Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Infinite Archive: Enemies out of reach

Syldras
Syldras
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Since the last update I encountered a new problem twice already: Enemies somehow ending up below the platform the player character lands on. Not sure yet if they spawn on lower levels or somehow fall off the ledge, but either way, it's hard to reach them there; under some circumstances probably even impossible, which would make the map uncompletable.

Did anyone else have the same problem or am I doing something wrong? :D

aqjgeb0l0q1u.png
@Syldras | PC | EU
The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • oldbobdude
    oldbobdude
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh no. That has not happened to me. I’ll admit I would be furious if that happened in a later arc and you couldn’t finish a stage. Furious. I have had a similar thing happen in Black Drake Villa though.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was lucky so far that I could still reach them somehow, but it was a hassle to get the right angle to be able to target them. Almost fell off the platform. Hope ZOS fixes it soon, as it really is an irritating problem especially on later stages!
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had them spawn under the stairs in some of the maps. It's frustrating and killed the run because I couldn't hit it at all.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i havent had this happen but have had enemies spawn in walls or under floors, in those cases ive usually killed the enemy with scorching support

i think the enemies in the lava area can die to the lava if they fall off, but it looks like this one in particular missed the lava lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • runa_gate
    runa_gate
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have indeed had this issue, but prior to the new IA patch, and reported it via /bug with a screenshot - there wasn't even a way to die to reset it
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    runa_gate wrote: »
    I have indeed had this issue, but prior to the new IA patch, and reported it via /bug with a screenshot - there wasn't even a way to die to reset it

if you are solo, the only way i know to get out of the stage without just force closing the game is to invite another player to group and then disband the group or have the other player outside the archive kick you (after you give them the group lead)

this will give you the "removing from instance" timer such as when you get to the end of a group dungeon and the group disbands

if you are already in a group, whoever has the lead can hit the disband group and can get both of you out of the instance

the only other way would be to die taking ravage health potions, but you would have to not have any other healing to counteract those
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

• Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had this with a Winged Twilight the other day. It was under the stairs near the start of stage. It was a decent sized stage where I ran as far away as I could and then it popped out and I could attack it. I am not sure what would have happened if on a cramped stage where you can't put much distance.

Can you P-T-E from IA? Do you lose a thread, even if you are not taking any damage? I've crashed a few times and lost a thread but I was in middle of fighting enemies when I crashed and I assumed they killed me on the server while I was in middle of crashing. I am not sure what would happen if you left while at a standstill where nobody is doing any damage to anyone.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    I had this with a Winged Twilight the other day. It was under the stairs near the start of stage. It was a decent sized stage where I ran as far away as I could and then it popped out and I could attack it. I am not sure what would have happened if on a cramped stage where you can't put much distance.

Can you P-T-E from IA? Do you lose a thread, even if you are not taking any damage? I've crashed a few times and lost a thread but I was in middle of fighting enemies when I crashed and I assumed they killed me on the server while I was in middle of crashing. I am not sure what would happen if you left while at a standstill where nobody is doing any damage to anyone.

you cant PTE while in combat anymore

if you DC, it could be possible you would live long enough to come back without dying, but if your not present in the arena it will count it as a thread loss

ive actually lost a thread when i was using the doorway back to the archive and while i was interacting with the door my character grazed the ink ring used to start the stage, when i loaded into the main archive area i was informed i lost a thread and was like "huh thats weird" and figured i must have started the stage at the same time i was leaving said stage
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master