Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magica Templar PVP

nemesrichard
nemesrichard
✭✭✭
I tired lot of Magica Templar builds but simply its damage is so weak, no burst damage. I damage, I stun, I beam and they just heal back. Dks stun me and burst me down in one second. I have given up on the Light (Templar) and join the the Dark side (DK).
  • Amerises
    Amerises
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol I’ve been playing Templar for years. Switched to nightblade recently for a completely different experience, which was fun, but even ganking you need to choose targets carefully. Leveled a DK for PvE but thought I’d try it out in PvP … EASY MODE! Holy cow, it’s nuts when I 1v3 and walk away full health! It’s crazy unbalanced, and next patch, nothing is going to change that… Sad really, because I miss my Templar, but I don’t even have any gear on it now…
  • Dunning_Kruger
    Dunning_Kruger
    ✭✭✭✭
    I honestly do not understand why they gutted sweeps. I recently returned to the game and thought, why. When I left the class was so mid-tier and the only people that really of any merit who thought it over performed only did in dueling formats with certain rules enabled. Meanwhile DK seems to be just as broken as always. I guess they nerfed stam necro because I never see them anymore, so that’s a plus.
    Edited by Dunning_Kruger on 13 May 2023 11:31

For the Queen bby
  • Vetixio
    Vetixio
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBs and DKs have been on top for a while now and they keep buffing them especially Nightblades, maybe devs should play other classes just a thought? Necros and Templars both mag and stam aren't in a good spot. I don't think Stamden is as good as it used to be either and obviously poor Magden is same as Magplar where you have to be a healer to be remotely successful on the class. I have got used to the new jabs animation but I still hate it.
    Edited by Vetixio on 13 May 2023 22:55
    Pìerre - Breton Vampire Templar, Grand Overlord. Erádàn - Bosmer Templar, Warlord. Vyríc - Imperial Vampire Necromancer, Centurion. Sybìl - Breton Sorcerer, Centurion. Erìch - Nord Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Njàll - Nord Templar, Lieutenant. Elánnà - Bosmer Warden, Veteran. Laquì - Redguard Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Noveni Dres - Dunmer Sorcerer, Lieutenant. Marìnus - Imperial Warden, Veteran. Arvyn Indoril - Dunmer Templar, Sergeant. Rósalyn - Breton Sorcerer, Corporal. Emelîn - Bosmer Dragonknight, Corporal. Astaroth Indoril - Dunmer Sorcerer.
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really like my magplar currently. Vamp elusive mist was a god sent and Mara´s on back bar is also nice (I only play solo).
    It might not have the best damage, but it´s ok. I feel very mobile and tanky enough to take on anyone in a 1vs1 without feeling completely hopeless.
  • Cast_El
    Cast_El
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar= hm mode, dk=easy mode. 🤣

I can share some builds that work with templar, bow build, range staff build or Melee build. Melee build is the easiest. My Staff and bow build as more burst but Les survivability.

I killed a 50k health, grand overload dragon knight with my bow build in duel in cyrodiil once.
  • Cast_El
    Cast_El
    ✭✭✭✭
    And when I play with my DK instead of my templar I feel like a god. 1VX is Soo easy with DK, except if you fight against group of veteran player 😂
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag Templar requires 2 things to be decent, passiv heals that don't require standing still in your rune (bubble is OK but requires incoming dmg), vigor is OK but don't want to be spamming it..this is why maras balm worked so well, but as that is nerfed I think hist sap would be a good fit..secondly as burst is poor (mele) they need other sources whether it be arena weapons or monster sets such as maarselock/balorgs
  • Ondolemir
    Ondolemir
    ✭✭✭
    DKs and to a lesser degree Templars have always been the top classes in Eso, especially in PVP.

BGs are filled right now with day 1 DKSs blowing everyone out of the water. Anyone can pick up a DK rn, look up the running Oakensoul build, and out-compete sweaty pvpers.

What is backwards really is the fact that DKS gets the near best of every world. Tanking, burst dps, and healing. Tank classes in MMOs don't get good dps for a reason.

Though this has been the story of this game. Dks get a slight nerf, half the community that mains DKs complains (because they can't play anything else), and then they get buffed. Tbh the way they market this game there probably shouldn't even be "classes" as we think of them. What is the difference really beyond 3 skill lines?

Just balance the "tank" classes to have less dps (as they should've originally) and the rest is history.

And before anyone chimes in "But but but Ondo, you can play every class in any role" please save your breath. That is a dam lie they tell new people to suck them into the game. You certainly can play any class in any role in PVP or PVE for that matter, but you just won't get a serious group to bring you in lol.

Perhaps Arcanists will melt Dks when they launch and are tweaked. Somehow I doubt it.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ondolemir wrote: »
    DKs and to a lesser degree Templars have always been the top classes in Eso, especially in PVP.

BGs are filled right now with day 1 DKSs blowing everyone out of the water. Anyone can pick up a DK rn, look up the running Oakensoul build, and out-compete sweaty pvpers.

What is backwards really is the fact that DKS gets the near best of every world. Tanking, burst dps, and healing. Tank classes in MMOs don't get good dps for a reason.

Though this has been the story of this game. Dks get a slight nerf, half the community that mains DKs complains (because they can't play anything else), and then they get buffed. Tbh the way they market this game there probably shouldn't even be "classes" as we think of them. What is the difference really beyond 3 skill lines?

Just balance the "tank" classes to have less dps (as they should've originally) and the rest is history.

And before anyone chimes in "But but but Ondo, you can play every class in any role" please save your breath. That is a dam lie they tell new people to suck them into the game. You certainly can play any class in any role in PVP or PVE for that matter, but you just won't get a serious group to bring you in lol.

Perhaps Arcanists will melt Dks when they launch and are tweaked. Somehow I doubt it.

That first paragraph is completely untrue. Up until a couple years ago; templar and DK were pretty bad. They received some buffs; Templar got living dark and DK got a boost tu sustain and other changes and metas followed. Difference is; nerfs done to templar the past 9 months have been devastating. Changes to DK have not registered a blip
    Edited by TechMaybeHic on 14 May 2023 21:15
  • Woodenplank
    Woodenplank
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nerf to DK damage might be due in PVP, but just going to be a random slap in the face to DKs who play PVE.

I agree though: the amount of effort that goes into winning, say, 1v3 as a DK (Oakensoul, FoO spam, Whip and Coagulating Blood, eh?) vs. any other class that I've tried is silly. But it's always a delicate thing. No one likes to see their favourite class or item set nerfed.
    Devs can't really change anything without upsetting a % of the Player Base.

Back when Sorcs were top-of-the-meta and MagSorcs had shields for days and only needed three skills to burst any health pool; well people hated on Sorcs. And when they got nerfed, a tonne of people got their knickers in a bunch and quit the game.

Personally, I've always been an advocate of "Don't nerf; buff the competition."
    I doubt the listed changes for Necrom will shake the PVP balance much, but then, the Devs specifically said they didn't want to touch too much for the new chapter release (or whatever they're calling the DLCs now).
    I think it is central to ESO's well-being to critique the developers when they change the game (or fail to change something).
    But the negativity can be exhausting, so I vow to post 50/50 negativity and appreciation.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "BGs are filled right now with day 1 DKSs blowing everyone out of the water. Anyone can pick up a DK rn, look up the running Oakensoul build, and out-compete sweaty pvpers."

@Ondolemir this is completely untrue lol. Oakensoul builds are largely trash. Someone with no exp on dk isn't going to randomly out compete sweaty pvpers.
    This isn't to say dk isn't extremely strong right now, but please, don't say stuff that isn't true.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "BGs are filled right now with day 1 DKSs blowing everyone out of the water. Anyone can pick up a DK rn, look up the running Oakensoul build, and out-compete sweaty pvpers."

@Ondolemir this is completely untrue lol. Oakensoul builds are largely trash. Someone with no exp on dk isn't going to randomly out compete sweaty pvpers.
    This isn't to say dk isn't extremely strong right now, but please, don't say stuff that isn't true.

It is true however that it takes very little effort or time spent to do well on a dk, it's probably the reason it's not got or getting a nerf, it's easy for casuals to pick up and play well and feel like they are successful in PvP, and that like it or not keeps casuals playing and spending money in game.

It's the same reason cod has Sbmm and fifa has scripting..keep the casuals happy.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, I think that stamplar slightly edges magplar at min as well, jabs is better than sweeps due to passivs and aoe dmg, it can make more use of the arena weapons and stamplar is a little more mobile as well. Played properly it can have all the dmg of stamplar with the heals of magplar.
    Edited by Syiccal on 15 May 2023 14:47
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    Also, I think that stamplar slightly edges magplar at min as well, jabs is better than sweeps due to passivs and aoe dmg, and stamplar is a little more mobile as well. Played properly it can have all the dmg of stamplar with the heals of magplar.

I think so, but in a world where hybrid give HTD and Vigor both some bite; it's opportunity cost that tilts it for me. One less buff to get major brutality/sorcery. But then, its all hybrid really. I mean, even if you stam jab; you going to pass up on RO to go along with HTD and ER? Maybe some Living Dark?
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea I use vigor, living dark and HTD..personally don't find ER all that beneficial, yes it removes 5 effects but everyone and there mother using ele susceptibility which is FREE and applies 5 effects so is it worth spending 4.5k mag just for the negs to be reapplied instantly
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea I use vigor, living dark and HTD..personally don't find ER all that beneficial, yes it removes 5 effects but everyone and there mother using ele susceptibility which is FREE and applies 5 effects so is it worth spending 4.5k mag just for the negs to be reapplied instantly

I go back and forth on it. Siege is absolutely stupid right now.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My current build is master dw, vateshrans ice staff, pariah, 1 trainee, 1 druids braid, balorgs and markyn ring.
    Stam hybrid.
    2 bloodthirsty 1 infused (all weapon dmg) with serpent mundus.
    Seems to work alright at min to be fair.

Was playing mag based not long ago with rally cry and deadly etc but mag suffers from lack luster dmg or survivability, can't have both..
    Magplar also has to choose either degen or ele, if you choose ele you have to run spell pots instead of tri pots and if you choose degen you lack major breach but can use tri pots
    Edited by Syiccal on 15 May 2023 15:28
  • Amerises
    Amerises
    ✭✭✭✭

With Mara’s, ER is very powerful, and will continue to be next patch. Mara’s will be dead on near every other class next patch, and templars getting a defensive buff (no idea why), will open up room for bb Mara’s and offensive fb. Could be worthwhile… probably not.
  • pedrogonzalez
    pedrogonzalez
    ✭✭
    When I am running with my stamplar I just want to tbag and spit on face to every dk that I kill. That’s how zos balance the game.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I am running with my stamplar I just want to tbag and spit on face to every dk that I kill. That’s how zos balance the game.

Ha yea this!
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LoL its so rewarding to kill a DK with a templar or necro. Stalemates are more common, but the kill is great. I don't get into the hate tells other than to respond with GF or something polite yet probably inflaming. They should know though without explanation. Pretty embarrassing.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not even sure what to run at this point, I've tried a few things and nothing has felt right yet
  • Afterip
    Afterip
    ✭✭✭
    When I play pvp as Templar, I feel that class lacks a burst of damage to kill NB or Dk.
    Then i return to my Necro. Oh god, I mean after playing this necro-*** Templar looks like really a GOD of dps, survivability and cc.
    Very scared to play as DK, because probably ill die of pvp domination's ecstasy...
  • Amerises
    Amerises
    ✭✭✭✭
    Afterip wrote: »
    When I play pvp as Templar, I feel that class lacks a burst of damage to kill NB or Dk.
    Then i return to my Necro. Oh god, I mean after playing this necro-*** Templar looks like really a GOD of dps, survivability and cc.
    Very scared to play as DK, because probably ill die of pvp domination's ecstasy...

Yeah, I turned to the dark side and it’s been bliss, lol.
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw a templar in a bg today who would spam RO then mist away the moment you attacked him.

I considered telling him he should try a bow ganker NB, then thought better of it.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before I quit I had made both a ranged magplar gank build (8k spell damage).

The only difference is my stamdk gank build has 9k weapon damage, more sustain, more healing, and obviously hits harder.

It’s really night and day the balancing differences. Heck I could probably have run a defense set like Mara and still get 7.5k weapon damage.

Oh and these were Oakensoul builds, 2 bar would just increase the craziness.

PvP needs more love.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my plar to kill any one half decent I have to run 3 damage sets, currently master DW/vateshran staff and Maarselok where as on my dk I can wear 2 or 3 sustain sets (wretched/trickory and bloodspawn) and still kill any one more or less that isn't a tank..Not to mention how much easier it is to X on a dk due to the built in tankiness and burst dmg
    Edited by Syiccal on 19 May 2023 10:13
  • KiltMaster
    KiltMaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah Templar is awful right now (speaking as a templar main). But don't worry, we're getting defensive buffs next patch /sarcasm

That's what we need, right? Surely not damage!
    PC/NA
    GM of "Kilts for Sale"
    Ebonheart Pact
    He/Him
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar is my main also, but solo play in pvp right now is so much easier on a dk its stupidly oppressive with the sustain to match..I've said before I'm sure this is intentional by the devs, they probably have stats to show its the most played class by casuals who spend money or some ***
    Edited by Syiccal on 19 May 2023 14:36
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KiltMaster wrote: »
    Yeah Templar is awful right now (speaking as a templar main). But don't worry, we're getting defensive buffs next patch /sarcasm

That's what we need, right? Surely not damage!

In theory; having more class defense could allow you to run more glass damage. The problem is, putting it on a gap closer that tends to desync you or lock you in animation with a short duration for the defense; makes it impractical