Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

You're going to change what my rotation was based off of, but not offer a free respec??

ubapook
ubapook
Soul Shriven
Zenimax how can you change the spells/skills my spec, rotation, and combat was based off of and then not offer a free respec? Seriously? The zone chat is filled with players who are extremely aggravated. If you're going to change the game, at least give us a chance to change with it…
  • Insignia91
    Insignia91
    ✭✭✭
    Let me guess, someone stole your sweet roll?
  • Millitum
    Millitum
    ✭✭
    Man, I hate when people steal my sweet roll.
  • Liquid_Time
    Liquid_Time
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this... Vamps felt this pain. Now shall everyone else.. muahahah!
    ¸.•¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•`
    Liquid_Time'*-.¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-••¤
    ╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
       IGN: Liquid Past || Rank: V14 || Class: Nightblade || World Skill: Vampire
    ╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm surprised that it took this long for a thread to pop up. That said, DK's should get a respec after all the changes :smiley:
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's laughable but not unexpected from ZOS.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • ubapook
    ubapook
    Soul Shriven
    honestly though, this is a terrible way to just throw in game changes. I used to be able to be a tank as I leveled, and they pretty much have discouraged anyone from doing that. For what i hear, people who leveled as healers now need to respec ASAP and don't have the gold for it
  • Munku
    Munku
    ✭✭✭
    My nightblade stole his sweetroll.
  • Millitum
    Millitum
    ✭✭
    While I find the respect fee, to be absolutely absurd, it is simply part of the game. And frankly, what else are we going to do with gold? Buy horses?

This is another case of overcome and adapt. The game is still young, and I see many changes to class mechanics coming in the coming year. So I would simply accept this, and move forward.
  • Liquid_Time
    Liquid_Time
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I almost feel bad for lol'ing this much.

Give it some time and see how the others feel that are still downloading the patch/update :smile:
    Edited by Liquid_Time on 22 May 2014 19:50
    ¸.•¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•`
  • RianaTheBosmer
    RianaTheBosmer
    ✭✭✭
    When SWTOR does a balance change, they reset all skill points and you have to select them again. Honestly, ZOS should do the exact same thing. The problem is that they are not learning from the games that came before them.
    Edited by RianaTheBosmer on 22 May 2014 19:51
  • Milanna
    Milanna
    ✭✭✭
    I like this... Vamps felt this pain. Now shall everyone else.. muahahah!

I thought that was pretty much everyone :smile:
    EU-server
    Mila the True (Aldmeri Dominion)
    Milanna the Cold-hearted (Aldmeri Dominion)
    Raphael the Cunning (Ebonheart Pact)

NA-server
    Cassius Tanicius (Daggerfall Covenant)

I just found garlic, you blood-suckers better stay clear
  • Emperor
    Emperor
    ✭✭✭✭
    They offer free skill points for certain skills, but not others. I don't understand why they don't just offer the free skill points for all the skills they nerf/change.

@Millitum‌
    This is not simply "part of the game". If they change the mechanics of something they need to offer a way for the players to adapt instead of just making us waste money.
    If you like small group PvP (2-4 players) and solo PvP check out my video ;)https://youtube.com/watch?v=jechGImtFio

SPOILER: The first 40 seconds of the video contains a scene from the final Molag Bal boss fight!

• ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When SWTOR does a balance change, they reset all skill points and you have to select them again. Honestly, ZOS should do the exact same thing. The problem is that they are not learning from the games that came before them.

It's the right thing to do for your customers. I agree!
  • RubyTigress
    RubyTigress
    ✭✭✭
    Got to agree (and I don't even have a DK). When you do a major shift/fix on an entire class, Zos, you should allow a free respec.
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give it some time and see how the others feel that are still downloading the patch/update :smile:

Yes, this has the potential to become a very long thread
  • ubapook
    ubapook
    Soul Shriven
    I'm hoping they will read this threat and do something. I would almost rather make a new character now and start fresh
  • Akhratos
    Akhratos
    ✭✭✭✭

Path of Exile does it (or used to) with every major patch.

Thats in a game where you cant even respecc fully unless you spend a zillion hours farming/buying the required stones (1 for each point to reset).
    Edited by Akhratos on 22 May 2014 19:55
  • Liquid_Time
    Liquid_Time
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree it is very frustrating, but they made big changes to a world skill and did not refund. I have little hope that this will be any different. IMO of course
    ¸.•¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•`
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Long and angry.
  • alphawolph
    alphawolph
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe they didn't. What the heck do you like angering your customers?
  • Orizuru
    Orizuru
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's obvious they want us to all reroll Sorcerors. I can live with the nerfs, most of them were needed, but I think they swung the bat a little too hard. It would have been nice to get the 4-6 points out of the abilities I will be removing from my toolbars without having to spend most of my gold on a respec.

• alphawolph
    alphawolph
    ✭✭✭

I've never played a game that didn't. Well till now...
  • Insignia91
    Insignia91
    ✭✭✭
    NiRN wrote: »

Long and angry.
    Just like my... nevermind ;)
  • Elember
    Elember
    ✭✭✭

Yes, it is obvious that Zenimax has very little experience when it comes to situations where they should have a skill point reset. Hopefully over time they will begin to understand how important something like this is to promote them as actually caring about their own game and the people who pay them to play it.

• Millitum
    Millitum
    ✭✭
    All valid points, however, it still stands that whether or not ZOS gives you a hand adapting to new class mechanics, you have to take the initiative and do it.

I can only imagine if there was this much grief in my department when they change the SOP/SOG's. Not even our Union would put up with us.

While I can understand you wanting to hold ZOS accountable for their change, and you have every right to do so, sitting around and complaining about it changes nothing. Start getting back into the game, suck it up and move forward.
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insignia91 wrote: »
    NiRN wrote: »

Long and angry.
    Just like my... nevermind ;)
    When I was typing it I was thinking someone would answer back like this. LOL!
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

WoW does this when they do major fixes.

Even if it's only one class.

EQ2's done this before too. Annoying to respend all 300+ AA points. :(
  • Karizza
    Karizza
    As a V3 Templar solo combat is almost not even doable. With out a full respect I am not sure if the class can be saved except as a group healer. Sword/shield is now terrible, biting jabs is awful, dual wield was already too weak at my VR3 rank. Blocking almost does not stop any damage. Currently I can not kill two V2 mobs outside the dungeon. This patch should be rolled back and the game tested more. I have 18 days on my sub. I cancelled my sub and will not re-sub unless this is fixed, cancelled or delayed. Game not playable for my class any longer solo.
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ubapook wrote: »
    honestly though, this is a terrible way to just throw in game changes. I used to be able to be a tank as I leveled, and they pretty much have discouraged anyone from doing that. For what i hear, people who leveled as healers now need to respec ASAP and don't have the gold for it

Main healer here - nonesense. There is no need to respec.