Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Still no free respec :(

Edlyn
Edlyn
I'm new to this game and I really hoped they would offer a free respec with this patch.

Not everyone is an experienced MMO player so new players are still experimenting and trying to get used to this game.

Also I'm a casual player so why not offering a free respec at least every 25 levels. I only subscribed for a month to see if things change... but to be honest... I'm very disappointed.

Edited by Edlyn on 23 May 2014 19:28
  • Tendeep
    Tendeep
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to see this as well, especially since it will take a while to fix the harm they did in this patch.
  • Nukeyak
    Nukeyak
    ✭✭
    MMOs are always buffing and nerfing skills to try and get a better balance. Do you really feel the changes are so monumental that free respecs are merited?
  • Edlyn
    Edlyn
    For me personally it's not about the changes... it's about learning a new game and it's mechanics.

Of course I made mistakes spending points because I was not familiar yet with everything and also sometimes misled by the skill descriptions.

Is it really too much to ask for a free respec at least half way through? Since everything is so expensive in this game I did not have the opportunity to save lots of money, I spent everything on backpack/ bank upgrades/repairs and as a casual player I don't spent hours and hours farming... which I don't like anyway.

I saw so many threads on the forum about free respecs and I'm really surprised they didn't include one in this patch. At least other MMO's offer a free respec after major patches.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A one time free respec for every character is a good idea.

They shouldn't however offer free respects for patches because this only goes to favour the flavour of the month players who should (I guess in my personal opinion) have to pay for their want to keep up with the latest OP/broken builds.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • SirJesto
    SirJesto
    ✭✭✭
    Instead of your title being "Still no free respec" could you change it to "Could we please have a free respec?"
  • seaef
    seaef
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    A one time free respec for every character is a good idea.

That's the problem. You do it once and every time these little freaks get a hangnail, they'll demand another respec.
    "The Illuminati are very achievement focused. It's like Xbox - only everything is hardcore."
    - Kirsten Geary
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With 300+ skill points available, the only reason you could possibly need a free respec would be if you "messed up" multiple morphs.

Edit: And this is coming from another "casual". I don't need my hand held. If I really, truly believe that I need to change my build, I will save up the gold.
    Edited by nerevarine1138 on 23 May 2014 14:56
    ----
    Murray?
  • Spryt
    Spryt
    ✭✭
    It would be enough if they just refunded more skill points to the abilites they fix/change. They did it with a few like the shield bash and stuff.

I play templar and respec away from the ability that regens magica beacuse it gave so little it was bascially pointless. Now they seam to have adjusted it. Would be nice to get that point back so you can try it out.
    Edited by Spryt on 23 May 2014 14:57
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spryt wrote: »
    It would be enough if they just refunded more skill points to the abilites they fix/change. They did it with a few like the shield bash and stuff.

I play templar and respec away from the ability that regens magica beacuse it gave so little it was bascially pointless. Now they seam to have adjusted it. Would be nice to get that point back so you can try it out.

This goes towards my point of people who aim for FOTM builds though (not saying you are/were) players will take something because it's awesome or OP but when it gets changed and bought in line with other skills they suddenly don't want it any more, giving the chance to freely move SP out of this just caters to those trying to keep up with the best FOTM or OP skills.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no reason to offer a free respect in total. However, they are also very narrow minded when it comes to returning skill points of skills they changed and with that I find an issue. Any time they change a skill in a negative manner, even if slight, the skill point should be returned.

Funny how when I asked for a return of the skill points for Mist Form they said they were not able to return points on specific skills yet with this patch they did just that with some passives/skills. Very inconsistent or more of a matter of when it suits them.