Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

a possibly revolutionary thought that would destroy the Bot problem.

bcasner
bcasner
I was reflecting on how the bots have destroyed my fun in ESO, and yesterday I encountered Bots below the ground harvesting nodes before I could get to them. As I contemplated how they are such a pain a thought came to me...

Why not give up the crafting systems completely and substitute a Armor/Weapon/Jewelry reward/bonus system in it's place geared to quest completion?

I'm thinking that the game Dev's might consider drafting up a points system where for different trigger events (Questing, boss events, etc) points could be gained which could then be spent to enhance crafting skills. Just like with arrows now make the raw materials be assumed "to be there", no gathering. Then as skills raise due to questing points you still would have the ability to make whatever you want and the bot problem vanishes in one fell swoop. Kill the money source, put China out of work.

Frankly, the bots are killing the game for me and I'm sure for others too. Right now the Dev's are stamping out a million small sparks, the approach above would kill the problem at the source.

Just a thought, but it would work... Dev's please look this approach over.
  • zhevon
    zhevon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like yet another way of screwing normal users. Oh well you didn't get your mats during the last few point accumulations and you want to gather now too bad you can only get so many. Beside bots are now doing quests.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The idea is technically revolutionary because it's new. It's also terrible. This is one of my favorite crafting systems, and getting rid of it doesn't solve any problems.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Vorkk8383
    Vorkk8383
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for trying to find solutions but a lot of us like crafting. It's an aspect in almost every MMO and we feel proud having made X item for ourselves or for friends. Punishing the players who like crafting is too much of an impact ....Also, the bots are doing quests, etc...It's not all about crafting mats.
  • Eris
    Eris
    ✭✭✭✭
    The revolutionary solution would be for the gold buyers to stop buying. I doubt this would ever happen.
    Side effects of reading messages on forums can cause nausea, head aches, spontaneous fits of rage, urination due to intense laughter, and sometimes the death of your monitor or other object in throwing range. If you find that you are reading forums more than 24 hours a day, please consult your nearest temporal physicist.
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A real revolutionary solution would be for gaming companies to work together to develop a system to track currency transfers in games and develop steps to identify both bots and holding mules. Once the possible bots and mules are found, prevent them from transferring any sort of material or currency out until their legitimacy status can be determined.

I doubt that any single gaming company has the resources to pull this sort of stuff off, which is why I suggest that they actually work together on something that is affecting all of them. Which is also why this will never actually happen.
  • Tannakaobi
    Tannakaobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have another idea, lets remove combat from the game. That way the bots won't be able to level up using combat! o:)