The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

a 50k HP build shouldNT do more damages than a 30k HP build

Xarc
Xarc
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
This game is broken
now in cyrodiil we only meet 45k 50k even saw a 70k HP build (without any metamorphose)

I mean, i have nothing against tank builds, but we should have to choose between survivability and damages, it's not the case actually

Some damages/spells/heals are based on health, how it comes ?

Same way for speed : when a 60k HP build takes scroll and you cant catch him with full speed, there's a problem. I know some sets & race increase speed but still, there's a problem here

Please ZOS fix your game
Edited by ZOS_Icy on 3 December 2023 18:11
@xarcs FR-EU-PC -
"La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
- since april.2014
  • TheDarkRuler
    TheDarkRuler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Each build has a role and a weakness. If a character is both tanky and deals damage, the sustain is probably weak. Also keep in mind that nerving health-based scaling would impact PVE meta alot too. And PVE playerbase is severely larger than PVP...
    Options
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to increase the weight max stamina and magicka has on damage so that you’re giving up a lot more to put points in health.
    Options
  • Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They need to increase the weight max stamina and magicka has on damage so that you’re giving up a lot more to put points in health.

Or have heals scale with max stats instead of weapon and spell damage, I feel that would be a decent compromise.

That way you’re forced to pick three of the four categories, being sustain, mitigation, healing, and damage, instead of where we’re at now with players able to work in all four aspects to their build.
    Options
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about you are not allowed to use sets? Just blank armor, like with the companions.😳

This way PvP is all about passives, abilities and PLAYER SKILL! I think this would be the best thing to happen to PvP. ☝️
    read, think and write.In that order.
    Options
  • Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How about you are not allowed to use sets? Just blank armor, like with the companions.😳

This way PvP is all about passives, abilities and PLAYER SKILL! I think this would be the best thing to happen to PvP. ☝️

This would actually be a lot of fun while helping to create the ground work for any competitive play setting in the future.
    Edited by Tyrant_Tim on 3 December 2023 10:40
    Options
  • Janni
    Janni
    ✭✭✭✭
    Each build has a role and a weakness. If a character is both tanky and deals damage, the sustain is probably weak. Also keep in mind that nerving health-based scaling would impact PVE meta alot too. And PVE playerbase is severely larger than PVP...

You clearly haven't seen the tanks I have seen... or played for that matter. Also I think this would be equally unhealthy for PvE as the basis is built around the party trinity. What PvE tank needs 6k weapon damage and 40k hp? (And EA doesn't count, that's an infinitely scaling difficulty)
    Options
  • OsUfi
    OsUfi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice idea, but Ravenwatch has never been as popular as Grey Host because most players like all the whizz bangs that come with CP and proc sets. Why waste resources leaning further into the the stripped down play style for probably near-dead campaigns.
    Options
  • Jamie_Aubrey
    Jamie_Aubrey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone that runs around towers with 50k and can kill 10 people attacking them should be looked at
    RETIRED FROM ESO
    PC/EU
    Former Empress & Grand Overlord Vex Valentino
    Options
  • Heelie
    Heelie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always so many claims, but no reciets - ESO logs exist.
    Most OwOrated healer of all time
    Options
  • Kisakee
    Kisakee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone that runs around towers with 50k and can kill 10 people attacking them should be looked at

They should get applause for making a bunch of morons chasing them. Plus their ability to kill someone is highly restricted to a certain moment where they need to get everything lined up perfectly or they won't get any kills to that's peak performance for a couple seconds.
    "I don't know who you are, but i will find you and i will rob you." - Liam Thiefsson
    Options
  • OsUfi
    OsUfi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dekrypted wrote: »
    Saw an 80k hp warden today kill a 30k player. The 30k hp player wasnt that good at healing themselves, but if you have 80k hp you probably shouldnt be doing any real damage in PvP lol

Here's the thing, you're not taking into account the 30k hp guys build. Was he a bomber? A glass cannon? A newbie? People come into PvP in light to medium armour with little experience hoping to survive. That barely puts them above overground difficulty for anyone who has PvP'ed.

I still use my one bar high-health necro from this thread when playing in Cyro solo. I sit at about 56-60k health, bouncing to 88k-90k health in bone goliath form. I'm genuinely hopeless at PvP (as most of Grey Host EU can attest, though I still try). I've still killed people in 1 on 1 situations. I had 4 people once struggle to take me down at Cropsford, and I still took one with me.

With all that said, I get hit so hard by some players I have enough time to process that I'm being attacked but barely have time to get my Spirit Guardian out before my corpse is bouncing along the floor.

An 80k hp warden should absolutely take down someone less experienced than them, especially if they're built for PvE or in light armour or just inexperienced.

I'm sorry to say if an 80k hp player is taking you down on the reg, "skill issue."
    Options
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Maybe.

To be honnest I dont care what is needed to make it, as long as they fix their game
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
    Options
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would 100% love this.

But they’ve designed the game’s business model around new sets selling new content.

Options
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is all because of the free 1000 wd and 5k stam + mag + 3k hp we got a few years ago in cp rework.

You take those away for pvp, and pvp becomes extremely different lol.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
    Options
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I wouldn't be against the idea of diminishing returns on health investment after certain threshold. Such as reduction in damage after 35k health or something.
    OsUfi wrote: »
    Dekrypted wrote: »
    Saw an 80k hp warden today kill a 30k player. The 30k hp player wasnt that good at healing themselves, but if you have 80k hp you probably shouldnt be doing any real damage in PvP lol

Here's the thing, you're not taking into account the 30k hp guys build. Was he a bomber? A glass cannon? A newbie? People come into PvP in light to medium armour with little experience hoping to survive. That barely puts them above overground difficulty for anyone who has PvP'ed.

I still use my one bar high-health necro from this thread when playing in Cyro solo. I sit at about 56-60k health, bouncing to 88k-90k health in bone goliath form. I'm genuinely hopeless at PvP (as most of Grey Host EU can attest, though I still try). I've still killed people in 1 on 1 situations. I had 4 people once struggle to take me down at Cropsford, and I still took one with me.

With all that said, I get hit so hard by some players I have enough time to process that I'm being attacked but barely have time to get my Spirit Guardian out before my corpse is bouncing along the floor.

An 80k hp warden should absolutely take down someone less experienced than them, especially if they're built for PvE or in light armour or just inexperienced.

I'm sorry to say if an 80k hp player is taking you down on the reg, "skill issue."

Well, I guess 80k hp Warden can kill because some skills scale off of health in terms of damage and healing effectiveness. Cannot think of any other classes that can procure a kill on their own at 80k health outside of Warden and possibly NB. Maybe odd Templar with j-beam on low health targets. But that is not really the player securing their own kill.

But yeah, often times when I see high health full tanks securing a kill, it is either ult dump with other friends, troll moves to feed people to the fish or the opponents just never healing at all while wearing full squishy setup.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
    Options
  • Arcanasx
    Arcanasx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    50k hp builds that kill are usually running balorghs and sometimes clever alchemist too.

They basically use their tankiness to survive/stalemate and once they feel like they've built enough ult and have a potion ready to be used, they'll attempt a balorghs ult dump to secure a kill.
    Options
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remember when players had 15k health in PvP? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
    PC NA
    Options
  • Elyu
    Elyu
    ✭✭✭
    Arcanasx wrote: »
    50k hp builds that kill are usually running balorghs and sometimes clever alchemist too.

They basically use their tankiness to survive/stalemate and once they feel like they've built enough ult and have a potion ready to be used, they'll attempt a balorghs ult dump to secure a kill.

Although I think this thread is part of the wider combat-balance conversation, this quote highlights an important point.

Namely - there should be trade-offs.

If you want dmg, you should sacrifice survivability, or vice versa.

As others on this thread have pointed out, you should have to build specifically for burst, rather than running an 'opportunist' build like how stealthy gankblades are supposed to be, but without having to be sneaky and choose your moments, instead of just run around with 60k health in 7 heavy armour, having the benefits of both high offensive stats, for regular healing skills (i.e. vigor) AND the health based heals like dragons blood.
    Options
  • FoJul
    FoJul
    ✭✭✭
    And PVE playerbase is severely larger than PVP...

This is the reason ESO can never get fair balancing. Always one side or the other tugging the rope.

Edit: PvP would be widely larger, if there was balance, and new content. PvE'rs get loads of new content every year. PvP gets what exactly? A nerf to a skill that people are exploiting in PvE, so now that entire class suffers in pvp?

Make it make sense.
    Edited by FoJul on 6 December 2023 14:15
    Options
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could see it happening with some draugrkin/dragons apetite+masters dw cheese. The free damage sets give you impressive (but not very lethal) damage even when everything else in your build is tank.

You'd have still have a lot of time to decide if you really want to keep wailing on this HP enthusiast though. You won't die out of nowhere to something like that, unless you got 3rd partied out of nowhere. I mean, even the legendary incap>specbow combo needs some stats behind it.
    Options
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There should be some draw backs for high health, heavy armor builds for PVP
    have damage reduced by 2% for each piece of heavy armor equip if wearing 3 or more pieces
    and second for every 1k HP above 35k you would do .25% less damage this would have a trade off run less tanky builds for more damage or go full tank and be a tank this would encourage more player to have less tanky builds which would then lower the Time to Kill in PVP and therefore help the game.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
    Options
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t see a problem with a high health player killing a lower health player if they survive the opening burst or combo. Bruiser builds are totally a thing and should be able to beat a high damage player in a prolonged battle. The problem is the burst they can pull off. Skills that scale with health are usually DoTs and these alone aren’t much of an issue and honestly need a bit of a buff imo. Sets on the other hand are the real elephant in the room.
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heelie wrote: »

Point me to the cyrodiil logs
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Heelie wrote: »

Point me to the cyrodiil logs

/encounterlog still exists in Cyrodiil. It may be really tough to decipher with how many enemies you'll run into, and you can only see the builds of whomever is in your group, but it DOES still work.
    Options
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Both good points.

I would also add that some players are more effective with their build than others with the same build. PvP is a place where this is most present since one cannot just memorize what they need to do at any given point.

Options
  • Major_Toughness
    Major_Toughness
    ✭✭✭✭
    So someone with a build that has high health and high weapon/spell damage, with a health-scaling heal, was able to kill someone of lower health, probably similar weapon/spell damage.

That's all we really know. It is very likely the 30k HP player was just worse and/or in a worse build. Maybe even worse class. We do not know that for sure, however based on the outcome, very likely.

The game has it's issues but focusing on HP is completely wrong. Especially when it's a warden with Minor Toughness and Polar Wind.

This also isn't anything new. High HP Wardens have been strong for years.
    Options
  • FoJul
    FoJul
    ✭✭✭
    So someone with a build that has high health and high weapon/spell damage, with a health-scaling heal, was able to kill someone of lower health, probably similar weapon/spell damage.

That's all we really know. It is very likely the 30k HP player was just worse and/or in a worse build. Maybe even worse class. We do not know that for sure, however based on the outcome, very likely.

The game has it's issues but focusing on HP is completely wrong. Especially when it's a warden with Minor Toughness and Polar Wind.

Saw a 70k hp Arcanist that did some damage in OW... @Gopher was there to witness it. Shouldnt be possible...with vamp ult dude prolly at like 100k+
    Options
  • Gopher
    Gopher
    ✭✭✭
    FoJul wrote: »

Saw a 70k hp Arcanist that did some damage in OW... @Gopher was there to witness it. Shouldnt be possible...with vamp ult dude prolly at like 100k+

Just for reference, this arcanist was doing ~2.8k-3k dps. Nothing too insane, but way more damage than anyone with 70k hp should be allowed to do. With Arcanist shield scaling off health, this person was stacking shields and was probably sitting around 100k hp + shields, allowing him to simply facetank both of our combined dps. The playstyles that this meta is allowing people to use has been why me, and many of my friends have all but quit this game.
    Edited by Gopher on 22 December 2023 15:45
    I will steal your lettuce and eat your crops.
    Options