Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Zhaj'hassa the Forgotten - Endless archive

• Quethrosar
    Quethrosar
    ✭✭✭✭
    is this one even soloable? i hide behind the pillar if it works, but this time it worked, i stand there for 30 seconds waiting for something to happen and boss just does his sword to the sky thing forever, i place a dot on him to break him out of it. i survive the big blast, he immediately summons 2 mobs and i am not sure what next because i just instant died 2 times fighting him again.

all 3 waves on arc 1 stage 3 - 4 wasted. to hell with EA. this is not the first time he has popped in arc1.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quethrosar wrote: »
    is this one even soloable? i hide behind the pillar if it works, but this time it worked, i stand there for 30 seconds waiting for something to happen and boss just does his sword to the sky thing forever, i place a dot on him to break him out of it. i survive the big blast, he immediately summons 2 mobs and i am not sure what next because i just instant died 2 times fighting him again.

all 3 waves on arc 1 stage 3 - 4 wasted. to hell with EA. this is not the first time he has popped in arc1.

definitely soloable, done it like a half a dozen times now lol

i say solo, even if i have a companion, because the companion will die if he uses curse since it hits the companion

this boss has really 3 main deadly mechanics
    1. curses: if you are cursed your screen turns like a bluish color and you need to use a cleanse pad or you will die
    2. shield phase: you need to destroy the shield to stop the mechanic, can be deadly because the dmg is ramping (slowly)
    3. pillars: when he is about to explode you need to hide behind a pillar the pillar should be between the boss and you (you can still attack through the pillar)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • LouisaB75
    LouisaB75
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was hoping this would be fixed with the update but the pillars are still not working. They are either not there at all or even standing directly behind them with him on the opposite side one shots me. Clearly this is broken.
  • ob1ken0bi
    ob1ken0bi
    ✭✭✭
    The pillars broke down as soon as they went erected. Kinda disappointing to get this 3x in a row and get 1shotted 3x in a row. Seems the difficulty up to this boss is pretty mellow and then BAM you get like a trial boss to fight
  • Vudokan
    Vudokan
    ✭✭✭
    This is RIDICULOUS. This fight is so horribly broken, what on earth is ZOS thinking? It's harder than the trail!!!

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    last night was my first experience with the pillars on this boss misbehaving

it seems like its timing the pillars wrong and they are despawning before the explosion

i think was on arc 8 when we got this boss, and managed to still survive the explosion with no pillars because i was on a warden with 47k max health (the explosion did around 38.5k dmg)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

• freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As soon as I see this boss I know I have one option.....

Hit him with everything I've got and hope he's dead before the pillar phase.

Not once have I survived behind a pillar!! ☹
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • YffresTrill
    YffresTrill
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just encountered him for the first time; lost both remaining threads, because on both attempts, the pillar spawned directly at the edge of the arena with no space at all to stand behind it. This is massively frustrating, please fix this glaring bug.
    @ Yffre'sTrill - PC/EU (No Steam)
    -
    Naering (Bosmer WW Archer - Valenwood separatist, Hircine-agnostic, honoured affiliate of the Gang of Scroungers.)
    Alts: Kunali, Free-as-Wind, Gurzog gro-Kosh, Seldril, Hatiba, Kareemal, Gilfirion, Elorwe, Ludvikke, Tsetha-Vos, Loulou Villeau, Nilvani, Horvund, Maritia, and Treads-the-Aurbis.
  • asbrizzi
    asbrizzi
    ✭✭
    Just fought him in arc 1 and had him spawn the pillars right at the edge once and had the pillars break right before he does the explosion twice.
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I met this fine individual for the first time today at arc 2. Some pillars spawned right at the arena's edge, some disappeared too soon and once or twice, none spawned. Basically, what plenty of other people have been saying since the beginning of November. Sure, they bring the servers down to fix the leaderboards and leave this boss bugged like this. If a fix isn't ready yet, then remove the boss from the pool of possible encounters until it is.
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • LokiPagan
    LokiPagan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had a strange bug, the pillars did nothing, but I managed to survive (I think with the rebirth verse, not sure)...and then he just instantly died at around 25% health.

So...yay?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LokiPagan wrote: »
    I had a strange bug, the pillars did nothing, but I managed to survive (I think with the rebirth verse, not sure)...and then he just instantly died at around 25% health.

So...yay?

im pretty sure i seen other bosses have that issue where they appeared to instantly die for little to no reason, im pretty sure i had one that was almost 90% hp and then died lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

• Vitgar
    Vitgar
    He took all 4 lives from me at the 2-4-3 stage and NO ONE single pillar appeared.
    The mechanics of instant death that ignores everything is great [no]. Instead of fighting, we have solving a riddle
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This guy is still busted. Had him for the first time tonight. That he hasn't been fixed yet is complete BS. If you're not going to fix him, take him out of the archive.
  • bbrown0770
    bbrown0770
    ✭✭✭
    This boss is glitched I have had it where there are 0 pillars 3 times in a row on arc 5 can’t live through it even while blocking with 30k health
    GT: Sir Ben 0770
    DC NA XBOX
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bbrown0770 wrote: »
    This boss is glitched I have had it where there are 0 pillars 3 times in a row on arc 5 can’t live through it even while blocking with 30k health

the explosion does just under 39k oblivion dmg, you cannot block or shield it, only have enough max health to survive it
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

• jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the explosion does just under 39k oblivion dmg, you cannot block or shield it, only have enough max health to survive it

While you can't shield it directly, if you have enough health, you can at least have the shield up to cover whatever health you have remaining after the explosion. I had an instance where the pillars never spawned so I just shielded on my warden before every explosion and my dots, with help from a shield being in place right before, got me to full pretty quickly.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

While you can't shield it directly, if you have enough health, you can at least have the shield up to cover whatever health you have remaining after the explosion. I had an instance where the pillars never spawned so I just shielded on my warden before every explosion and my dots, with help from a shield being in place right before, got me to full pretty quickly.

it might not be entirely oblivion dmg then, but it is definitely not blockable
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

• jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

it might not be entirely oblivion dmg then, but it is definitely not blockable

Oh, it definitely goes straight to your health, but Oblivion damage fully bypasses shields. So if you have a 20K shield up with 40K health, you may take 38K damage and be at 2K health. But you still have a 20K shield up. So it protects you from other damage after the initial hit.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't get enough health on the build to survive that. Besides it is something that we should not have to do at all. I was able to survive him with the Rebirth verse. That's the only feasible way I see unless it's fixed.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't get enough health on the build to survive that. Besides it is something that we should not have to do at all. I was able to survive him with the Rebirth verse. That's the only feasible way I see unless it's fixed.

if you wear all heavy armor + max hp traits on the gear you can get to about 37-38k with food, you can also pick up +6% max hp visions while in the archive, its even easier on a warden, or if you have a warden in the group for the toughness buff

my warden without any vision buffs usually sits at 40k max hp with food
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

• Ryori729
    Ryori729
    ✭✭
    Just ran into him for the first time. Guessed I needed to be behind the pillar but no help. And for me it would be impossible to burn him before pillar. It happened in in just a few seconds into the fight both attempts. Only had two shots because I lost a life when the third wave of a stage didn’t spawn and I just lost a life looking for them.

• OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oooh boy. Still bugged I guess. I got this joker for the first time today, never having done trials myself. Only arc 1 but I'm not able to burn him before the mechanic. I remember seeing here that he's bugged so I was ready for some crud.

I didn't really understand the curse mechanic and I thought the shield thing was part of the same thing so I spent way too much time doing laps around all 4 cleansing stations because I kinda thought the 1-shot was about to happen. LOL. Realized somewhere in the middle of all this "hey look there's a pillar" ooops, dead.

Was a little smarter next time but the pillars didn't work for me twice in a row-- boom run over, O set pieces for me.

Kinda upsetting cuz I run solo without a companion and I'm not on a warden. I go DPS build, just hoping to farm the first 2 arcs for gear in a timely manner. I'm not at all interested in tanking up to circumvent broken mechanics.

Looks like my success hangs on the precarious thread of RNG. Well there's half an hour of my life I'll never get back. Thank goodness I got him in Arc 1 I guess I'd be even more upset if it happened later.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    Oooh boy. Still bugged I guess. I got this joker for the first time today, never having done trials myself. Only arc 1 but I'm not able to burn him before the mechanic. I remember seeing here that he's bugged so I was ready for some crud.

I didn't really understand the curse mechanic and I thought the shield thing was part of the same thing so I spent way too much time doing laps around all 4 cleansing stations because I kinda thought the 1-shot was about to happen. LOL. Realized somewhere in the middle of all this "hey look there's a pillar" ooops, dead.

Was a little smarter next time but the pillars didn't work for me twice in a row-- boom run over, O set pieces for me.

Kinda upsetting cuz I run solo without a companion and I'm not on a warden. I go DPS build, just hoping to farm the first 2 arcs for gear in a timely manner. I'm not at all interested in tanking up to circumvent broken mechanics.

Looks like my success hangs on the precarious thread of RNG. Well there's half an hour of my life I'll never get back. Thank goodness I got him in Arc 1 I guess I'd be even more upset if it happened later.

for curses when your screen turns blue-ish you need to use a cleanse pad, it also does some dot but it will kill you if you dont cleanse

the other mechanic he does is he puts up a shield and does dmg pulses which do ramp up in dmg (very slowly though way way slower ramping than tho'at mechanics)

the explosion/pillars is the bugged mechanic, mainly because of where the pillars can spawn (or if on console they can still despawn before the explosion and leave you with no pillars) (the explosion is not a true 1 shot, but you need at least 39k+ hp to survive it)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

• OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Necrotech_Master Yes, thank you, I came right here to complain and brush up on the mechanics. My mistake with the first attempt was that he was doing the shield thing at the same time as the curse thing. So I kinda thought when I hit a cleansing station ( I didn't know it was a cleansing station I thought it was a safety zone ) his shield would go down. And when it didn't, I thought my screen would turn blue again if I didn't touch all 4 cleansing stations. So I just kept going round and round, LOL.

And there was a bit of hesitation the 2nd time too but other than wasting a little time I did get to the pillar it just didn't help.

3rd time I arguably did it perfect but died anyway. -shrug-

Now that I know I only need to hit 1 cleansing station and I can just take down the shield I will probably try to burn him. I don't think I'll win the race, but I can get him close.

Mostly he just needs to be fixed. I'm not super upset about it anymore... But... C'mon.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah, realistically i think they could have dropped the pillar mechanic from this boss and it would have still been tough for people to fight if they have never seen the mechanics (curse) before, as that one is definitely a 1 shot if you ignore it

usually been able to burn him down pretty easy before the explosion mechanic even as late as arc 3 or 4 (depending on verses)

with a dps spec i can usually burn him on arc 1 before the curse would kill me so straight up ignore all the mechanics lol

with a tank spec i usually have to at minimum do the first curse phase

the most annoying time fighting him was when i got him on arc 8, i was running with a partner but i was on my tank spec, so the explosion couldnt kill me, but because i had few focused efforts i had to slog dps his shield down lol, at least i had some decent offense verses to help (pustulent globs)

because i had nearly 50k max hp at that time, the explosion certainly would not 1 shot me, but i did have to make sure i was at full health before it went off (thats when i looked at my combat metrics after the fact and saw the explosion did 38.8k dmg)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

• OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You seem to be doing well, I like to keep tab on your comments @Necrotech_Master for the EA for sure.

I just got done with another run it was probably the best yet. I was getting really lucky on offensive visions. Killed so many platform bosses with a fire orb I can't even count. I only went as far as usual but it was fast.

I can see myself burning ol' Zhaj like that but not otherwise.

I know I always say I run a DPS spec but I'm leaving some DPS on the table for sure. I'm running on one of my NBs now using Pale Order Ring.
  • Ryori729
    Ryori729
    ✭✭
    I may have messed up the curse mechanic, but from the description people are giving, it seems there wasn’t much time. For me, I started the attack and fairly quickly he did the curse, but then the pillars popped up within seconds, on what sounds like the cleanse pads.

But first time seeing him, so hard to say my version of what I saw happened. Given I lost a life without dying, had my companion start the cycle boss while I was dead, and unrelated to EA had a character load in invisible ( just clothes and hands) hard to know any day what a fight may be. Heck, during the necrom event trading a style page with a guildie booted us both from the server.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ryori729 wrote: »
    I may have messed up the curse mechanic, but from the description people are giving, it seems there wasn’t much time. For me, I started the attack and fairly quickly he did the curse, but then the pillars popped up within seconds, on what sounds like the cleanse pads.

But first time seeing him, so hard to say my version of what I saw happened. Given I lost a life without dying, had my companion start the cycle boss while I was dead, and unrelated to EA had a character load in invisible ( just clothes and hands) hard to know any day what a fight may be. Heck, during the necrom event trading a style page with a guildie booted us both from the server.

there is a total of about 6 cleanse pads around the edge of the arena, and you have about 10 seconds to clear the curse before it kills you (though you need to heal too because the curse does a dot and it hits a 1 shot when it runs out)

i usually try to fight near one of the cleanse pads so i dont have to run so far

he usually tends to spawn the pillar somewhere behind you or off to the side, and you only need that when he is about to explode (the order of skills he usually does is curse, shatter, spawn pillars, curse, shield, i think another round of spawn pillars, then explode) so you usually have at least somewhere around 1.5-2 minutes to kill him before he does a explode where you have to hide behind the pillars
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

• MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still broken hiding behind the pillar does nothing. I had this run killing 4th boss 3 out of my last 5 runs. If they can't or won't fix it just remove him from the pool. Leaving him in means every run is a potential waste of time. The blasted thing already a huge time sink why make it worse?

PS5/NA