Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magica Templar PVP

• jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭
    You watch, when enough complain about how easy mode Dragon knights or wardens are... they will try to sovle this by nerfing Templars again, its their method of operation in ZOS.
  • Cast_El
    Cast_El
    ✭✭✭✭
    KiltMaster wrote: »
    Yeah Templar is awful right now (speaking as a templar main). But don't worry, we're getting defensive buffs next patch /sarcasm

That's what we need, right? Surely not damage!

In theory; having more class defense could allow you to run more glass damage. The problem is, putting it on a gap closer that tends to desync you or lock you in animation with a short duration for the defense; makes it impractical

Some of us already use 3 damage set
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have to on temp or not killing anybody, well I mean not just stealing kills with RO
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone being successful on any builds I can steal?
  • Cast_El
    Cast_El
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    Anyone being successful on any builds I can steal?

I can share one with you, do you want to play melee or range?
    I have three build that actually works.

Best for dueling:bow hybrid
    Best on BG and IC with or without CP: melee Magicka
    Best for cyrodiil with CP: ranged Magicka
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not share what you got and let's brainstorm some see if can bring a bit of life to plar..
    I'm currently with hist sapp, maarselock, vateshran and master dw playing stam hybrid.
  • Amerises
    Amerises
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like Mara’s and will still be using next patch. Cleansing Ritual Blue CP and Extended Ritual make it very strong on a Templar, and changing to cool down next patch won’t be the biggest nerf.

EDIT: I should say this though, I rarely play my plar, have only been playing during event and might try again after patch.
    Edited by Amerises on 22 May 2023 17:13
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amerises wrote: »
    I like Mara’s and will still be using next patch. Cleansing Ritual Blue CP and Extended Ritual make it very strong on a Templar, and changing to cool down next patch won’t be the biggest nerf.

EDIT: I should say this though, I rarely play my plar, have only been playing during event and might try again after patch.

I have always wondered though if that CP and ER proc the clense burst heal of mara
    Edited by Syiccal on 22 May 2023 17:16
  • Weckless
    Weckless
    ✭✭✭
    Vetixio wrote: »
    NBs and DKs have been on top for a while now and they keep buffing them especially Nightblades, maybe devs should play other classes just a thought? Necros and Templars both mag and stam aren't in a good spot. I don't think Stamden is as good as it used to be either and obviously poor Magden is same as Magplar where you have to be a healer to be remotely successful on the class. I have got used to the new jabs animation but I still hate it.

Is the part about warden a joke? Mag and Stam are both right there with Nb right under DK
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    Why not share what you got and let's brainstorm some see if can bring a bit of life to plar..
    I'm currently with hist sapp, maarselock, vateshran and master dw playing stam hybrid.

I've just re-joined and I'm still using Soulshine ( :# ), Rallying Cry, Engine Guardian, Markyn.

I can survive but I feel I'm constantly on the run and I can't hurt anything. I guess i am still using our old mag spammable that I shall not name.... :#

sorcs are faster
    NB do more damage
    DK are more oppressive
    Wardens have tons of health and too tanky
    Necros....well anyone still playing necros
  • Roylund
    Roylund
    ✭✭
    My current build is master dw, vateshrans ice staff, pariah, 1 trainee, 1 druids braid, balorgs and markyn ring.
    Stam hybrid.
    2 bloodthirsty 1 infused (all weapon dmg) with serpent mundus.
    Seems to work alright at min to be fair.

Was playing mag based not long ago with rally cry and deadly etc but mag suffers from lack luster dmg or survivability, can't have both..
    Magplar also has to choose either degen or ele, if you choose ele you have to run spell pots instead of tri pots and if you choose degen you lack major breach but can use tri pots

What race and attributes are you running?
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roylund wrote: »
    My current build is master dw, vateshrans ice staff, pariah, 1 trainee, 1 druids braid, balorgs and markyn ring.
    Stam hybrid.
    2 bloodthirsty 1 infused (all weapon dmg) with serpent mundus.
    Seems to work alright at min to be fair.

Was playing mag based not long ago with rally cry and deadly etc but mag suffers from lack luster dmg or survivability, can't have both..
    Magplar also has to choose either degen or ele, if you choose ele you have to run spell pots instead of tri pots and if you choose degen you lack major breach but can use tri pots

What race and attributes are you running?

Dark elf, enough points to get to 30k hp then rest in stam
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just a fyi. Word on the street is that the blue cp "Cleansing Revival" is procing on cool down, not just when healed under 25% health. It shouldn't work like that so I haven't used it myself.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know if PoL is actually usable in this update after the "fix"
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ditto - any feedback from PTS players?
    Edited by Rhaegar75 on 23 May 2023 20:44
  • Amerises
    Amerises
    ✭✭✭✭

I’d like to know, too!
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cloudrest mentioned testing it and it being acceptable. And they are a known templar that plays at a high level
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    should be noted, templar was that class that was supposed to fill that defensive crusader archtype. But they stripped that defensive away over the years either through direct removal of spells (blinding flashes), balance changes (blazing shield), and homogenization (hot/dot standards, hard nerf of defensive sets, etc.)

But the best version of this class was right before IC/during IC (when eclipse actually reflected stuff like ultimates). After that it was just a jabs spam class and it became boring.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well for me if it works again il be using PoL instead of ele susceptibility for sure as it has way more bonuses of use
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just use vate destro bb with master dw fb, slap on dragon's appetite /draugrkin /maras, 2 pc trainee, 2 pc monster set of choice, 1 mythic jewel
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just use vate destro bb with master dw fb, slap on dragon's appetite /draugrkin /maras, 2 pc trainee, 2 pc monster set of choice, 1 mythic jewel

I have this as one my builds
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure there is a better build for pvp right now to be fair especially with coming patch where jabs taking tmyet another indirect nerf via arcanist passivs
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure there is a better build for pvp right now to be fair especially with coming patch where jabs taking tmyet another indirect nerf via arcanist passivs

I wonder if they just want spammable to suck. I mean; I like dizzy/wb but in lag they don't work. Meanwhile; ranged abilities like shards work just as well as jabs. Part of the reason I think DK is so good as you can really not do a spammable, and just 3 flame abilities, whip, and repeat
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just been messing about with old school, nostalgic magplar build, lighting staff and S/B..deadly, rally cry, engine guardian, Coil.

Base dmg isn't all that high but with 3 blood thirsty, coil, rally proc and the vamp 300 spell dmg after mist it ramps up AND I have PoL slotted...

Takes me back a few years actually fun to be fair, bit fed up playing dw and ice staff
    Edited by Syiccal on 25 May 2023 21:17
  • Al_Ex_Andre
    Al_Ex_Andre
    ✭✭
    I tired lot of Magica Templar builds but simply its damage is so weak, no burst damage. I damage, I stun, I beam and they just heal back. Dks stun me and burst me down in one second. I have given up on the Light (Templar) and join the the Dark side (DK).
    "and they just heal back":
    that's my experience in pvp with the magplar.
    ultimately I want the achiev in pvp with my main who is a magplar, but let's forget about being serious in pvp (or pve)