Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Nightblade Devasted in Latest Patch 3 Skills Destroyed

Evergreen
Evergreen
✭✭✭
For some reason the Nightblade had three of its skills nerfed into the ground latest patch instead of the fixing and buffing the class desperately needs. It is just beyond words why Nightblade had three hardcore nerfs. Deathstroke, Shades, and a stealth nerf on Soul Tether.

Post on Shades Nerf
Group of 3 Mobs I could put the Shades on 1/3 and deal with 1/3 if the Shades aggro-ed all 3. Which ever one I hit turned to me.

Now the Shades go in and (you said you increased but I don't see a big change) and ALL 3/3 mobs turn to me as soon as I come out of sneak/stealth.

If you're going to blindside nerf abilities TELL YOUR PLAYERS IN PATCH NOTES, please.

Shades are no longer worth me sending in to groups of Mobs to stay alive. You've basically told me "3 mobs = group content only".

Post on Soul Tether nerf
Vuron wrote: »
So there was a change in this patch to Death Stroke... whatever.

No mention in the patch notes about Soul Tether, though. After the patch, I'm getting no sneak bonus and no crit bonus when using it. I'm getting the same 500 damage whether I'm face tanking the mob or I use it from stealth behind the mob. Before the patch, I was doing around 2400 from stealth and behind. Nothing like losing 1900 damage right off the bat.

Bend over Nightblades, we have another patch coming real soon.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't use Death Stroke, but I'm having no trouble taking out 3 mobs at a time. Maybe start using Cloak more?
    ----
    Murray?
  • Kewljag_66_ESO
    Kewljag_66_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Death Stroke was never intended to be a sneak attack opener / I win button. thats is vielled strike and teleport strikes job. Save Death stroke for when teh traget has more life than you so it knocks them down for 4 seconds, it is a fight changer.

With that said, my NB is better after this patch. I can stealth after a player kill now, my DW got a slight damage increase, and my huntingtons rage set got a big weapon damage bonus up to 18%.

They also adressed NBs with its own thread at the top of this catagory listing fixes they are working on
    Edited by Kewljag_66_ESO on 22 May 2014 23:23
  • Evergreen
    Evergreen
    ✭✭✭
    I don't use Death Stroke, but I'm having no trouble taking out 3 mobs at a time. Maybe start using Cloak more?

Cloak was more useful for me at lower levels but I'm in VR 6 level content which makes those times when I am glitched out of cloak unable to reposition and being surrounded mean a likely death.

Just today was posted information about the problems with Dark Cloak. Dark Cloak (Shadow Cloak morph): Dark Cloak is not currently removing damage-over-time (DoT) debuffs as it should be. We’re currently investigating this issue to determine which DoTs are not being removed by Dark Cloak.

That's fine at least Zenimax acknowledges the problem planning a fix but there are also those mobs which chase after you despite vanishing. Also Cloak I found out in VR 5+ content is completely useless against certain CC immune AoE spamming mobs like 15K hit point Storm Atronachs which you have to defeat in order to complete the quest Storm Calling.
  • Evergreen
    Evergreen
    ✭✭✭
    Death Stroke was never intended to be a sneak attack opener / I win button. Save Death stroke for when teh traget has more life than you so it knocks them down for 4 seconds, it is a fight changer.

I understand why they nerfed Death Sroke but Nightblade is hurting so much I don't get how a nerf is justified before fixing or buffing our class first.

The nerfs are done though and I accept it. Since Nightblade got hard nerfed last patch, I really hope they take a look at balancing the Dragon Knight next for nerfs and leave us alone for a while. Nightblades need buffing and fixing instead of more nerfs.