The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

This is a trade-killing event

• MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This event is pretty much to only thing they do all year to combat the ludicrous inflation in this game. It seems like a negative to many, but it's honestly a positive.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    personally, i would never join a trade guild with dues, ever

Why? Traders aren't cheap and the way I see it I am profiting from my guild having a trader in a prime location. If I want to continue to profit I feel like I should contribute to our guild's success.
    PCNA
    Options
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Imagine the astronaut meme and "Always Has Been"
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
    Options
  • kiwi_tea
    kiwi_tea
    ✭✭✭
    Stuff that doesn't sell now will sell later.

Yes, but I have to reach the selling quota every week...
    My trading guilds want me to sell the same amount of stuff...

Then you need to shift your inventory around for a month or two. That's part of the trading meta-game. Lots of prices will tank during the jubilee. It's a predictable, seasonal change - just bigger this time. Trade something that doesn't have increased drops until the prices come back up.

A sudden change in supply isn't "trade killing", it's literally just part of being a trader.
    Options
  • johnjetau
    johnjetau
    ✭✭✭
    I'm making bank this event.

Almost 58M in sales.

I'm selling all those gold mats - Dreugh Wax 42k, Tempering Alloy 22K, Perfect Roe 67K etc
    They flying off the trader.

The only things I am currently keeping are Alchemy mats, as they'll go up in price once the new chapter gets released.

Options
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm running new account from scratch so I keep putting them up.

They are making enough for me to generate gold for basics like bank/bag expansion. and a bunch of stuff will be put up for resale about once a week to adjust for market changes.

:#
    Options
  • oldbobdude
    oldbobdude
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, my sales have slowed as well. Took some big ticket stuff out of guild store and put it in storage for a while. Getting by on cash flow mainly on gold tempers and master writs. But no complaint. I’m also getting some rare motifs, plans and recipes. All is good with the gaming world. Lol
    Edited by oldbobdude on 13 April 2024 02:40
    Options
  • Desiato
    Desiato
    ✭✭✭✭
    I used to be an active flipper many years ago and I was so angry when the first Jubilee event caught me off guard with a lot of motifs I had purchased to flip! There weren't as many back then, so the impact was much worse.

It seems the economy recovers pretty quickly these days. By the time the next chapter launches, I'm sure sales will be booming again.
    spending a year dead for tax reasons
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was surprised to see that motif prices on PS NA weren’t much lower than before, but the market will soon be saturated and the prices will have to come down eventually.

I can wait.

Meanwhile the bargain basement prices I have set aren’t moving very fast either.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • OsUfi
    OsUfi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love trading, but also think this event is great. It makes motifs accessible to so many folks who don't farm them usually or aren't in a trade guild.
    Options
  • derkaiserliche
    derkaiserliche
    ✭✭✭✭
    It only crashes when people sell with the "fast and cheap" mindset.

Options
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Op I presume you are farming event boxes too?

To make your dues just sell some of the more expensive mats at lower prices, people stock up on these mats during this event, they will sell fast!

You may lose up to 50% on their pre-event value but you'll cover your dues, this happens every year. 🙂
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
    Options
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    johnjetau wrote: »
    I'm making bank this event.

Almost 58M in sales.

I'm selling all those gold mats - Dreugh Wax 42k, Tempering Alloy 22K, Perfect Roe 67K etc
    They flying off the trader.

The only things I am currently keeping are Alchemy mats, as they'll go up in price once the new chapter gets released.

I'm still making gear so I can't sell those. Tank set coming up now.
    Options
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The event is a boon for most players. That seems to be the general agreement here.

Options
  • TheDarkRuler
    TheDarkRuler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The big guilds with billions of gold are already purchasing the "cheap" pages in mass stock.
    Just like when Dro M'atra was nowhere to be found on EU server because on guild decided to buy all and resell them for 10x the price. This insane market manipulation is what has to stop, not the drop rates.
    Options
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Friend of mine managed to finish multiple style motifs this event with all the motifs flooding the market. I've been learning most of mine, maybe I can start doing master writs...
    Options
  • Anifaas
    Anifaas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This always happens and it always stabilizes again after the event.

This good wisdom applies to many games. Use it to your advantage folks. Patience is key.
    Options
  • harvey07
    harvey07
    ✭✭✭
    well...people have been posting about the economy here and for zos take action on the inflation. so, here we have it. lol.
    Options
  • ClowdyAllDay
    ClowdyAllDay
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm leveling up my 10 crafter across my 6th account and i have 5 more waiting for a crafter to level up on so that's 5 months more to complete. loving all the perfect roe and dragon parts and all the mats really. no need to go harvesting. those 5 guild banks sure are handy.
    Options
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is the stock-up/harvesting time if you have the space. The selling time for much of this surplus will be throughout the rest of the year.

We'll have use for all those extra mats we're getting now when Golden Road drops. There will be lots of new weapon/armors sets and furniture to craft,. Also mats prices always go up with a new chapter.
    Edited by starlizard70ub17_ESO on 14 April 2024 13:42
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
    Options
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No point in hoarding some things.
    And the motif pages, well I try to sell as many as possible.
    Inventory management sucks.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    personally, i would never join a trade guild with dues, ever

Why? Traders aren't cheap and the way I see it I am profiting from my guild having a trader in a prime location. If I want to continue to profit I feel like I should contribute to our guild's success.

my primary reason is i dont always have millions of gold of items to sell

if a guild requires 50 or 100k a week in dues, you are then obligated to farm and generate at least 100k worth of items in order to actually make any gold yourself

the game already has an in-built method of this which is called the guild tax when you sell something, the only reason this is "not enough" is because bidding on traders is the only real gold sink the game has, and "prime spots" are highly competitive

theres hundreds of guild traders in the game, and being on PC can guarantee at least 1 person in every trade guild that has a trader is likely running TTC, which is uploading the listings, so as long as you have a trader anywhere its still visible (and yes i remember the time before ttc existed too, i would be fine with or without it)

ive never paid dues for any trade guild ive been a part of as long as the game has had external guild traders, and dont feel like its necessary
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My trade guild doesn't have dues, however the bottom 5% contributors get booted weekly. Each member needs to contribute 200k a week in order to fully fund our trader, and we have one in a prime location. However, since we don't have dues or a minimum contribution requirement, most people don't.

We track everything. I'm on the top list of contributors weekly for some unknown reason(I buy raffle tickets and sell misc stuff as well as donate to the auction, so there's that) but they're *not* cheap. We're in a VERY expensive prime location at that. it's nuts.

That said, even after paying 300k a week on the raffle I still end up breaking even, or gaining money every week just from doing stuff I normally do and selling the miscellaneous stuff I get. I don't try hard at making gold, but if I did I'd probably have more than I do now.
    Options
  • Gaebriel0410
    Gaebriel0410
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trade killing? This is a shopping spree event and I am there for it!

I am just yolo dumping the expensive mats I get from all the boxes for under the common selling price, cackling madly as I spend my newfound wealth on various decadent unnecessary things, like random houses I might never use just to get easy teleports.

Or a stupidly overpriced but beautiful sword motif that I absolutely don't think is worth 3 million gold but hahahaa I am rich and it is the one thing I could improve on my main's fashion, so I bought it anyways. B)

(Besides, throwing coins at enemies won't defeat them, and gold stuck in my bank will only lose its auriferous lustre).

I will probably end the event with roughly the same amount of gold I started with (which is pretty averagely comfortable), but I surely unlocked a whole bunch of stuff and gave away over 200 expensive purple motifs. Being rich is no fun if you can't share it! <3
    Options
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never sell during event.
    Hoard until Ithelia decides she's done hiding
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny, I've made over 2M in sales this week alone, and am able to keep all 30 slots stocked on all my trade guilds. If they want to complain about lack of sales, it's certainly not because players don't have items listed.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    Options