The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question relating to the Ragpicker.

MagicalLija
MagicalLija
✭✭✭✭✭
Does deconstructing with her yield the same results as using a table or less?
Edited by ZOS_Kraken on 17 March 2023 14:58
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The same, it uses your skill level, she is just a portable deconstruct table
    Soupy twist
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »

Unfortunately that makes her useless for me, because only one of my characters has crafting levelled up, so all the rest pass items through the bank to him to deconstruct.

But I suppose that's a good thing in a way, it's not a problem for me to do that and it means it's one less thing I'm tempted to buy.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love Gilidil as a one stop decon station. Though I only have one crafter, the rest of my characters have basic support skills. This means level 32 and 3 skill points into the decon skills for wood, metal, cloth, jewels. Not a big investment once an alt has their basic combat skills.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on 15 March 2023 18:33
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »

Unfortunately that makes her useless for me, because only one of my characters has crafting levelled up, so all the rest pass items through the bank to him to deconstruct.

But I suppose that's a good thing in a way, it's not a problem for me to do that and it means it's one less thing I'm tempted to buy.

I was the same. I use her now as I was given her, putting crafting passives into the characters I use most often. Both ways of going about deconstructables work well.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ll tell you tomorrow. I’m waiting for Aderene.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I waited until the decon assistant was on sale before I bought her. And I'm sooooo glad I did eventually buy her, because she has been such a wonderful godsend! :)
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I don't understand. She's available on all characters when bought, like the banker. And you don't have to be levelled in crafting to get the mats from deconstruction if you are over CP 160. What am I missing, because I have only have one master crafter as well, but no issues with the ragpicker.
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Giladil is convenient if you want a one-stop deconstruction station with no fuss that uses your passives. She also counts towards deconstruction endeavors which require a table and can be placed within your home. The only problem however is the price which is more than a flipping DLC... I would definitely wait for assistants to go on sale since it is highway robbery for a feature that should have been obtainable in game like Pirharri was.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i decon on all of my characters, i much prefer doing that than using the merchant to sell junk lol

the decon assistant is just insanely convenient and probably the best assistant besides the banker for me

the merchant assistant is ok for selling vendor food junk, but it falls way behind by being unable to repair your gear (heck i would have it repair my gear even if it cost 3x as much as a normal merchant just for the convenience factor)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does use all passives and CP bonuses AND it does all of them all at once. What I mean is that it's a one page menu for all of the tables at once. It also sorts gear based on likeliness to decomp e.g meaning ornate gear is at the bottom. It is a one-stop shop for decomposing. I personally got it particularly because it can be used anywhere, but I actually like it better even when I am standing literally right in front of crafting tables because of the superior interface.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 15 March 2023 21:49
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't understand. She's available on all characters when bought, like the banker. And you don't have to be levelled in crafting to get the mats from deconstruction if you are over CP 160. What am I missing, because I have only have one master crafter as well, but no issues with the ragpicker.

She doesn’t grant decon passives account-wide. So if 17 of 18 characters don’t have decon passives, you might want to transfer items to the one who does to ensure you get the most mats out of your stuff. It doesn’t apply to intricates, as far as I can tell, but the extraction passives and meticulous disassembly CP do increase your chances of trait mats, style mats, and upgrade mats from deconning other gear. That can add up quite a bit, especially when deconning jewelry and purple/gold gear.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i decon on all of my characters, i much prefer doing that than using the merchant to sell junk lol

the decon assistant is just insanely convenient and probably the best assistant besides the banker for me

the merchant assistant is ok for selling vendor food junk, but it falls way behind by being unable to repair your gear (heck i would have it repair my gear even if it cost 3x as much as a normal merchant just for the convenience factor)

For me, it's Decon > Merchant > Banker. The Decon assistant is great for reclaiming inventory space in the middle of questing or dungeons. The Merchant is great for selling any poisons, food and drink, or "treasure" items I picked up while looting. And the Banker is great for storing any maps, recipes, plans, etc.-- if I have available bank space, which is something I'm always running short on.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love Gilidil as a one stop decon station. Though I only have one crafter, the rest of my characters have basic support skills. This means level 32 and 3 skill points into the decon skills for wood, metal, cloth, jewels. Not a big investment once an alt has their basic combat skills.

Yeah, I always level up my Blacksmithing, Clothing, Jewelry and Woodworking skill lines on alts and put points into decon and raising the source node levels so that I get highest level materials from all nodes to sell through guild stores.

When leveling a new character, I normally end up leveling all those skill lines just by deconning drops.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @virtus753 Oh, okay. Got it. I honestly never paid attention to the raw mats like rubedite ore when I deconned. But I do pay attention to things like chromium grains, rosin, etc. and I feel like I was getting the same amount/rng on those. Abd that is on the characters who max the passives for things like "temper expertise" while leaving the corresponding trait for "metalworking" at 1/10.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having just acquired Aderene, I have one complaint. If I can drag and drop her onto a vacant slot on my quick wheel, why can’t I do that through the right-click menu?

I like Aderene’s voice, and the number of lines of dialog she has. I don’t have a Giladil to compare, but it’s more than you get with bankers and merchants, at least the early ones. Again, I don’t have the crows or factotums for comparison.
  • CasimarRis
    CasimarRis
    ✭✭
    Quick question about Aderene, Fargrave Dregs Dealer. Is this a breakdown station like GIladil? The info says trade items for useful materials, but Giladil says crafting materials. So does Aderene breakdown weapon and armor?
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CasimarRis wrote: »
    Quick question about Aderene, Fargrave Dregs Dealer. Is this a breakdown station like GIladil? The info says trade items for useful materials, but Giladil says crafting materials. So does Aderene breakdown weapon and armor?

Yes its another deconstructor. I bought it because there aren't many Dremora humanoids you can place in your home. With the two new character slots, having a decon on the go to level their professions up from anywhere.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Quick question about Aderene, Fargrave Dregs Dealer. Is this a breakdown station like GIladil?(...)
    Yes.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • CasimarRis
    CasimarRis
    ✭✭

Yes its another deconstructor. I bought it because there aren't many Dremora humanoids you can place in your home. With the two new character slots, having a decon on the go to level their professions up from anywhere.
    Quick question about Aderene, Fargrave Dregs Dealer. Is this a breakdown station like GIladil?(...)
    Yes.

Thank you, I was waiting to buy until I saw it in action. But now I know it does the same I can get it. I forgot to try it out on the PTS when I had the chance.
  • ZOS_Kraken
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes its another deconstructor. I bought it because there aren't many Dremora humanoids you can place in your home.

Same here. Can confirm.
  • Uudrost
    Uudrost
    ✭✭
    I justify buying assistants if they DO something others can't (not because they appear and speak differently).
    I'm disappointed that Aderene, other than being a Dremora, does nothing Gilidil can't do as a deconstructor.
    It did not seem clear when I purchased Aderene.
    I've played ESO for 5 years and it's been a good game overall.
    But this is the second time I've been disappointed buying an assistant that seems to add some new functionality and really does nothing new other than present a different appearance.
    It's kind of like pharmaceutical companies that take the same drug, rename it, change its shape and then market it as something new.
    In a few words, if two assistants are functionally the same than ESO should state this.

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uudrost wrote: »
    I justify buying assistants if they DO something others can't (not because they appear and speak differently).
    I'm disappointed that Aderene, other than being a Dremora, does nothing Gilidil can't do as a deconstructor.
    It did not seem clear when I purchased Aderene.
    I've played ESO for 5 years and it's been a good game overall.
    But this is the second time I've been disappointed buying an assistant that seems to add some new functionality and really does nothing new other than present a different appearance.
    It's kind of like pharmaceutical companies that take the same drug, rename it, change its shape and then market it as something new.
    In a few words, if two assistants are functionally the same than ESO should state this.

it probably is unclear from the description in game

but thats how all of the previous assistants have been

we had the initial banker and merchant, then they introduced the new ones, but it was pretty clear early on that it was just a reskin which is why there have been numerous threads asking for the ability to either trade in owned assistants for another since functionally they are the same, or significantly reduce the cost of subsequent ones if you wanted to have multiple types for flavor

i kind of like the idea of the daedric decon assistant, as i would like that over the original, but the only thing that would likely cause me to buy another one would be a factotum/dwemer style one and then that would be it since im not spending $20 per assistant when they functionally do the same things
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I still think assistants should have been obtainable rewards like Pirharri, and then they could have just sold reskins for them in the crown store.
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭
    Deconstructing with Giladil and Aderene produces different sounds from the sounds of one-stop deconstruction station.
    I was used to the old sounds of one-stop deconstruction station.
    I dislike sounds of Giladil and Aderene.
    I avoid deconstructing with them two unless my inventory is too full.
    Mostly, if I deconstruct with one of them, those sounds remain permanently even when I later go to deconstruct in one-stop deconstruction station.
    The one-stop deconstruction station sounds will return to normal only upon logging out of the game, in the next time the game is restarted.
    Edited by Gandalf_72 on 22 June 2023 11:22
    PC | EU