Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Zhaj'hassa the Forgotten - Endless archive

• Marquesta
    Marquesta
    ✭✭
    I just lost a thread due to this. Zhaj'hassa was standing just on the other side of the pillar from me, I know I was behind it. This has happened to me multiple times, and I knew it would happen before it did this time.
    Please fix this. Pretty sure it's been a bug since IA was implemented. Very incredibly frustrating.
  • Marquesta
    Marquesta
    ✭✭
    And again.
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah it happened to me too multiple times. If they aren't going to fix it they should remove him from the lineup because, yes it ends a run there isn't anything you can do about it.

PS5/NA
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why hasn't this been fixed yet? This farce of a boss has ruined runs the last two days. The pillars are still appearing on the edges so you can't get behind them. If you can get behind a pillar, the attack is not blocked. You have had more than enough time to look into this.
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know how much effort is required to fix the bug, but whatever it is is most assuredly more than they effort to delete Buggy the Forgotten. Buggy should be gone and really forgotten. Maybe I should point out that a buggy boss like this is bad for the leaderboards. That ZOS seems to care about.
    PS5/NA
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Welp, came here to see if this is bugged for anyone else so it appears, yes, still bugged. Hid behind the pillar, instant one-shot anyway. Happened twice, closed out app in frustration.

Literally only on Arc One. So annoying.

And yes, was definitely in the right spot. Considering I was part of a bunch of nMOL and vMOL farming runs during the recent event, I know what I'm doing and this boss and his mechanics are 100% broken in the Archive.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welp, came here to see if this is bugged for anyone else so it appears, yes, still bugged. Hid behind the pillar, instant one-shot anyway. Happened twice, closed out app in frustration.

Literally only on Arc One. So annoying.

And yes, was definitely in the right spot. Considering I was part of a bunch of nMOL and vMOL farming runs during the recent event, I know what I'm doing and this boss and his mechanics are 100% broken in the Archive.

the best way to deal with the boss right now is either burn the boss down before the explosion phase, or have more than 39k max hp to be able to survive the explosion

most times ive rarely even seen this boss get to an explosion phase unless i encounter him in arc 6 or later (was on a run last night as duo dps and got him on arc 1 or 2 and due to the verses and such we had we literally killed him in <10 sec)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still an issue 7 months later. Just bricked my daily 1 arc run because the pillar wouldn't work.
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • Elrond87
    Elrond87
    ✭✭✭
    not seen this problem and i play this a lot, just one other boss forget its name, the aoe ground on higher arc is not visible can only be bypassed by magma ult, Lady Belin i think
    PC|EU
    cp2698
    20 characters
  • TdaGEM
    TdaGEM
    Soul Shriven
    Pillar didn't work for me either. Lost all three threads to this guy and failed my arc.
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If I get this boss I just consider the run over. It worked for awhile but is broken again. The pillars do nothing.

PS5/NA
  • robinrwb17_ESO2
    I got this boss in arc 1; it is still buggy.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    arc 1, mechanics are still trash.

such a pleasure, some of these 'features.'
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I take it this is still a problem lol. Found this thread while looking up this boss on my first run, and found this.
    My run was perfect too, no deaths, was having fun, then this....
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    coop500 wrote: »
    I take it this is still a problem lol. Found this thread while looking up this boss on my first run, and found this.
    My run was perfect too, no deaths, was having fun, then this....

ive never seen any issue with this boss lol (outside of the period when it was bugged and the pillars were not synced up right, or spawning too close to the edge of the arena)

i think a lot of people get the curse mechanic confused with the explosion, or are lagging and they see themselves standing behind a pillar when they really arent in the game world

the pillars are always spawned early but it doesnt even use the explosion until almost a full minute into the fight
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

• coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well I can say for sure that I very much fought this boss before in the trial and this is NOT working right. So blame players all you want, but it's very much bugged.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    coop500 wrote: »
    Well I can say for sure that I very much fought this boss before in the trial and this is NOT working right. So blame players all you want, but it's very much bugged.

not knowing or understanding the mechanics of the fight is on the player lol, there are definitely some players (not pointing at you specifically) that will call anything that kills them a bug or glitch purely because they dont understand why they died

i have seen this boss bug, but very rarely, its been months since i seen it actually bug (such as the pillars despawning before the explosion phase, or when it was a known issue that they were spawning on the very edge of the arena and there was no way to get behind them), in these cases ive either been on a DPS toon that burned the boss down before the explosion phase, or was on a tank with more than 38k max hp and could just survive the explosion

ive fought this boss in the archive enough to know what his general attack chain is (normal attacks occur between the other phases, aside from the light attack it also has a shatter heavy which reduces your resistances a bit):
    1. spawn pillars
    2. curse mechanic (have to cleanse before it expires or you die, unless you nuke him before that happens, this also applies an uncleansable dot too)
    3. summon dro'mathra senche tigers
    4. shield phase (have to kill the shield to stop the ramping dmg)
    5. curse mechanic
    6. summon
    7. shield
    8. explosion
    9. (repeats from first)

it usually takes approx 2 minutes to get to each explosion phase, unless he sits on the shield phase for a long time, you dont need the pillars at all until the explosion phase

most times ive fought him before arc 5 ill end up killing him before the explosion phase
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

• MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

to be honest a lot of those look like copy/pastes from the trial boss page lol

because he definitely does the shadow burst (shield mechanic) and add spawns on timers in the archive, its not health thresholds

the explosion is also not a 1 shot, it does ~38k dmg so is survivable on a tank build with high max hp
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master