The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why can't I change my ID name / @name in My eso account?

Recent
Recent
✭✭✭✭✭
1. I log out of eso
2. I log into 'My eso account'
3. I click on option says edit my account information
4. I click on 'edit User ID
5. I type in new user id i want with the correct amount of letters
6. I type in my secret question answer which already is saved there anyway
7. But it says invalid in red letters where i type in new id name
8. I even trued using an old ID user name that was saved cos it shows in a drop down window.
Not sure why its not working...i check my emails for change of name code...nothing

I cant get ti the bit where you press save after you put in your secret answer
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on 29 August 2023 03:46
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Perhaps that new name is already taken.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't there a problem with account actions the last week or so?

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • Recent
    Recent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »

Perhaps there is yes, ill try again in a week or so ty
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recent wrote: »
    TaSheen wrote: »

Perhaps there is yes, ill try again in a week or so ty

Yeah, I'd say try every couple of days. I'm not really sure what the issue is (or was) but seems as if it's a problem. If a week goes by, and you still can't do it, put in a support ticket and then list the ticket number here for @ZOS_Kevin to "shepherd" tto make sure your ticket is where it needs to be.

Good luck - keep your chin up and don't lose hope!

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it deals with an account issue.

Thank you for your understanding
    Options
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Recent

The most common reason why a name is not be available for use is because it has already been taken. You should try a different variant of your desired name to find one that can be used instead.

In addition, a name might not be available if it does not meet the guidelines set forth in the Code of Conduct.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Hlaaluna
    Hlaaluna
    ✭✭✭
    There is definitely a problem and it is not related to choosing a name already in use. As an experiment, I entered a several names made up of random characters that nobody would ever want as a name. In every case it kept telling me to enter a valid ID.

Would be most grateful if this could be fixed please.
    Options
  • Katzenzunge
    Katzenzunge
    ✭✭✭
    To add to this, tried to change my ingame ID as well, and no matter what I put there, the formular would not accept anything. No bad words, no weird puns, nothing that should go against any CoC, ToS, what have you.

Please look into that.
    Options
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They disabled it when those login issues were happening recently and then seemed to have forgotten about it and never turned it back on when they fixed the login issues

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/641209/update-on-login-issues#latest

Support isn't even on the same page with this because it appears not all of them know it's been disabled as evidenced by an official ZOS reply here that's telling you to do something that's not even currently possible.
    Edited by CrashTest on 2 September 2023 23:07
    Options
  • Recent
    Recent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CrashTest wrote: »
    They disabled it when those login issues were happening recently and then seemed to have forgotten about it and never turned it back on when they fixed the login issues

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/641209/update-on-login-issues#latest

Support isn't even on the same page with this because it appears not all of them know it's been disabled as evidenced by an official ZOS reply here that's telling you to do something that's not even currently possible.

Yes this is the correct answer cos even when i try to add numbers at the end if a name it wont even allow me to put in my secret question answer ..it bugs out. You are 100 % right that it's not working cos i was in a guild and someone was having the same issue.
    Options
  • RMW
    RMW
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still an issue @ZOS_Kevin
    I tried changing my ID several times and it always reds out
    I thought maybe it was a problem because soemone else might have the name but if I try to add the prefered name as a friend it says Account does not exist
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @RMW

Have you tried opening a ticket with our support team?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Freilauftomate
    Freilauftomate
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it broken for everyone, or just a few customers?
    Options
  • Kashya_Vulano
    Kashya_Vulano
    ✭✭✭
    Still broken. Kind of annoying, I've been waiting to change my username for a few months now.
    Options
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still broken for everyone it seems 🧐
    Any plan to receive it soon? I know you can change your name via support but that seems like a hassle 😅
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
    Options