Why vote kicking people in dungeons doesn't get you permabanned?

• AScarlato
    AScarlato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ApoAlaia wrote: »
    AScarlato wrote: »
    I once ended up as the 4th odd-man-out of a 3-person premade that vote kicked people at the final boss for giggles. Luckily this only ever happened to me once in 4 years, but it was incredibly irritating and I never want to be put in with premades again.

Been on the receiving end of that behaviour too however I PUG quite a bit, I want to say at least a couple of times a day on one account or another, and my personal experience matches yours: is exceedingly rare.

In fact the overwhelming majority of PUGs are... well, unremarkable.

Don't get me wrong, there have been a few times where I have fallen into the 'something should be done about this' mindset when something remarkable happened that frustrated me however on second thought I always reached the conclusion that it just wasn't severe enough or prevalent enough to warrant any further action.

I definitely agree - once in 4 years isn't enough that I'm sounding alarm bells. But it did ruin my night and I didn't feel like waiting and doing another dungeon after. I pug all the time, and I never got booted aside from that one time as I never fake queue and am decently geared/competent, never run in front of the tank, and don't even really chat aside from "hello" at the beginning and "thanks" at the end.

It's not just ESO I see this in, but other games I play too where sometimes you just get a very immature group of friends and they just pick on/annoy the poor person that got placed with them. Particularly games like League of Legends which are more toxic in general.

I did report the group and I had screenshooted the pre-made in ESO that had booted me, as they like a bad movie villain typed enough in group chat to reveal their evil plot to boot me as we reached the final boss. No idea if anything came of it since disciplinary actions aren't shared with the reporter, but I'd like to hope something happened.
    Edited by AScarlato on 30 January 2024 18:25
    Options
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently, the game doesn't have system for avoiding innocent people are punished.
    Quick leaving punishment punish both fair player and fake role cheaters. That's is real problem.

My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
    Options
  • WhosTheFancyOneNow
    WhosTheFancyOneNow
    ✭✭✭
    YOU say they vote kicked you for harassment. How would one go about establishing the motives of 3 people who tossed you from the group, esp if you had limited interaction with them? Can you read minds through group content?
    Options