The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Spell Recoloring/Skins

wretch200
wretch200
✭✭✭
Hello! I am suprised I havent seen anything about this. I feel like many other games have a feature like this and it would be neat for ESO to also have this be a purchaseable cosmetic. I personally would love to see Arcanist spells be available in blue and Dragonknight spells be available in a golden yellow color similar to templars. Imagine Dragon's Leap but with angel wings? Stuff like this would be cool and I would buy it.

What spells/classes would you like to see reskinned or recolored?
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't this exactly what they're doing with skill styling in Gold Road?
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • FabresFour
    FabresFour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wretch200 wrote: »
    Hello! I am suprised I havent seen anything about this. I feel like many other games have a feature like this and it would be neat for ESO to also have this be a purchaseable cosmetic. I personally would love to see Arcanist spells be available in blue and Dragonknight spells be available in a golden yellow color similar to templars. Imagine Dragon's Leap but with angel wings? Stuff like this would be cool and I would buy it.

Well, that's kind of what they're doing with the Skill Styling system with Gold Road.

For now, the system will only have weapon and world skills, however, in the future, I think it is very possible that they will release purchasable skills-skins for classes.

It would be very interesting, for example, an Arcanist themed with Molag Bal. (Blue spells, chains instead of tentacles)

Or a Templar themed with Vampirism (literally blood spears and things like that)

The customization potential would be endless.
    @FabresFour - 2075 CP
    Director and creator of the unofficial translation of The Elder Scrolls Online into BR-Portuguese.
    Options
  • mikejezz
    mikejezz
    ✭✭✭✭
    FabresFour wrote: »

Well, that's kind of what they're doing with the Skill Styling system with Gold Road.

For now, the system will only have weapon and world skills, however, in the future, I think it is very possible that they will release purchasable skills-skins for classes.

It would be very interesting, for example, an Arcanist themed with Molag Bal. (Blue spells, chains instead of tentacles)

Or a Templar themed with Vampirism (literally blood spears and things like that)

Isn't it just recoloring?

Options
  • nwilliams2107b16_ESO
    nwilliams2107b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hoping I’ll be able to re colour Lightening heavy attack to Red, would complete my blood mage aesthetic.
    Options
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikejezz wrote: »
    FabresFour wrote: »

Isn't it just recoloring?

At launch with Gold Road, it'll just be recoloring. However, the system was designed to support anything from retextures to model swaps going forward. Think of it like Customized Actions — it started with the recolored default Recall animation, and now we have a ton of new animations for a variety of actions.
    PC/NA — Lone Werewolf, the Templar Khajiit Werewolf

Werewolf Should be Allowed to Sneak
    Options
  • Cameron991
    Cameron991
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want them to release packs that reskin all a certain class abilities, for an example instead of then just changing it per skill they can do like a pack themed after something let’s say like necromancer an get like a vampire themed pack where all necromancer skills get a vampiric like design so reds and shadowy textures as well as summoning blood fiends and gargoyles as minions and maybe the colossus can be like a giant swarm of bats smashing the ground multiple times
    Options
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to repost what I wrote in the Crown Store Item Wish List megathread here, because this thread is more tailored toward the Skill Styles we'd like to see:
    Could we get Skill Styles for the Werewolf Transformation skill to allow us to change the fur color? I'd imagine the implementation would be similar to the Slate-Gray Summoned Bear collectible, which may be considered the first example of a Skill Style.

Preferably, we could get Skill Styles for grey fur, white fur, black fur, brown fur, that "undead" fur texture that werewolves like Faolchu have, and maybe even Skill Styles for "polymorphs" such as a skeleton werewolf polymorph, the same as the skeleton werewolf enemies found in Unhallowed Grave.

This would address a long-standing concern that Werewolf players have about the lack of customization options for in Werewolf form.

EDIT: For example, look at these werewolf fur colors already in the game:
    ufmi9ag3jdvz.png

And then there are special ones like the skeletal werewolf or the undead werewolf:
    5ciwm2r5r90g.png

PC/NA — Lone Werewolf, the Templar Khajiit Werewolf

Werewolf Should be Allowed to Sneak
    Options
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cameron991 wrote: »
    I want them to release packs that reskin all a certain class abilities, for an example instead of then just changing it per skill they can do like a pack themed after something let’s say like necromancer an get like a vampire themed pack where all necromancer skills get a vampiric like design so reds and shadowy textures as well as summoning blood fiends and gargoyles as minions and maybe the colossus can be like a giant swarm of bats smashing the ground multiple times

I wouldn't be surprised if that's exactly what they're planning.

I've read and watched a lot of promotional material so I can't remember exactly where I heard / read this but their precise wording around styling to me suggested that they were planning to sell some.

Something along the lines of at launch and earnable in game, players will be able to do X. Which implies the potential for other things being sold in the crown store.

I wish the game didn't have classes but having made that decision, some combinations of class and other skills work less well than others. Like necro and vamp as you say.
    Options
  • Cameron991
    Cameron991
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »

I wouldn't be surprised if that's exactly what they're planning.

I've read and watched a lot of promotional material so I can't remember exactly where I heard / read this but their precise wording around styling to me suggested that they were planning to sell some.

Something along the lines of at launch and earnable in game, players will be able to do X. Which implies the potential for other things being sold in the crown store.

I wish the game didn't have classes but having made that decision, some combinations of class and other skills work less well than others. Like necro and vamp as you say.

When you say work less well together do you mean in terms of aesthetically?
    Options
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would very much like to be able to recolor spells. The lime green for Arcanist I absolutely hate, for example. I'd like to use purple instead. If there was a way to use black on Necromancer that would be sweet.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
    Options
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you say work less well together do you mean in terms of aesthetically?

Yes.

Like vampirism goes best with Nightblade.

Templars also do well with resto staff and Psiijic and PvP's Vigor.

Necromancy (magicka) ironically doesn't line up visually with Undaunted Necromancy themed abilties but does with Mages Guild (who hate necromancy) abilities Entropy and Fire Rune. Also, though this makes sense, the two Soul Magic abilities.

Sorcerer's get PvP's Magicka Detonation and if you buy into the sorc / dk / warden split of shock / fire / frost, then their respective Destruction staves also line up.
    Options