unusable until the character has gotten to lvl 50 in unarmed combat (note unarmed strike will be implemented in 2-3 weeks). Furthermore all chests will require 4 different characters to unlock.

In addition there will be 20 new achievements to reflect the changes.

I heard they were rebuilding the classes entirely so that there are now only 9 classes and no extra skills. Three of those classes will be crafters, and one will be ... wait for it ...

Jedi.

XBOX NA

• jkbennettb14a_ESO
    jkbennettb14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Salsadoom wrote: »

Sadly, that is where this train ride ends. You do realize that right? Seen it happen too many times to think it wont happen again here as well.
    Edited by jkbennettb14a_ESO on 23 May 2014 22:06
    On Class Balance
    The real dilemma is that; Powdered doughnuts are overpowdered, the chocolate doughnuts are too chocolaty, and the coconut crunch doughnuts have more coconut than all other doughnuts. This is OUTRAGEOUSLY unfair to other doughnuts!

So from now on, all you special snowflakes get is nasty plain doughnuts...enjoy!
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    khati wrote: »
    don't need too - it literally doesn't work 50% of the time.

Shhhhh .... don't tell them that, they will nerf the 50% that does work.

I keep thinking i'l log into my NB one day and it will be naked and dual wielding 2 sticks.
  • Liquid_Time
    Liquid_Time
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @rawne1980b16_ESO
    One stick will still be broken. :wink:
    ¸.•¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•`
  • patrykplawskib16_ESO
    To be honest DK's are not Under powered, just cause you use bash all the time as a DPS method was incorrect, now you know how NB's felt Templar's and sorc doing vr3+ content and the fact that they "unexpectedly" increased mobs damages and health due to there stupidity is just gonna even make it a more harder time for those 3 other classes as to a DK where it has more survivability I mean you have green dragon blood use it and than you start feeling like a vr5 doing vr3 content quit fun and the best way I found is use a bow or resto or destro staff and stay away from mobs. Now don't get me wrong i'm a vr2 DK to and i to also loved and used bash with all my desire to do so but now i am accustoming my self to a proper build that should have been done weeks ago and same thing goes for you sir, I mean you really thought they would not nerf it ?? its a shield a flat surface banging a person not a weapon that's sharp. Considering a DK has so much DoT's its not even funny, why not use em in pvp like unstable flame very VERY! OP. Also Molten whip great move you can do 1100 damage if you use it in sneak mdoe on someone and it increases fire damage by a certain amount of a few seconds great way to stack it to unstable flame and use a fire enchant on weapon really gruesome. I'm sure in time there will be that OP DK build that will starburts with vast amount of popularity and all DK's will use it and will see pvp and pve whiner's whine once more again or heck vise versa with other classes this game is very unstable, a janga game where if one thing falls apart so does everything else and for 15$ it's really total bullsh!t.
    Edited by patrykplawskib16_ESO on 24 May 2014 00:04
    Dunmer Master Race
  • vicNBitis
    vicNBitis
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry but Talons has not been "corrected".

And they aren't watching a damned thing. If they were farming spots like Hectahame Grotto wouldn't exist after all these months. AOE metrics. Bwahaha.
  • pknecron
    pknecron
    ✭✭✭
    What I don't understand is that everyone seems to think Shield Bash is a DK only skill? Anyone can use 1h and shield.
  • PVT_Parts
    PVT_Parts
    ✭✭✭
    There was no DK nerf. There was a shield nerf, but not a DK nerf.
  • etherin77
    etherin77
    ✭✭✭
    In the grand scheme of things all know it comes down to every class crying that they where nerfed and that the other class is OP
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Got to wonder what game some people here play. My DK is my 3rd VR character (Sorc, Templar then DK.)

There is absolutely no question in my mind that it's the most powerful of the 3. If anything, I thought he was hitting harder after the patch,

But then, I've never been a spam basher.

And the Talons range nerf? Hardly noticeable.
  • Dayv
    Dayv
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to see anyone nerfed at the moment. I want to see all abilities made to work as stated or at least made to state as they work. When this has been done, it may be time to rebalance things, but there are so many other things need fixing first. Swinging the nerfbat round every week is only going to muddy the waters with the delicate task of class-balancing.
  • Slantasiam
    Slantasiam
    ✭✭✭
    you could hand everyone a dagger entering pvp and that's all you get and there would still be crying about something....