Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Are there any benefits to using shield over 2-handed or dual?

txfeinbergsub17_ESO
Serious question here and not just a nerf rant. I play a sorcerer that mainly PVE's. Since the latest patch, I can no longer rely on shield bash to get my out of bad situations. Now I just die. No, I am not the best player in the world.

Would it be better to switch to a 2 handed weapon, or dual weapons since the shield bash doesn't really do any damage anymore and since you can block and interrupt with all other weapon types as well. What is the point of the shield? Thanks!
  • niocwy
    niocwy
    ✭✭✭
    Blocking with shield (and shield passive) is more effective that without a shield.

Aside from that...why not both DW/S&S or 2H/S&S ? you have 2 skill bar.

Also, there 'may' be a problem with veteran mobs, so I don't know your level but it may add some bias to the S&S effectiveness.
    Look at my profile picture. Visualize that muffin...smelling it...taking a bite...
    Are you hungry now ?
    Good.
  • txfeinbergsub17_ESO
    I am level 37 so not into VT ranks yet. Right now I am just using one skill bar, but guess I am going to need to start using another now. Thanks for the legitimate feedback.