Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

No one doing Silorn anymore?

Scarefish
Scarefish
✭✭✭
I've been camping the Silorn group boss for days now and have never been able to get a player to help. The boss is too hard to solo. Is this zone dead already or is the boss just not worth doing?
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He is way too difficult for a Public Dungeon boss. I've done him once on each of my characters then never went back, because it's almost impossible to get anyone to help with him.
    PCNA
  • Scarefish
    Scarefish
    ✭✭✭
    I finally did it with another player. Very ridiculous. I even swapped Oakensoul for Ring of the Wild Hunt just so I could kite him better. Sometimes he'd get a cheapshot on me though and nuke me with all three burny things
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well players are avoiding him for a reason. When the whole room is covered in fire there is nowhere to run so kiting no longer works well. They really should adjust some of this.
    PCNA
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, it is called a “group event,” so it should be very challenging to solo. I had to request help the other day to complete the Gorne public dungeon group event. I’m sorry you’ve had difficulty finding other ti help! :(
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's hard to do a Group Event if the boss is so bad that no one wants to group for it.
    PCNA
  • allochthons
    allochthons
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did the Silorn group boss once to get the achievement, and farmed the whole dungeon enough to get the remnants, and I'm done. I hope I never have to go back.* And I'm the type of person who tracks which toon has done which public dungeon boss / skyshard for the skill points. Not doing it on my alts. Nope.

Silorn is near the top of the list of my most hated content in the game. It's like fighting in a slaughter house. I mean, I can nearly smell the rotting meat while in there. Ick. **

* I know I will, they're sure to add a future mythic lead from it.
    ** All of which means the designers did a great job. It just revolts me.
    She/They
    PS5/NA
  • Scarefish
    Scarefish
    ✭✭✭
    I think content difficulty should be limited by how slick the game is. Given how jank movement and combat is in ESO I feel like it should be an easy game. There are so many times I die to getting caught on a pebble on the floor and getting destroyed by cheap boss true combos.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, it is called a “group event,” so it should be very challenging to solo.
    This.
    It's hard to do a Group Event if the boss is so bad that no one wants to group for it.
    I think endgame players are usually busy with veteran group content, not public dungeons. It's not that they avoid this so much as they avoid all overland content. Personally I think this is the latest DLC and welcome the fact that it's harder than older ones. That said, the fight isn't particularly hard to solo, if you build for it. It was interesting in so far as I carry a couple of solo gear options on my templar and only one of them worked well. The following did not:

Using the Torc of the Ayleid King
    Using a shielding setup with Hexos Ward and Iceheart

The boss didn't kill me outright, but I found it hard to heal. Templar wants to heal from attack, e.g. from Puncturing Sweeps, but I think the boss has an immunity phase. This collapses your automatic healing on templar. It also hits somewhat hard. I got forced into kiting and casting heals too much on my squishier builds, including - unusually - the shielding setup. I think the boss also has an enrage phase after his rotating shield phase. I don't use Pale Order on my builds. That might have been something to try, but I'm not sure it would have helped for this boss.

The build that worked well was simply a high resistance build. I prefer sticking to light armor on magplar for the sustain, penetration and crit. The build, therefore, uses a crafted set called Aetherial Ascension. While I paired that with False God, a trial sustain set, that set is only particularly good when you're constantly killing adds, which is not 100% the case here. An easier to get substitute with a similar mixture of sustain and damage would be Overwhelming Surge from Tempest Island. You could also swap Markyn out for Iceheart and the Maelstrom staff wasn't doing all that much in this fight. This is all to say, my build isn't as exotic as it looks. I'm sure you could run Iceheart, Aetherial Ascension and Overwhelming Surge with similar results.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxXMHqhKjG0
    PC EU: Magblade (PvP main), DK (PvE Tank), Sorc (PvP and PvE), Magden (PvE Healer), Magplar (PvP and PvE DD), Arcanist (PvE DD)
    PC NA: Magblade (PvP and PvE every role)
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    I think endgame players are usually busy with veteran group content, not public dungeons.

Public Dungeons do not have a veteran version, so should not require veteran geared and skilled players. But this boss is ridiculous for normal difficulty content and players just avoid him. It's very difficult to get a group for them because if it.
    PCNA
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think endgame players are usually busy with veteran group content, not public dungeons.

Public Dungeons do not have a veteran version, so should not require veteran geared and skilled players. But this boss is ridiculous for normal difficulty content and players just avoid him. It's very difficult to get a group for them because if it.
    Not everything is at the same level, though. Wouldn't that be terribly boring? One out of 6 world bosses in each base game zone is harder than the others for example.

People often complain that, when they drop into veteran content for the first time, they're out of their depth. It's too much of a step up. Well, I can now send them to this boss ;). It's somewhere between normal and vet, or on the level of non-DLC vet content perhaps. There should be stepping stones like these. It just seems that ZOS would have you encounter them organically rather than clearly signpost where they are. That said, this is the latest DLC. That's usually harder than old content, while the old content is downgraded, via power creep if nothing else.

The fight may require veteran skill, but it certainly doesn't require veteran gear. The key ingredient for my templar really was a simple crafted set. When you run into a brick wall, sometimes that's the solution.
    PC EU: Magblade (PvP main), DK (PvE Tank), Sorc (PvP and PvE), Magden (PvE Healer), Magplar (PvP and PvE DD), Arcanist (PvE DD)
    PC NA: Magblade (PvP and PvE every role)
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This boss was way way way out there from the norm for public dungeon group events. Which I mean, in and of itself I don't necessarily have a problem with, but it's also no more rewarding than the other group event bosses.

Why would I ever wanna go back and do this boss again after getting the skill point? I imagine that's part of why it's hard to find others to help. Other difficult content, like dungeons, trials, IA, etc... includes various incentives to group and repeat it. I think that's a key ingredient that's missing here.
    Edited by valenwood_vegan on 31 July 2024 02:25
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not everything is at the same level, though. Wouldn't that be terribly boring? One out of 6 world bosses in each base game zone is harder than the others for example.

People often complain that, when they drop into veteran content for the first time, they're out of their depth. It's too much of a step up. Well, I can now send them to this boss ;). It's somewhere between normal and vet, or on the level of non-DLC vet content perhaps. There should be stepping stones like these. It just seems that ZOS would have you encounter them organically rather than clearly signpost where they are. That said, this is the latest DLC. That's usually harder than old content, while the old content is downgraded, via power creep if nothing else.

The fight may require veteran skill, but it certainly doesn't require veteran gear. The key ingredient for my templar really was a simple crafted set. When you run into a brick wall, sometimes that's the solution.

This boss is as hard as a veteran dungeon boss. The problem is that it's in a Public Dungeon and not veteran content. Because of how difficult this boss is it is very difficult to get anyone to help with it. I've even resorted to offering to pay other players for help but still no one came. I passed other players on my way to them so there were other players in there, but no one wants to help.
    PCNA
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know about making the content easier, as it is a group event. But the mechanics of it are annoying. I hate bosses with immune stages, especially this one where it spawns adds and gives you very little warning when it it going to charge. Its a stamina drain fight
  • Mik195
    Mik195
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found the wispmother boss in the High Isle public dungeon a lot harder. I have pathetic DPS (have never gotten more than 20k on a dummy and am usually under 10k), but with the bear, I was able to beat him without dying. I used my "I'll kill the trash while the bear eats the boss" strategy.

It took forever and was really boring, but worked. The fight kind of reminded me of the giant in Icereach -30 minutes of kiting and doing the same thing over and over. The boss was pretty slow do I was able to respawn the bear as needed.

I do not recommend this strategy if you like being efficient or have skill,, but it has gotten me through more normal dungeons than I ever expected. I don't know how much CP change things, but I do have 2k so every passive I can have.
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Silorn" group boss in GoldRoad public dungeon boss.

My tank and StamSorc kill it by solo.
    That was not so hard for me, but it required long time combat.

Why don't you say "anyone for the group boss" in the public dungeon?
    Maybe people are still playing newest DLC contents.
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    with [1Stam Blade].
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".

2024/08/23
    Farewell Atsuko Tanaka...(-_-) I never forget epic acting for major Motoko Kusanagi.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, it is called a “group event,” so it should be very challenging to solo.
    This.
    I think endgame players are usually busy with veteran group content, not public dungeons. It's not that they avoid this so much as they avoid all overland content. Personally I think this is the latest DLC and welcome the fact that it's harder than older ones. That said, the fight isn't particularly hard to solo, if you build for it. It was interesting in so far as I carry a couple of solo gear options on my templar and only one of them worked well. The following did not:

Using the Torc of the Ayleid King
    Using a shielding setup with Hexos Ward and Iceheart

The boss didn't kill me outright, but I found it hard to heal. Templar wants to heal from attack, e.g. from Puncturing Sweeps, but I think the boss has an immunity phase. This collapses your automatic healing on templar. It also hits somewhat hard. I got forced into kiting and casting heals too much on my squishier builds, including - unusually - the shielding setup. I think the boss also has an enrage phase after his rotating shield phase. I don't use Pale Order on my builds. That might have been something to try, but I'm not sure it would have helped for this boss.

The build that worked well was simply a high resistance build. I prefer sticking to light armor on magplar for the sustain, penetration and crit. The build, therefore, uses a crafted set called Aetherial Ascension. While I paired that with False God, a trial sustain set, that set is only particularly good when you're constantly killing adds, which is not 100% the case here. An easier to get substitute with a similar mixture of sustain and damage would be Overwhelming Surge from Tempest Island. You could also swap Markyn out for Iceheart and the Maelstrom staff wasn't doing all that much in this fight. This is all to say, my build isn't as exotic as it looks. I'm sure you could run Iceheart, Aetherial Ascension and Overwhelming Surge with similar results.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxXMHqhKjG0

the boss has several immunity phases, its very annoying

and yes for anything that requires dealing dmg to heal, it does not work if the enemy is immune to dmg (or from what ive heard, even if it has a dmg shield if the heal is based on %dmg dealt)

most of the reason i never really fought it much was the immunity phases, just plain annoying, especially with the room being lined with all those danged ayleid magic traps that shoot you with burning or stuns

i dont remember ever really finding the fight difficult, just annoying because of the traps and immunity phases so i usually avoided fighting it unless there were people waiting around for it
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why don't you say "anyone for the group boss" in the public dungeon?

I say that every time, multiple times, but no one comes. I have even offered to pay other players to help but no one comes. I've waited as long as an hour before I finally got help. This is why I only did this once per character and won't go back.
    PCNA
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know about account wide achievements, right?

Doing something multiple times, that you don't like doing one time?????? Why?
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pelanora wrote: »

We get a skill point the first time we do it on each of our characters. Then the Public Dungeon doesn't show complete for a character until that character has completed the group event.

No one here said they don't like doing this group event. But it's so difficult that I can't solo it even on my best character and no one wants to help with it.
    Edited by SilverBride on 5 August 2024 02:09
    PCNA
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Noone wants to help" I think that's saying they don't like it.

It's easy enough with two, or three, but it's very annoying and not fun.

Having to do everything seven times over, is what's tricky here.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Noone wants to help" I think that's saying they don't like it.

It's easy enough with two, or three, but it's very annoying and not fun.

Having to do everything seven times over, is what's tricky here.

Well I have 7 characters so I did it 7 times. Normally I like to do the Public dungeons more than once when I'm questing in a zone, but not this one.
    PCNA
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

only about 98% of the achievements are account wide

museum achievements and achievements which award skill pts are still per character

achievements that award skill pts include public dungeon bosses and maelstrom arena normal/vet clears for example
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • BasP
    BasP
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I only tend to do any PD once (unless one of my alts really needs a skill point) so I never felt the need to step into Silorn again as I did the quest and group boss shortly after Gold Road dropped. Maybe that goes for other players that bought GR too, considering it has been out for a while now.

Due to this topic I decided to try the group boss solo on my Stamden however, but I actually had to wait for a bit because two other players were already fighting him when I got there. In the end, it wasn't too difficult. The invulnerability phases made my fight last 5 minutes though, which is long for a boss in a PD.

Even though I'm in favour of an optional more difficult Overland, I think that it might be better if future Group Bosses in PDs are a bit easier than Silorn's boss. Newer players that step into Gold Road might have a hard time soloing it, and it isn't great to have to wait an hour or more to be able to finish it considering the rewards are lackluster.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BasP wrote: »
    Even though I'm in favour of an optional more difficult Overland, I think that it might be better if future Group Bosses in PDs are a bit easier than Silorn's boss. Newer players that step into Gold Road might have a hard time soloing it, and it isn't great to have to wait an hour or more to be able to finish it considering the rewards are lackluster.

I'm not a newer player and I can't solo it. I can get it to around 25% on my best character but then the floor is covered in fire and I have nowhere to run to kite and then I'm toast... literally.
    PCNA