The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can't log in to PC NA after maintenance

• I_CraftwithPntButter
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin

What I would also like to know is , how was the 3 mins determined ?

Could a 30 sec not accomplish the same task ?

If adding a login timer was part of a hotfix, how long will this last ?

It will be the experience going forward. As we noted before, timers can be adjusted in the future. But the team has settled on three minutes for the time being. We have been passing this information along to the team for their consideration and we will continue to do so.

Thank you for the reply , hopefully a shorter timer can be implemented
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same, 3 minutes is ridiculous.

Was it yet determined why this was implemented? And no, plainly 'better experience' is not the reason.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For adding better experience during the wait, do you provide pop corn and drink ? o:)
    My most recent characters
    AD - Amareni NB
    -
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s only 3 minutes you guys. Calm down 😂

Have you actually just sat and waited staring at a screen for three whole minutes? A minute can be surprisingly long when you are just waiting for it to be over....

During these minutes one is bound to get boooored, and thus start doing something else, and then waste more time than you wanted to on whatever that waiting activity was, and possibly just not get back to logging in at all.

But really I think the main thing here is that nobody has perceieved a problem to begin with. Thus, this feels like a made up excuse just to make life hard for people who play on both servers. But it would be stupid to discourage that because they have made us have to buy things separately so people who play on both servers are potentially buying Double what those who only play on one server would buy so... yeah.. Why on earth this handslap when you try to switch servers???
  • TimeViewer
    TimeViewer
    ✭✭✭✭
    We now have plenty of time between servers to logon and post how ridiculous this forced wait is.
  • Foxhearted
    Foxhearted
    ✭✭✭
    oh no wonder I couldn't log into NA.

well looks like I won't be collecting my dailies anymore. 💀
  • TimeViewer
    TimeViewer
    ✭✭✭✭
    and now we have to force wait during event too, yup nothing like wasting our time for no reason
  • apri
    apri
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s only 3 minutes you guys. Calm down
    3 minutes a day, almost half an hour per week or 90 minutes a month just for doing daily endeavors on both servers. Let alone switching more often for other things. This is a very generous "fix" on expanse of the customers time. And all this coming with an error message indicating something is severely broken, not fixed. We did not ask for this change. If it was needed from the server point of things, it could (and should) have been done better, with the customers in mind and with better transparency, error message and shorter timeout.

I mean this in full respect of customer service. Because as it states, we are literally asked to contact customer support each time we cannot login (on the console error prompt at least), assuming something is broken with our account. This leads to higher service ticket volumes. I think customer service has better things to do so this error is not just wasting our time but staff time, too.
  • Vedova
    Vedova
    ✭✭
    Wondered why i could not log into my NA characters like i normally do once done my EU stuff, and visa versa when going NA-EU. I Did not know a very annoying 3 minute timer had been added to the logins from changing server, very annoying, very frustrating this feature , please remove and restore it back so as we can swap between servers to team with what ever friends i have online as i play on both servers.

Seems silly to enforce this annoying feature on us, what was this year meant to be QoL features i believe, well this is not one !!
  • TimeViewer
    TimeViewer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have to agree with the above, this isn't quality of life to me, first it's messing with reset times screwing with my sleep/play patterns after all these years, now I have to sit and stare at a screen because of why? A made up nonissue? Funny how everything was working fine for all these years. You want to really improve the quality of life, let us store furnishings like we do mats, stop messing with my sleep, I'm far too old for this garbage.
  • DipItInCider
    DipItInCider
    ✭✭✭
    I was just on E/U server finished it. Now I can't log on N/A server!!!!
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a bad change especially with no indication on the login page. You should put a countdown next to the login to indicate that login disabled due to the timer and to show when it will be allowed again.

@ZOS_Kevin
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait WHAT? Okay so NOW I'm stuck in a FIVE minute timer!! (I mean thanks for at least showing me down there but...)

After trying and unsuccessfully logging in to a DIFFERENT account on the EU server, where I got the 'still in maintenance' message because I forgot that was going on, and then switching to the NA server and also switching to another account, I now have to wait Five minutes. WHY???????

SERIOUSLY???????

What is going on here? This is so not cool.

(I mean really, don't you want to encourage people to waste time IN your game, not outside of it.)
    Edited by Aelthwyn on 4 April 2023 17:25
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ugh

Edited by tinythinker on 5 April 2023 00:15
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Bat
    Bat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious to know what was hotfixed in such a way that there needs to be a 3 minute cooldown on changing servers, without any context it all seems extremely arbitrary. The end result is a less enjoyable user experience.
  • DipItInCider
    DipItInCider
    ✭✭✭
    I can log on either E/U or N/A but, when I switch to E/U from N/A or N/A from E/U I have to close it then start the launcher and try it several times just to log in the game...It is getting old. This started after the patch.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can log on either E/U or N/A but, when I switch to E/U from N/A or N/A from E/U I have to close it then start the launcher and try it several times just to log in the game...It is getting old. This started after the patch.

If you wait 3 minutes you will be able to log in to the other server - there was a hotfix applied to have a pause on console and PC when swapping from one to the other
    Soupy twist
  • DipItInCider
    DipItInCider
    ✭✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »

If you wait 3 minutes you will be able to log in to the other server - there was a hotfix applied to have a pause on console and PC when swapping from one to the other

Hmm interesting but,WHY????????????????????????????????????????????
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »

Hmm interesting but,WHY????????????????????????????????????????????

I can only say...because....stuff :D I don't think it was mentioned why it needed to happen
    Soupy twist
  • rotten333
    rotten333
    ✭✭
    This thread is old.. I have this issue today
  • Gabbagul
    Gabbagul
    ✭✭✭
    This is exactly how I would get players to never log in to more than one server. I can't imagine a more likely outcome from this. I wanted to branch out to begin playing EU this week. Umm... nope.
  • Aniagan
    Aniagan
    Soul Shriven
    Adding myself to the list of people who do NOT think this makes for any better experience. It has been extremally frustrating.

First because the error message didn't explain this new arbitrary 'rule,' and tries to gaslight me into thinking it might be my computer acting up. This isn't the way to handle a change of policy.

Now that I know the 'rule' it just sounds like something added simply to add frustration to my day. The 'explanation' provided is unsatisfactory and nonsensical, so to me it's missing.
  • Ttree
    Ttree
    ✭✭✭
    23/ 05 / 2023 I have this issue today not good you are getting my sub by a hairs breath so close to closing down this 4 year old account

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this discussion is a few months old and the server issue has been resolved, we are going to close this thread from further comments.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.