Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

This is a trade-killing event

Rishikesa108
Rishikesa108
✭✭✭✭✭
Nothing more to say.
The grinding part only made things worse.
Hurray I got a lot of materials and crafting motifs!!!
Sigh...I can't sell anything anymore
Double side of the same coin
Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm holding on to most of my mats and not selling them until after the event.
    PCNA
    Options
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes many material prices crashed. Not sure if the surplus of extra materials will be consumed and prices will return to normal though.
    Options
  • Melivar
    Melivar
    ✭✭✭
    Patience is the key to the event. Buy up what you need at the low end of pricing and hold onto the expensive items for a few months.

Pawn off all those 5-30K Motifs a little cheaper while people are looking to fill their master crafters books to maintain some cash flow.
    Options
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is the stock-up/harvesting time if you have the space. The selling time for much of this surplus will be throughout the rest of the year.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
    Options
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Treeshka wrote: »
    Yes many material prices crashed. Not sure if the surplus of extra materials will be consumed and prices will return to normal though.

That is good for many players who are starting out to craft their stuff.
    Options
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While mat prices may have crashed somewhat, I think overall this is fairly healthy for the economy.
    Options
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Though I do find it annoying as a trader, there are always a ton of complaints about inflation and prices being too high, so I don't think it hurts to have an event like this that helps quite a bit on the supply side.

I just stock up, pay my guild dues, and take some time off from trading to work on other stuff in the game till things stabilize.

I do think it's worse this year because it coincides with u41 breaking guild history and causing problems with trading addons, which seems to have caused a reduction in overall trading activity [EDIT: on pc at least] even before the event started.
    Edited by valenwood_vegan on 12 April 2024 17:15
    Options
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It sucks because trading broke down with the guild history problem, my stuff isn’t selling anymore. Now I have no space for all the motifs I get from dungeons + the event. Ah well. It’s good for newer players and for everyone to get rarer furnishings and such, can’t say no to that.
    Edited by Soarora on 12 April 2024 17:12
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    Options
  • AlwaysDancing
    AlwaysDancing
    ✭✭✭
    2 weeks ago - Massive inflation, its the end of the world as we know it!

This week - Prices have dropped, its the end of the world as we know it.

I feel fine...
    Options
  • madman65
    madman65
    ✭✭✭✭
    2 weeks ago - Massive inflation, its the end of the world as we know it!

This week - Prices have dropped, its the end of the world as we know it.

I feel fine...

I agree, there is nothing bad about this. Gamers will survive this.
    Options
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you already have the motifs and items why do you need gold?
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This always happens and it always stabilizes again after the event.
    PCNA
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its called the market lol

supply goes way up (motifs and mats), prices come down

your prices listed from 2 weeks ago before the event started are probably considered "overpriced" right now, or people are getting enough mats from the event boxes they dont need to buy additional mats
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you already have the motifs and items why do you need gold?

Players spend gold for way more than motifs. I think I've only bought motifs maybe twice.

I need a lot of gold for houses, furnishings and mats for crafting furnishings.
    PCNA
    Options
  • VisitHammerfell
    VisitHammerfell
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'm not selling much right now, mostly a bit of PvP gear and non Vvardenfell overland gear, but all these motifs and plans will have me set until next Jubilee. At least for me, getting all these furnishing mats makes me want to buy more plans, and also as I get more motifs, I'm buying some to finish out full sets, it's like tax refund season in ESO lol.
    FOR THE COVENANT! 🦁

PS NA 2200+ CP
    PS EU 1300+ CP
    PS NA Alt 500+ CP

Bring back Crafty Lerisa (with same voice actress)

Bring back Sergeant Seyne
    Options
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Show some kindness and give stuff away.
    Options
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stuff that doesn't sell now will sell later.
    Options
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, but I have to reach the selling quota every week...
    My trading guilds want me to sell the same amount of stuff...
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's great because I don't have to pay for motifs to expand my various characters' knowledge. I can save my gold for other discretionary purchases that I wouldn't be able to buy after paying for motifs.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love it. I profit by applying any motifs and furnishing patterns I don't have to my master crafter, and what I can't sell, I hold on my overflow marketing account until prices rise again, which they inevitably do. Win/Win

It also means I can hoard mats and motifs to grant holiday wishes during the forum's yearly player-held holiday giveaway, so the benefit isn't just for me, it's stockpiling for the future. Every year I push myself a little harder during this event so I can give away more later in the year.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, but I have to reach the selling quota every week...
    My trading guilds want me to sell the same amount of stuff...

then thats on the guild setting those requirements lol, has nothing to do with the market fluctuations happening though

personally, i would never join a trade guild with dues, ever

i was even in a guild that had instituted dues after not having them for years and i just left, there are other guilds out there
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^ Agreed, at least insofar as "that's on the guild setting those requirements". I mean people may have friends and such in their guilds and be reluctant to leave so I'm not going to start telling them to... but there are a lot of trade guilds with no or low dues, or multiple ways to meet requirements.

I'm in a top guild in a top location and if it's not a good sales week, you can make a deposit, send in a donation for auction, join a weekly mat farming run... if the guild is requiring constant sales and putting a lot of pressure on people, that to me is a red flag. I don't mind paying modest dues in return for a consistent good trader location, but when the pressure becomes job-like, it's time to get out.

Every trading guild I've been in has constantly been recruiting over the last year and would be happy to get a new member who just puts in some effort, so it may be worth shopping around.
    Edited by valenwood_vegan on 13 April 2024 00:46
    Options
  • CenturionExplorer
    CenturionExplorer
    ✭✭✭
    It's good way to tackle inflated prices, supply and demand in works.

Bringing prices down is good. They'll be back up again soon enough.
    Edited by CenturionExplorer on 12 April 2024 20:06
    Options
  • licenturion
    licenturion
    ✭✭✭✭
    On the other side it is great though. Have been buying a lot of motifs that are 1/6th of the usual prices.
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We just had a thread on here complaining about massive inflation (although only on PC NA apparently), so maybe bringing prices down is a good thing.

Either way it's only for a few weeks and then things will go back to normal. Of course it will take time for prices to start going up again, but variations in the economy aren't a bad thing.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've made a few hundred thousand extra gold than I would have otherwise had from the motifs. So what that they are devalued? Everyone benefits.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
    Options
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So PC or console? THe economies are very different. Please mention which.

I'm guessing PC because that seems to be the default assumption.
    PS5/NA
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I regularly make 3-5M gold each year from the motifs in this event alone.

This is the time when people buy and round out their known pages.
    Options
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't sell much either. I just list stuff at normal prices and if they sell okay, if not well they're there long after the event
    Options
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have millions in gold so I like these events where 20K turns into 5K for a motif.
    Options