The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Unable to loot vet Oathsworn Pit first boss

VisitHammerfell
VisitHammerfell
✭✭✭
Title says it all. Fought the first secret boss, then fought the first boss. Killed the wolf first and looted some gold off it and then couldn't loot the boss after killing it. First time running it so sad to lose out on the gear drop :(
https://youtu.be/Givo9zzGfGo
FOR THE COVENANT!
PS NA 2200+ CP
🦁 Colonel 1 (25)

PS EU 1300+ CP
🦁 Tribune 2 (28)

PS NA Alt 500+ CP
🦁 Captain 1 (19)

Bring back Crafty Lerisa (with same voice actress)
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    did the boss teleport as he died? thats a good way for enemies to desync their body positions lol

using a knockback to kill a target (non boss enemies), or boss enemies that die while teleporting can position desync between where they are on the server and where your client is showing the body

sometimes to get it to resync you would have to relog, which i know is not really doable while soloing the dungeon instance, but if your in a group and they dont mind waiting a moment, you could relog and that resyncs the boss body position usually

to be honest, if your doing the side bosses too, it only takes a few runs to get all of the armor pieces so i would not worry about it too much (if you were able to loot all side and main bosses that is 5 armor drops and 1 weapon/jewelry drop, so doing that you would finish all armor drops on your 4th run)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @VisitHammerfell Was this from today? And are you on PS NA or PS EU in this clip?
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • VisitHammerfell
    VisitHammerfell
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    @VisitHammerfell Was this from today? And are you on PS NA or PS EU in this clip?

This was on PS EU this afternoon. The body wasn't even highlighted at all to try to loot.
    FOR THE COVENANT!
    PS NA 2200+ CP
    🦁 Colonel 1 (25)

PS EU 1300+ CP
    🦁 Tribune 2 (28)

PS NA Alt 500+ CP
    🦁 Captain 1 (19)

• VisitHammerfell
    VisitHammerfell
    ✭✭✭
    did the boss teleport as he died? thats a good way for enemies to desync their body positions lol

using a knockback to kill a target (non boss enemies), or boss enemies that die while teleporting can position desync between where they are on the server and where your client is showing the body

sometimes to get it to resync you would have to relog, which i know is not really doable while soloing the dungeon instance, but if your in a group and they dont mind waiting a moment, you could relog and that resyncs the boss body position usually

to be honest, if your doing the side bosses too, it only takes a few runs to get all of the armor pieces so i would not worry about it too much (if you were able to loot all side and main bosses that is 5 armor drops and 1 weapon/jewelry drop, so doing that you would finish all armor drops on your 4th run)

Thanks. If it happens again I will try relogging (also one of the DDs in the clip couldn't loot either). Gonna try to solo it on normal on NA and see how it goes. I don't run a ton of dungeons on EU so it'll take a while but yeah I'll eventually get the body pieces.

Edit: could loot fine on NA
    Edited by VisitHammerfell on 27 March 2024 00:26
    FOR THE COVENANT!
    PS NA 2200+ CP
    🦁 Colonel 1 (25)

PS EU 1300+ CP
    🦁 Tribune 2 (28)

PS NA Alt 500+ CP
    🦁 Captain 1 (19)