The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Linking to steam not working after latest account maintenance, for everyone. Please fix this ASAP!

The_one_i_seek
The_one_i_seek
✭✭✭
few of my friend was not able to link their ESO account to Steam after latest account maintenance, they received error
"Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://account.elderscrollsonline.com/auth/steam/steam_complete?" on this server."

today i tried to create new ESO site account and link it to steam as well just to test and prove my theory
and received the same error. Support was not very helpful, they asked me to turn off antivirus/firewall, etc. while i have none

also they asked to add exceptions of steam.exe and eso64.exe to the AV software - its make no sense at all because error is on the site, in web browser, and no other exe files was involved, that makes me think Support had very low knowledge about how things work in Windows, lol

i think its global issue and latest account maintenance broked steam linking function for everyone

please fix this

also other users who had the same issue, please post in this topic, to gain more attention to this problem

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober
Edited by The_one_i_seek on 3 March 2023 14:55
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @The_one_i_seek

Could you provide us with your recent ticket number?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • The_one_i_seek
    The_one_i_seek
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    @The_one_i_seek

thats not about ticket number
    you can create new Zenimax site account without game purchase, then try to link it to the Steam account (just create any steam account) - you will receive the same error as anybody else, so it is not connected to only some accounts, it is global issue

my friend with the same issue(i am helping him to answer to support because he do not know what to do) has ticket number 230228-004789
  • The_one_i_seek
    The_one_i_seek
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin may be this issue just a side effect of another one
    ie

Forums can no longer be read unless you're logged in?
  • The_one_i_seek
    The_one_i_seek
    ✭✭✭
    @The_one_i_seek

just for the records i submitted a ticked as well
    230303-002639

but i believe its not connected with our accounts, but global bug

when anyone, i believe, will try to link their account to steam using Site button, they will receive this error
    2c4osH0.png
    mpadCuf.png

there is another way to link your account to steam, launch steam ESO game, in this case everyone, i believe, will receive next error:

KcaUDo8.jpg

yHzl8wZ.png

• Keygrim
    Keygrim
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Bill @The_one_i_seek

While I do not have a ticket number, I can confirm the same happening to me when trying to access my account page via steam. I get the same "Access Denied" error page.

Looking at the steam forums and reddit, there seem to be more people not able to log in this way.
  • The_one_i_seek
    The_one_i_seek
    ✭✭✭
    also i am wondering, is this normal that Zenimax Support sending surveys when ticket is not resolved yet? :/
    Edited by The_one_i_seek on 3 March 2023 19:12
  • The_one_i_seek
    The_one_i_seek
    ✭✭✭
    @The_one_i_seek

my friend with the same issue(i am helping him to answer to support because he do not know what to do) has ticket number 230228-004789

.... aaaand you just closed his ticket as duplicate, while it is not duplicate at all...
    Edited by The_one_i_seek on 3 March 2023 18:29
  • BixenteN7Akantor
    BixenteN7Akantor
    ✭✭✭
    My Friend @Tilidouw also has this problem :/
  • ecsita_ESO
    ecsita_ESO
    ✭✭
    This has happened to me.

It seems to be a big thing.

230303-002316

It wont allow me to link to Steam I have a friend who JUST bought the game Via Steam and same problem.
  • The_one_i_seek
    The_one_i_seek
    ✭✭✭
    so, its not allowing to login into site account using steam login button also
  • ecsita_ESO
    ecsita_ESO
    ✭✭
    They messaged me yesterday stating to try again, I was able to link to Steam via incognito but my problem was slightly different than some of yours.
  • The_one_i_seek
    The_one_i_seek
    ✭✭✭
    looks like they fixed issue
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    For anyone still running into these linking issues on the website please let us know.
    Staff Post
  • jellevaneijkb16_ESO
    That would
    For anyone still running into these linking issues on the website please let us know.

That would be me. I reported the issue to the helpdesk 1 March. Ticket number 230301-004550. After 4 March i got no response anymore at all from ESO. And now my ESO + subscription ran out. Wasted about a week or so because of this issue which prevented me from playing.

The support i got has been EXTREMELY disappointing. At first i got a few messages back that were barey on topic, not helping and EXTREMELY slow. 24 hours in between (so 1 default response per day). Then after a few days muddling on i got pissed, and i got a message that it would be escalated to a more specialized team and i would hear again from ESO shortly......... And here we are, more then a week after the latest message. Still waiting (impatiently :-). I tried every so often to start the game to see if it was fixed without letting me know, by launching the ESO steam game client. And nope... stil not fixed.

After reading this forum post and your reply i tried to use the ESO website to link to my steam account and yes it did work. (But i had tried that in the first few days and i am sure i tried it about a week ago again by using the website instead of the client and it did not work then yet).

So, for everyone still runing into the issue. Try using the ESO website to link to your steam account instead of using the steam client.

For ESO themself: 2 things: 1.The issue is partly fixed. people just using the game client still run into a wall. 2. Do something about your support system. It is completely useless as you can see above. Add at least some sort of escalation ability to be able to get some response to the tickets we submit.

3. i would appreciate to get a refund on my ESO + subscription time wasted.

Regards,

Jelle
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @jellevaneijkb16_ESO

Your ticket 230301-004550 is still open and the latest reply has been received. An agent will respond back to further assist. Please be aware that support is experiencing high volume leading to some delays.
    Staff Post
  • hellraiser_2011
    hellraiser_2011
    Soul Shriven
    Did anyone manage to fix this issue? im having it too, im trying to link my new ESO account to Steam and it wont let me.

t6imfq9aeza1.png

EDIT: i submitted a ticket to ZOS in-game and requested to unlink the ESO account from my Steam account so that i could link it again using my other ESO account.

I hope this helps.
    Edited by hellraiser_2011 on 19 February 2024 18:16
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @ancelot_2011

Do you have your support ticket number?

We can check on the current ticket status.
    Staff Post
  • hellraiser_2011
    hellraiser_2011
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_Bill , The issue has been resolved, i have my new account linked to Steam now, thanks for asking.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @ancelot_2011

Thank you for the update. We are glad to hear back that the issue is resolved.
    Staff Post