Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What do you think update 44 contains?

MrCray78
MrCray78
✭✭✭✭
I expect please Update 44 Contain :
◾PVP Battleground update,
◾Infinite Archive update,
◾Two Companions including one shardborn dremora customizable like scribing and One necromancer,
◾Class skill skin lootable in the archive,
◾finalization of the hybridization system
◾addition of two scribing skills (one in the support skill tree lootable in BG and one in psijic order lootable in the archive).

And you what did you expect 😊
Edited by MrCray78 on 10 September 2024 10:20
PC EU PvE CP1500(Play from Beta 12/02/2014) : @MrCray78

Silver Diamand-Rouge(Main) : Stamblade 114K Dummy
Silver The Liberator : StamArcanist for HUGE DPSSSSSSS 121K Dummy
6 Other Class Character but didnt used them.
  • Kisakee
    Kisakee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My hopes are:
    - PvE and PvP being separated to 100%
    - IA bug fixes
    - more Scribing stuff
    - more companions with more passive perks that i can profit from (hopefully criminal activites)
    I'm but a sarcastic beef jerky. Irony and cynicism are my parents. You've been warned.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In addition to the PVP battleground and 2 companions, what I want it to contain is a ton more QoL, everything that should have been in 3Q plus the leftovers that they should put in 4Q. Oh, and fewer bugs. Always fewer bugs.

Hope: :smiley:
    Expectation: :disappointed:
    Reality? :cry:
    Edited by Elsonso on 10 September 2024 10:29
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I expect the update to contain the absolute minimum, so nothing more than they announced. Maybe even less :D

- some ominous PvP "feature"
    - 2 companions
    - maybe a few tiny bug fixes
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    I expect the update to contain the absolute minimum, so nothing more than they announced. Maybe even less :D

- some ominous PvP "feature"
    - 2 companions
    - maybe a few tiny bug fixes

This is the most likely.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    - PvP update (I think it will be about battlegrounds)
    - 2 companions
    - QoL updates that will be disappointing overall (especially since we lost the Q4 story DLC because ZOS said it would do QoL updates instead)
  • Galeriano2
    Galeriano2
    ✭✭✭✭
    It contains dissapointment for everyone with some expectations higher than bare minimum.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    already announced stuff
    - Battlegrounds feature
    - 2 companions, a necromancer and probably a repeat class. hopefully at least one is altmer, bosmer, orsimer, or nord.

expected extra stuff
    - houses
    - furniture
    - antiquities
    - tribute deck
    - new item sets

events in u44 probably,
    - Legacy of the Bretons celebration.
    - New Life festival.
    - Daedric War celebration or another old dlc event like Murkmire.
    - Whitestrake's Mayhem.

edited to add:

i hope there will be extra Scribing stuff too like a new Grimoire.
    And a few extra scripts or at least for scripts to be compatible with more grimoires like Frost Damage for Trample would be awesome
    Edited by LunaFlora on 10 September 2024 14:07
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • joergino
    joergino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AzuraFan wrote: »
    - 2 companions
    - QoL updates that will be disappointing overall (especially since we lost the Q4 story DLC because ZOS said it would do QoL updates instead)

Unfortunately it's extremely unlikely that there'll be any QoL updates at all until next August. The quarter 3 dungeons were eliminated for bug fixes and QoL updates - which I very much liked as an idea, but looking at the tiny updates we got, even I am disappointed with the implementation.
    The elimination of actual quarter four content was so they could concentrate on putting in a repeatable "system" we could spend the entire year with.

Last year we were given the Infinite Archive for this. :(:(:(
    This year it will most likely be a tiny PvP update nobody really asked for. It's a bad sign that they had to move the next batch of companions to this patch, just so it doesn't look completely vacuous.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    joergino wrote: »
    It's a bad sign that they had to move the next batch of companions to this patch, just so it doesn't look completely vacuous.

There's a different speculation: That the last chapter was originally designed as Q4 dlc and therefore included no companions. Which would also explain the very small map size.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar Jabs buffs.... Copium

Realistically, no clue. Hopefully some buffs for Nightblades and Templars for PvE.
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    It's a bad sign that they had to move the next batch of companions to this patch, just so it doesn't look completely vacuous.

There's a different speculation: That the last chapter was originally designed as Q4 dlc and therefore included no companions. Which would also explain the very small map size.

The map seems small until one has to collect surveys.

Then it doesn't seem so small after all.

Gotta give credit where credit is due, with a smaller map and 14 wayshrines they have managed to make the survey locations significantly less convenient than even N.Elsweyr.

That is impressive.

On topic, I don't really expect much beyond what has already been... hmmm... 'unearthed'.

For the last couple of years I'm content if they don't pull another U35. Anything beyond that is a bonus.
    Edited by ApoAlaia on 10 September 2024 14:45
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The quarter 3 dungeons were eliminated for bug fixes and QoL updates - which I very much liked as an idea, but looking at the tiny updates we got, even I am disappointed with the implementation.
    The elimination of actual quarter four content was so they could concentrate on putting in a repeatable "system" we could spend the entire year with.

Okay, I got that wrong, but I still think there will be a few QoL updates. There usually are in the major quarterly updates. And I think they'll be disappointing overall.

I agree that ZOS hasn't held up its side of the deal, i.e. elimination of DLC for QoL updates. The master crafting tables were good, and maybe a couple of other small ones, but otherwise they've been stuff that benefit ZOS (not players), or that few people asked for. They haven't fixed or improved any of the longstanding grievances (stuck in combat, mounts that can't swim, inventory management, etc.).
  • goboltz
    goboltz
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully a "Fix" for Update 43 ! Runaway lag, freezing in the Archive then takes off. It's a Server thing, All other local processes & Chat function as normal.

Ever since the U42 update, the menu 30 FPS crap and other changes that nobody asked for, the threading of the system and the server itself seem to suffer. Experiment failed, please restore to old specs.

The amount of Money we put into this game & Time played should put a Priority to fixing it ASAP please.

Cleared all caches, rebooted Modem/Router, PC & PS5. so it's Server for sure. Tested Latency & Lag regularly with No issues, other apps & games working fine. Cabled , cable connection , NO Wifi !

Can we Please get some info, what's with the Servers, is there something being done, what can we expect?
    [PS5] [NA] [EP] - "Cheese for Everyone" !
  • Stafford197
    Stafford197
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AzuraFan wrote: »
    - 2 companions

Unfortunately it's extremely unlikely that there'll be any QoL updates at all until next August. The quarter 3 dungeons were eliminated for bug fixes and QoL updates - which I very much liked as an idea, but looking at the tiny updates we got, even I am disappointed with the implementation.

Last year we were given the Infinite Archive for this. :(:(:(
    This year it will most likely be a tiny PvP update nobody really asked for. It's a bad sign that they had to move the next batch of companions to this patch, just so it doesn't look completely vacuous.

This last part you mention is especially important!

They are cutting large quantities of content out of the yearly Chapter (such as Companions), and then launching it later in the year to appear as if there is new content for Q3 and Q4.

Really begs the question of what is happening over there at ZOS and what this means for the future of this game. Are their resources being allocated to the other AAA title? They’ve told us how ESO is super profitable, but how much of that profit was made in 2023?

I’d honestly have a lot more respect for what’s happening if they didnt try so hard to make it appear as if U43 and U44 weren’t zero content updates. At least then they could say “hey, this year will be a bit lighter on content but we will be back on track next year”, as opposed to disguising it as something else.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm thinking a Skeevertron 4000. New weapon that shoots out multiple skeevers at your target. Targets affected receive multiple skeever bites that instantly reduces your health by 50 percent.
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was expecting
    1) Pain
    2) Depression

It didn't disappoint.

But tbh listening the lead pvp designer's "build" gave me a chuckle lol