Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Am I Seeing the right? New house+ for 800crowns??

• TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AzuraFan wrote: »
    Lixiviant wrote: »
    Fantastic deal! Love the house, plus got 800 crowns with it.

I wish ZOS would do this more often as I'd take them up on great deals like this.

Me too. Even though I have a boatload of crowns, paying a few bucks for deals like this means I can use my crowns for stuff that's only available in the crown store (I'm waiting for a few houses to become available again).

Makes three of us! This was a great deal for me, bought it for all 4 accounts. And I still have enough crowns to get the rest of the tickets I need for my new account's onyx indrik on both PC NA and EU!

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • DP99
    DP99
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's $5!

A measly $5!

I didn't even need it, but it's a very nice home for practically nothing! And, I got 800 crowns with it, it's a fantastic deal.

I would never spend the $100 that the other store exclusive homes cost, but just $5 for one sure, no problem!
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without commenting on the deal itself (maybe it's worth the cash to some people, to others maybe not), I find it sad that a housing "starter pack":

- Has to be bought with money (not crowns)
    - Gives you an exclusive house not available by other means (this is for a completionist, not a starter)
    - Gives you crowns to buy furniture from the crown store.

If they really want to get people into housing then it should be:

- Available for in-game gold, or crowns at the worst
    - Provide a standard house already available in game
    - Provide basic, "starter", designs and materials
    - Provide skill "boosters" to help people level up skills required to unlock further designs
    - Maybe even provide some skill points that can be allocated to the crafting passives

What they are selling isn't a starter pack, it's a house for cash (the crowns they throw in mean nothing to them, imaginary currency, a loss leader at worst).

I agree that this is not actually a good introduction to housing, but there already is a housing introduction quest which is entirely in-game and free. It doesn't hand out crafting progress but it also doesn't cost gold or crowns to unlock and as well as giving you a free inn room it introduces you to buying furnishings from merchants for gold or crafting it.

There's also bigger houses in starter zones which can be bought for gold.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DP99 wrote: »
    It's $5!
    A measly $5!
    I didn't even need it, but it's a very nice home for practically nothing! And, I got 800 crowns with it, it's a fantastic deal.
    I would never spend the $100 that the other store exclusive homes cost, but just $5 for one sure, no problem!

I see it as basically 800 crowns (which normally cost more than this offer) plus a free house as an extra. The crowns add to my usual stack (normally from ESO+) that I spend for the occasional houseguest or music box (and originally also for banker, trader, etc - but I have one of each type now); the house will certainly be of use as well.

And yes, certainly ESO does this to get people to spend more money for furniture (and probably also other houses) in the store. I don't see anything wrong about this. They even mention in the lore book inside the house that houses can also be bought with gold, and that there are many different ways to acquire furniture and furniture plans in game by playing or for gold - I think that's really fair, so I see no problem.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • dcrush
    dcrush
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s a good deal, but the pessimist (realist?) in me tells me this may be a strategy to test the waters for selling houses and other items via the web store instead of via the crown store. We may get to a point where (some) new houses or furnishing packs will be exclusively sold via the webstore with slowly increasing prices, as a way to discourage buying crowns with gold. But I could be wrong.
    Edited by dcrush on 8 September 2024 03:03
  • belial5221_ESO
    belial5221_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's replacing the old newcomer pack,and is half the price.It's alot better value ,since more players will use the home than a pet.Also it's a good way to get 800 crowns discounted,since the 750 pack is 8$.Though it's a one time think I think,or else ppl would buy it repeatedly for discounted crowns.
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Grizzbeorn wrote: »
    This house, like the Sword-Singers Redoubt before it, had a Furnished version on the PTS.
    It wouldn't make sense that they'd have a furnished version of a house developed if the house wasn't going to be made available outside of a bundle (and for Crowns) at some point.

Oh, darn, I wish I’d seen the furnished version 🫤
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What they are selling isn't a starter pack, it's a house for cash (the crowns they throw in mean nothing to them, imaginary currency, a loss leader at worst).

Perhaps they should have called it a Cash Spending Starter Pack. For those who wish to move beyond spending gold, endeavors, and crowns for in-game content.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dcrush wrote: »
    It’s a good deal, but the pessimist (realist?) in me tells me this may be a strategy to test the waters for selling houses and other items via the web store instead of via the crown store. We may get to a point where (some) new houses or furnishing packs will be exclusively sold via the webstore with slowly increasing prices, as a way to discourage buying crowns with gold. But I could be wrong.

From that perspective it's a continuation of a trend, not the start.

The first new mount we got after the game was released was sold in the web store, although this was before the crown store existed. (They also sold the Imperial Edition upgrade for people who didn't pre-order it.)

I might be forgetting some but the next one I remember is the Newcomer Pack, which appears to have been discontinued. That included a salamander pet, some crowns and I think some XP scrolls. Then they added the Hailcinder Mount Pack which is still there, and now this.

So it's the first time a house has been sold via the web store, but not the first time they've sold the same type of items you can get in the crown store. If we ignore the ones which were available before the crown store was introduced then this trend started in 2019 (when the newcomer pack was added) and has so far lead to 1 pet, 1 mount and 1 house being sold exclusively through the web store, 3 items in 5 years. Unless they start adding new ones much more frequently I don't think it's going to be a big problem for anyone.

I also wonder if the salamander pet is going to show up somewhere else (crown store, login reward, crown crates etc.) now it's not being sold in the web store. It would be a waste to keep it unavailable, but it wouldn't be the first time ZOS did something like that.

(Admittedly this doesn't affect me, because I very rarely subscribe and do occasionally buy crowns so buying things through the web store instead of the crown store just skips a step in the process, and means I'll have it available on both servers. I can see how it would be a problem for people who only get crowns from ESO+ or rely on gifting.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"