Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Am I Seeing the right? New house+ for 800crowns??

kookie
kookie
✭✭
How nice, us housing enthusiasts and crown store complainers got a boon here, Thank you ZoS! https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/66671
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, you get the house AND the 800 crowns for $4.99 USD from the ZOS online store, yes.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That price was quite a pleasant surprise. This is what these houses should cost, not 13k, at least IMO. Excited to see what else they release like this. It had some very thoughtful design.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    One of the best deals I've seem with this game.
  • JemadarofCaerSalis
    JemadarofCaerSalis
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, to clarify (since I am not in game at the moment) Can the house be bought for 800 crowns, or is it only part of that bundle that costs $4.99?
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You get the house and 800 crowns for $4.99
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, to clarify (since I am not in game at the moment) Can the house be bought for 800 crowns, or is it only part of that bundle that costs $4.99?

No. The house is part of the bundle afaik.
  • JemadarofCaerSalis
    JemadarofCaerSalis
    ✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

Thanks, that is what I thought. Sort of disappointed, because I would definitely have bought it for crowns.
  • Silufadumar
    Silufadumar
    ✭✭✭

Thanks, that is what I thought. Sort of disappointed, because I would definitely have bought it for crowns.

Are you kidding, your disappointed that a home which would normally cost upwards of 5000 crowns is available for less than the price to buy 750 crowns !

And you get 800 crowns with it!

I guess there really is no pleasing some people.

I for one thank @zos for this amazing deal.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you kidding, your disappointed that a home which would normally cost upwards of 5000 crowns is available for less than the price to buy 750 crowns !

I for one thank zos for this amazing deal.

If it costs crowns, they would have been able to use their ESO+ crowns without spending any additional money. Not everyone wants to spend additional money on a video game outside of a pre-approved budget.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 6 September 2024 05:58
  • Estin
    Estin
    ✭✭✭✭
    This house is 100% worth it. It's better than most crown exclusive houses. I really do hope that ZOS sells more houses of similar size for a reasonable price. The houses that cost over $100 are complete scams, especially when you factor in their low furnishing count for such a gigantic area.
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I for one thank @zos for this amazing deal.

I don't need extra crowns thank you. I'm currently sitting on over 12 months worth of ESO+ crowns that I'd have liked to have had the option to use on this house. Criticise or not, I know many people spent £4 of irl cash that they otherwise wouldn't have if the house had been a crown purchase (whether bought with ESO+ or gold). Maybe this is the new pricing strat?
  • opalcity
    opalcity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone tell me where this house is so I can preview it please?

The only Auridon houses on my map are Mathiisen Manor and Barbed Hook
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This house, like the Sword-Singers Redoubt before it, had a Furnished version on the PTS.
    It wouldn't make sense that they'd have a furnished version of a house developed if the house wasn't going to be made available outside of a bundle (and for Crowns) at some point.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • Grec1a
      Grec1a
      ✭✭✭
      opalcity wrote: »

On the West coast, just to the west of the Seaside Scarp Camp WB.
      It's a tradition, or an old charter, or something...
    • spartaxoxo
      spartaxoxo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

It's over by the world boss on the coast. But the best way to preview it is probably just use the new housing tour feature. You'll see how someone else furnished it, if you want. But, more than that, when you walk out the door it will mark the location on your map and leave you right outside the front door. So, if you want to preview what you'd be getting, you can just turn around and enter it again. At which point, you'll get the preview version of the home until you buy it.
      Edited by spartaxoxo on 6 September 2024 09:36
    • old_scopie1945
      old_scopie1945
      ✭✭✭✭
      Thanks for the post kookie, I would have missed it otherwise. Also a big thank you to ZOS, as someone who is into housing, I love this little house. A large pat on the back to the Art Department for such a good job for a very attractive house in my favourite zone. It is a great incentive for anyone who is not yet into housing.
    • opalcity
      opalcity
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Grec1a wrote: »

It's over by the world boss on the coast. But the best way to preview it is probably just use the new housing tour feature. You'll see how someone else furnished it, if you want. But, more than that, when you walk out the door it will mark the location on your map and leave you right outside the front door. So, if you want to preview what you'd be getting, you can just turn around and enter it again. At which point, you'll get the preview version of the home until you buy it.

Thanks! Not handy for a wayshrine house, but it does have great views
    • JemadarofCaerSalis
      JemadarofCaerSalis
      ✭✭✭✭

I for one thank zos for this amazing deal.

If it costs crowns, they would have been able to use their ESO+ crowns without spending any additional money. Not everyone wants to spend additional money on a video game outside of a pre-approved budget.

This is exactly what I mean. I have an ESO+ account, and so can't really justify spending more. I am thankful that ZOS did this, but I am still slightly disappointed *I* won't be getting the house.

I am glad that those who *can* spend the money are getting a great deal.

Also, part of the reason I am disappointed is because the house is so gorgeous, it would have definitely been one of the ones I bought
      Edited by JemadarofCaerSalis on 6 September 2024 12:54
    • Ishtarknows
      Ishtarknows
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Grec1a wrote: »

Thanks! Not handy for a wayshrine house, but it does have great views

It's handy for the clothier survey though :P
    • Jenzi
      Jenzi
      ✭✭✭✭
      Just to help people find it easier, you can buy the bundle ( house and 800 crowns ) for £3.99 from the ESO Store here : https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/store
    • robwolf666
      robwolf666
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I saw this place not that long ago and managed to jump into the grounds, but couldn't enter the house. Thought it was part of quest or something I'd missed. Nice little package for £4.
    • cyberjanet
      cyberjanet
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      There are a lot of people who are not allowed to spend money in ESO, due to sanctions and wars. So they can't buy ESO+, they can't buy new chapter, and they certainly can't buy housing bargains.

I play with a few of them, very nice people and certainly not representative of their governments, so I'm very aware of the problem.
      Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
      Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
    • Ilumia
      Ilumia
      ✭✭✭✭
      What a stunning house, that's the kind of style I really like.
      Shame I have 29900 eso+ crowns that aren't useful for this, though I am really glad the price isn't going to milk me harder.
    • I_killed_Vivec
      I_killed_Vivec
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Without commenting on the deal itself (maybe it's worth the cash to some people, to others maybe not), I find it sad that a housing "starter pack":

- Has to be bought with money (not crowns)
      - Gives you an exclusive house not available by other means (this is for a completionist, not a starter)
      - Gives you crowns to buy furniture from the crown store.

If they really want to get people into housing then it should be:

- Available for in-game gold, or crowns at the worst
      - Provide a standard house already available in game
      - Provide basic, "starter", designs and materials
      - Provide skill "boosters" to help people level up skills required to unlock further designs
      - Maybe even provide some skill points that can be allocated to the crafting passives

What they are selling isn't a starter pack, it's a house for cash (the crowns they throw in mean nothing to them, imaginary currency, a loss leader at worst).

• Enemoriana
      Enemoriana
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It's so nice! It cost so little!
      ...and I can't go and buy it from official store, because, well, I can't buy anything there because of my stupid country.
      *sigh*
      When this will end...
      PC EU, @Enemoriana. Ru.
      Houses: Erstwhile Sanctuary as actual Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary, Hunter's Glade as werewolf tavern (downstairs), Strident Springs Demesne as adventurer's house.
      Wishlist: ascension to the ruby throne music box, atronach trader, aetherial well, attunable stations (have 14/80 sets collected), molten war torte and white gold war torte recipes.
    • Lugaldu
      Lugaldu
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Without commenting on the deal itself (maybe it's worth the cash to some people, to others maybe not), I find it sad that a housing "starter pack":

- Gives you an exclusive house not available by other means (this is for a completionist, not a starter)

- Provide skill "boosters" to help people level up skills required to unlock further designs
      - Maybe even provide some skill points that can be allocated to the crafting passives

What they are selling isn't a starter pack, it's a house for cash (the crowns they throw in mean nothing to them, imaginary currency, a loss leader at worst).

I agree with you that it would be better for a "starter" in Housing if they could buy the house in-game for gold.

Other than that, I think this offer is pretty good when you look at the crown prices for other houses. There isn't a single house that you could buy with the minimal crown pack (750 crowns) and here you get the house and more crowns for less money. Also, it doesn't say anywhere that you have to spend the 800 crowns included in the housing shop, you can just as easily spend them on whatever you want in the crown store.
    • Elsonso
      Elsonso
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

It is a revenue generation item sold as a starter pack. It is like the mount pack that they are selling for US$25. From the sound of it, this is a successful strategy and I expect to see more things like it. (Edit: and this will be as inexpensive as it gets, I think)
      Edited by Elsonso on 7 September 2024 12:59
      ESO Plus: No
      PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
      XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
      X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    • Lixiviant
      Lixiviant
      ✭✭✭✭
      Fantastic deal! Love the house, plus got 800 crowns with it.

I wish ZOS would do this more often as I'd take them up on great deals like this.
      PS5 NA/PS5 EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know
    • AzuraFan
      AzuraFan
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Lixiviant wrote: »
      Fantastic deal! Love the house, plus got 800 crowns with it.

I wish ZOS would do this more often as I'd take them up on great deals like this.

Me too. Even though I have a boatload of crowns, paying a few bucks for deals like this means I can use my crowns for stuff that's only available in the crown store (I'm waiting for a few houses to become available again).

• Four_Fingers
      Four_Fingers
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I am not sorry that I couldn't use saved crowns to buy it because they are including 800 crowns.
      You don't buy crowns with crowns.