Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

You're going to change what my rotation was based off of, but not offer a free respec??

• Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Archaon wrote: »
    When SWTOR does a balance change, they reset all skill points and you have to select them again. Honestly, ZOS should do the exact same thing. The problem is that they are not learning from the games that came before them.

Path of Exile does it (or used to) with every major patch.

Thats in a game where you cant even respecc fully unless you spend a zillion hours farming/buying the required stones (1 for each point to reset).

I actually liked how Asheron's Call 2 did it.

You spend a point to get an ability and you level it by gaining XP and applying it to that ability.

If you want to unlearn it, you have to talk to an NPC and grind out as much XP as you put into it to fully unlearn it, or pay that guy a boatload of pyreal(coin).
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think its a very crafty way to force a massive gold sink into the economy. Very wrong... but very crafty !

:(
    High Elf Sorcerer VR12 - Destro / Resto Staff
    I'm a werewolf. If you vamps don't like it.... Bite me !
    We're not retreating... we're advancing in a different direction !
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phantax wrote: »
    I think its a very crafty way to force a massive gold sink into the economy. Very wrong... but very crafty !

:(

Massive gold sinks like this wouldn't be need if they would step it up, bite the bullet, and drop the coin to do whatever needs to be done to fix the bot situation. But that's another thread....

• kurrinni
    kurrinni
    Soul Shriven
    having played eq etc from about 99 all I can say is nerfing people sucks big time, thankfully this one is only after 2 months not after spending a year or more of your time on something you pay for to have some xxxx rip it out from under you (eventually led me to ditch eq pvp), on this game without offering a free respect(due to the obsurd price) its a joke, (btw I think someone on this forum is a zos plant ^) , and wtf is up with a 3 gig patch, it said maintenance, I get one week of R&R after 4 weeks away and you ditch me a patch(that starts at 8pm as usual) and that downloads at a whopping <100kbps hooray, upgraded to imperial during "maintenance" might get to see it before I go back to work, unless there's a patch fixing patch
  • zoetaz1616
    zoetaz1616
    ✭✭
    Munku wrote: »
    My nightblade stole his sweetroll.

My sweetroll brings all the boys to the yard...

• Ohioastro
    Ohioastro
    ✭✭✭✭
    When you respec, do you lose the experience gained in a morphed skill? And experience in a skill? That would be a very, very good reason to not want skill point refunds.
  • Orizuru
    Orizuru
    ✭✭✭
    Ohioastro wrote: »
    When you respec, do you lose the experience gained in a morphed skill? And experience in a skill? That would be a very, very good reason to not want skill point refunds.

Negative. They retain all earned ranks and xp toward the next rank.

However, I'm not sure what happens in your were rank 4 in a morph and then respec and choose the other morph.
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't lose the experience and you can reselect any skills/morphs that you have earned.
  • Xenrae
    Xenrae
    ✭✭
    Tank. Shield doesn't nothing but interrupt now. I need to completely rebuild my character now, because there's nothing left to buy for an offensive skill.

No, I don't have the gold.

Zeni owes every player a respec for no other reason than they've been paying to beta test for a month.

• kurrinni
    kurrinni
    Soul Shriven
    downloaded a 131 mb eq2 patch (only time ive logged in in the past month) in less than 5 mins so don't say the problems at my end, up to 15 % on yours in 4 hours yay thanks heaps, next time do us a favour and and release the game when its ready plz