The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is there a server problem - PC/NA ??

agelonestar
agelonestar
✭✭✭✭✭
Is there a server problem on PC/NA?

I keep getting Error 103, Failed to obtain server connection information.

No problem with PC/EU.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on 22 February 2023 16:20
GM of Sunfire's Sect trading guild on PC/EU. All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost...... some of us are just looking for trouble.
GM of Sunfire's Sect (Open) & Dark Star Rising (Priv) | Retired GM of several trade guilds | Trader | Here since the beta
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Exactly. Been that way for hours. I don't know how no one is bannering that issue yet.
  • agelonestar
    agelonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_Kevin any chance someone could take a look?

Much obliged :)
    GM of Sunfire's Sect trading guild on PC/EU. All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost...... some of us are just looking for trouble.
    GM of Sunfire's Sect (Open) & Dark Star Rising (Priv) | Retired GM of several trade guilds | Trader | Here since the beta
  • Warwolf
    Warwolf
    Unexpected error on NA ...EU no probs . (PC)
    Edited by Warwolf on 20 February 2023 17:53
  • Thrudra_Magia
    Thrudra_Magia
    ✭✭✭
    I have three accounts and two can log into the EU server. My main account is getting the 103 error on EU only. I am able to log in to NA on all three accts.

EDIT: I left it alone for a few hours and I can connect.
    Edited by Thrudra_Magia on 20 February 2023 20:34
  • agelonestar
    agelonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weird..... seems very sporadic.
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    I reset my cable modem... got in after so it might be coincidence or some DNS caching clogging things up. Just food for thought for others with the issue.
  • Warwolf
    Warwolf
    That was weird ...suddenly when i tried to start again , the anywhere laucher install started ..and it fixed my problem ..
    Surprised but happy my problem is solved :)
  • Czeri
    Czeri
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was able to log in to NA 2 hours ago, but now I keep getting error 103. EU was fine.
    Edited by Czeri on 20 February 2023 20:40
  • joergino
    joergino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's exactly the same for me. For a change, it's PC EU that's not impossible to log in to.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi all. If you are getting an error, could you please note what the error says? We can take that back to the team for investigation. For example, @Czeri noted error 103 as an issue. Having that info would be helpful. Thanks!
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • joergino
    joergino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For some reason, my secondary account got in on its NA branch only minutes ago, but my main account's NA dependance keeps getting this error:

Error 103 (4:5:289:0)
    Failed to obtain server connection information.

To me, this sounds like to the client, the server simply ceased to exist.
    Edited by joergino on 20 February 2023 21:05
  • Gnesnig
    Gnesnig
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi all. If you are getting an error, could you please note what the error says? We can take that back to the team for investigation. For example, @Czeri noted error 103 as an issue. Having that info would be helpful. Thanks!

Error 103 (4:5:289:0), failed to obtain connection information. PC Eu after logging out NA.

Quit client. Restart launcher. Restart via launcher. Same issue.

Reconnect to NA: works.
  • rihannsu528
    rihannsu528
    Soul Shriven
    I just had the same issue but with EU only. Strangely I was able to log on EU with one account with no issue then logged to NA on that account. But then after that I was only able to log on to NA on any account. the error the same reported above
    Error 103 (4:5:289:0), Failed to obtain connection information

ETA: I have also gotten that same error on logging OUT from NA. I have restarted the launcher and also tried restarting my computer as well and it made no difference.
    Edited by rihannsu528 on 20 February 2023 22:39
  • SniperDaria
    SniperDaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    mlo3q6smfg67.png
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mlo3q6smfg67.png

Are you sure you have a valid internet connection?
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin I'm getting this error at the moment while trying to get into PC EU. All was fine on PC NA for me moments ago.

"Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • whitewolf2010
    whitewolf2010
    Soul Shriven
    Same as others getting error #103 when trying to log into NA. EU login has no problems.
    in-game account name is @whitewolf2010
    Edited by whitewolf2010 on 21 February 2023 00:01
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All, along with confirming if you have the Error 103 happening, could you let me know what your in-game account name is? The team is investigating and having access to the account name is helpful for testing.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In game account name = @LonePirate
    PC NA
    Error 103 (4:5:289:0)
    Failed to obtain server connection information

I can log into PC EU with no problems. This is PC NA only for me.
  • Hoghorn
    Hoghorn
    ✭✭✭
    @Hoghorn, played NA this morning, switched to EU for a bit, problem manifested when i tried to log in again on NA; resolved by itself after maybe an hour? some details obscured by disgust
  • Hoghorn
    Hoghorn
    ✭✭✭
    mlo3q6smfg67.png

Are you sure you have a valid internet connection?

do you think that every one of the players in this thread describing the exact same issue do not have an internet connection?
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC NA (no Steam) here and have had no trouble getting in/out of game all day. I feel badly for those having problems though and hope the source of the problem some are having can be found and fixed quickly.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • gw2only1b14_ESO
    gw2only1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thas odd was it all players coming from EU server to Play on NA PC servers?
  • coulterk
    coulterk
    ✭✭
    I logged into NA OK. Then swapped to EU and got:

Error 103
    Failed to obtain server connection information

Swapping back to NA works

username is coulterk
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have just tried to log in on PC NA. Failed 7 times Log in error 103. I can get into PC EU no problem.

Game name Elissathea.
  • SkorosMindkiller
    SkorosMindkiller
    ✭✭✭
    Also getting 103. I logged on EU to check if I picked up the daily reward for yesterday, now I get 103 on NA.

cleared dns, rebooted router, rebooted modem

@Sir_Twist

from dns cache:
    live-services.elderscrollsonline.com
    Record Name . . . . . : live-services.elderscrollsonline.com
    Record Type . . . . . : 1
    Time To Live . . . . : 35
    Data Length . . . . . : 4
    Section . . . . . . . : Answer
    A (Host) Record . . . : 198.20.198.110

Finally got in 9:15 pm. This dns entry is the same, so I guess it has nothing to do with the problem.
    Edited by SkorosMindkiller on 21 February 2023 02:19
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks everyone. We are continuing to investigate, but your updates have helped in narrowing down what’s going on.
    Staff Post
  • bachpain
    bachpain
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be hard to post in the forums without a valid internet connection no?
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Connetion errors while server hopping?

Error 103: failed to obtain server connection information.

When I looked up this error it also means there are a large amount of logins happening at once. Otherwise it means the server is not available.

When I read through this discussion I noticed players are attempting to log into other game servers. For example: PC/EU player trying to log into PC/NA server or someone from PC/NA trying to log in to the PC/EU server. Then the connection error occurs.

The longer the distance between the server and the personal computer, the more time it takes for the information to travel.

I recommend to try to connect to a more local server instead of one that's far away 👍.
This discussion has been closed.