The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Train more... Harder... And better. 2bars World Records

Red_chimera_oni
Red_chimera_oni
✭✭✭
Do you see any Oakensoul builds in there?
So... 2bar players have to train more and better or ZoS should nerf 2bars?
Cuz oakensoul builds can't do this.

vCR+3
vSS HM
vDSR
vMoL
vHRC
vSO
vRG
vAA
vKA
vHoF
Ps. Videos can be outdated now and maybe someone have make better. This was only a fast search to prove: Bad fake top players are the problem not people who use oakensoul builds.
You 2bars players have all opportunities to make better then they. We oakensoul users will not be so good as this guys.
And because you can't be better with 2bars... You ask nerf oakensoul? Sad.

You can be better and stronger. We can't!
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on 13 March 2023 23:01
  • Zezin
    Zezin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Yulan_ wrote: »

vCR+3
    vSS HM
    vDSR
    vMoL
    vHRC
    vSO
    vRG
    vAA
    vKA
    vHoF
    Ps. Im one phone... Videos can be outdated now. And maybe someone have make better. This was only a fast search to prove: Bad fake top players are the problem. Not people who use oakensoul builds.

It's easy to look at the extreme top and think that everyone on 2 bar builds is doing this kind of damage, the reality is that 90% of players that use 2 bars are currently underperforming compared to HA builds and that is ultimately why I believe it will be nerfed. There's currently very little incentive into building a two bar build if you're a new player for example, the game gives you too much on HA currently, the problem isn't even oakensoul it's empower, there's no other buff in the game that comes even close to the honestly ridiculous tooltip of 80% increased damage it gives.

what people don't realise is that you can do a HA build on for example DK or Templar(you can use other classes too by using mages guild skills or having a group member provide you the buff) and get the same numbers, with using a single bar and not using oakensoul, that's all empower.
  • Heelie
    Heelie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can show links too, all top DPS parses in AS are all Oakensoul builds.

https://www.esologs.com/zone/rankings/7#boss=23
    Most OwOrated healer of all time
  • Red_chimera_oni
    Red_chimera_oni
    ✭✭✭
    Zezin wrote: »
    It's easy to look at the extreme top and think that everyone on 2 bar builds is doing this kind of damage, the reality is that 90% of players that use 2 bars are currently underperforming compared to HA builds and that is ultimately why I believe it will be nerfed. There's currently very little incentive into building a two bar build if you're a new player for example, the game gives you too much on HA currently, the problem isn't even oakensoul it's empower, there's no other buff in the game that comes even close to the honestly ridiculous tooltip of 80% increased damage it gives.

what people don't realise is that you can do a HA build on for example DK or Templar(you can use other classes too by using mages guild skills or having a group member provide you the buff) and get the same numbers, with using a single bar and not using oakensoul, that's all empower.

It's easy for any player with 2bars be better then anyone with one bar. All point in here!

• Red_chimera_oni
    Red_chimera_oni
    ✭✭✭
    Heelie wrote: »

They did better then? https://youtu.be/YOCaGj1rWtM
  • Heelie
    Heelie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

in theory if 9 dds did the same damage as the top parse then yes.
  • Zezin
    Zezin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's easy for any player with 2bars be better then anyone with one bar. All point in here!

why yes please go ahead and ignore everything I said LoL, goodbye.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is bringing up the whole oak build thing. I thought it was in a good place now. Why the controversy?
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭

vCR+3
    vSS HM
    vDSR
    vMoL
    vHRC
    vSO
    vRG
    vAA
    vKA
    vHoF
    Ps. Videos can be outdated now and maybe someone have make better. This was only a fast search to prove: Bad fake top players are the problem not people who use oakensoul builds.
    You 2bars players have all opportunities to make better then they. We oakensoul users will not be so good as this guys.
    And because you can't be better with 2bars... You ask nerf oakensoul? Sad.

You can be better and stronger. We can't!

With every mythic there's a downside. Oakensoul's downside is that you can only use one bar. In return you get loads of buffs. You can't also expect to get the same DPS or utility as a character with double the skill options.
  • Red_chimera_oni
    Red_chimera_oni
    ✭✭✭

in theory if 9 dds did the same damage as the top parse then yes.

In theory oakensoul builds are the strongest of all builds. And that's why peopla ask for nerf.
    [snip]
    I agree with you. In theory... Its all so beutifull.

[edited for rude/insulting comment]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on 13 March 2023 13:01
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Succuby
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • Dragonredux
    Dragonredux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    What is bringing up the whole oak build thing. I thought it was in a good place now. Why the controversy?

Forum PvP out in full force today.
  • Liguar
    Liguar
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's easy to look at the extreme top and think that everyone on 2 bar builds is doing this kind of damage, the reality is that 90% of players that use 2 bars are currently underperforming compared to HA builds and that is ultimately why I believe it will be nerfed.

That may be true, but does it really seem reasonable that a build should be nerfed because other people choose to use the more complicated LA weaving mechanic? Whether they execute it perfectly or not, I'm not sure that it's a great idea to balance other builds around the fact that a chunk of players aren't enjoying their LA builds.

edit: What i mean to say is that possibly, rather than ruining someone else's day they could help the ones that are struggling and make the 2 bar builds a teeny bit more forgiving for imperfect weavers. Live and let live and all that jazz.
    Edited by Liguar on 13 March 2023 13:03
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I sense shenanigans behind the reason for the OP's post. Oakensoul is in a good place in the damage vs ease of access tradeoff, much better than it was during the PTS and launch of the mythic. Pro and anti Oakensoul threads seem to be the flavor of the month right now on the forums.
  • Zezin
    Zezin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liguar wrote: »
    It's easy to look at the extreme top and think that everyone on 2 bar builds is doing this kind of damage, the reality is that 90% of players that use 2 bars are currently underperforming compared to HA builds and that is ultimately why I believe it will be nerfed.

That may be true, but does it really seem reasonable that a build should be nerfed because other people choose to use a the more complicated LA weaving mechanic? Whether they execute it perfectly or not, I'm not sure that it's a great idea to balance other builds around the fact that a chunk of players aren't enjoying their LA builds.

it's not even about weaving, it's skill use in general, there's... a lot less of it, after HA builds, Weaving has been nerfed to a point where it's really not that important anymore the damage is negligible in most cases, the only thing that is propping up light attacks currently is the sets that use it.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don’t base anything off of scorepushing. Scorepushing is the very, very top. They have such skill and knowledge of the game it’s not even accessible for most 2-bar players to get the scores they do… and that’s fine. You don’t get any benefit out of beating the world record except fame.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Red_chimera_oni
    Red_chimera_oni
    ✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    Don’t base anything off of scorepushing. Scorepushing is the very, very top. They have such skill and knowledge of the game it’s not even accessible for most 2-bar players to get the scores they do… and that’s fine. You don’t get any benefit out of beating the world record except fame.

Can we oakensoul users be one day so good as they? Can we? No.
    Anyplayer with 2bars can.

We oakensoul users only have more DPS then fake top players. Any player, any with 2bars can be better then oakensoul users. Anyone!

Edited by Red_chimera_oni on 13 March 2023 13:55
  • Zezin
    Zezin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure if you're just trying to get people to be angry or what, any player can be as good as world record score pushing players? seriously?
  • Heelie
    Heelie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We oakensoul users only have more DPS then fake top players. Any player, any with 2bars can be better then oakensoul users. Anyone!

obviously two bar can't be better if they don't have top parse in AS, so point does not stand.
  • Red_chimera_oni
    Red_chimera_oni
    ✭✭✭

I'm not sure if you're just trying to get people to be angry or what, any player can be as good as world record score pushing players? seriously?

Yes. Why not?!
    I have problems in hands. And that's why i cant use or make perfect rotation. So i use and i love Oakensoul... they call me "brainless"

If anyone dont have any problem... why you can't be so good as they? Why not? They are gods? They are and will be allways better then me. That's why i use 1barbuild and im very happy with that.
    But why can't you? You have any kind of limitation? Use oakensoul if you wish.. or dont...
    [snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Kraken on 13 March 2023 14:13
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    thorwyn wrote: »
    Hi Succuby

It will be ban speedrun.
  • Wolfshade
    Wolfshade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn`t like this point of oaken-casual gameplay with 3 (nw) to 6 (eso) skills. For me this isnt an mmo-gameplay. But we need to notice, even in upcoming mmo`s, that they are all reduce the skills. What is better? I hope that two bars will always bring the better/higher/advantages then just a controller-casual-gameplay.

However, barswapping with oakensould, even out of combat, should be a absolut nogo!
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    search to prove: Bad fake top players are the problem. Not people who use oakensoul builds.

It's easy to look at the extreme top and think that everyone on 2 bar builds is doing this kind of damage, the reality is that 90% of players that use 2 bars are currently underperforming compared to HA builds and that is ultimately why I believe it will be nerfed. There's currently very little incentive into building a two bar build if you're a new player for example, .[/quote]

Honestly, if you can get yourself anOakensoul ring you are not a new player!
  • Red_chimera_oni
    Red_chimera_oni
    ✭✭✭

I really undestand you. Ask to nerf Oakensoul is way more simple and easy. This way players with bad rotation can stay bad aslong they are stronger then 1bar builds.
    Edited by Red_chimera_oni on 13 March 2023 15:36
  • Katlefiya
    Katlefiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

6k1vfmhqz1go.gif
  • Zezin
    Zezin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Deter1UK something funky going on with your quote there, I didn't write that.
    Edited by Zezin on 13 March 2023 15:49
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They are asking for oakensoul nerfs due to the fact that it renders the adverage player basically moot as you are now capable of surpassing them with a build/gameplay style that requires only 1/10th of the effort and skill investment to achieve, which inturn has made them salty over their wasted time
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol. Oakensoul builds seem about right. Its great that doing more content (such as vet trials) is opened up to more players. And as noted, experienced players with 2 bar builds can still out dps an Oakensoul build.

btw the link to the top dps on Asylum Sanctorum for Firesong only has 7/10 top dps as sorcs. And its nice for more players to be able to get the best skin in the game. :)

And if people are salty about the investment they made in a build only to have ZoS bring out the next thing that makes it redundant, you'd better get used to it. ZoS are always doing this and countless amounts of feedback hasn't stopped them.
  • WinterHeart626
    WinterHeart626
    ✭✭✭✭
    All I’ve been reading into the “nerf HA builds” arguments is the following.
    - we want vet trial content to become exclusive again. (You can’t deny this, there are multiple guilds with parse requirements of 70k plus for a vet trial, I even saw a guild state 75k for a vSS training run) you’re advocating for the new sudden surge of previously denied access to trial content players be once again shoved down into the mud, once again stagnating the games endgame into elite little cliques.
    - - afore mentioned point above- the two bar elite also don’t like seeing those “plebeians” who were forced to basically “suck it up” and deal with the brags.
    - essentially, what it’s boiled down to, from my understanding is veteran trials should be exclusively for the elite players who want to brag.

On topic- yes, two bars hit harder than one, the rotations a killer. I parsed 48k on a twin bar only to not be able to play for 3 days (yay for bad hand), got 88k on a HA build, yay! I can get into content, oh wait, the gatekeepers are here.
  • Auldwulfe
    Auldwulfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here we go again...

Of course, the FACT that you can build a heavy attack build, without Oakensoul, and get the same damage with the same effort is completely wasted in the Crusade that these people are on, to take away from others, as a means of covering their own inadequacy.

Every time I see a "nerf Oakensoul" comment, what I read is that the person is unable to compete, and wants the rules changed for them......

Auldwulfe