The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

What's the best YouTube channel for Elder Scrolls lore?

Seraphayel
Seraphayel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Title.

I would love to dig deeper into Elder Scrolls (Online) lore and that's why I am looking for good YouTube channels that cover this topic - any recommendations?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on 8 February 2022 13:38
PS5
EU
Aldmeri Dominion
- Khajiit Arcanist -
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess if you want to cover more of a general topics and themes can try something like fudgemuppet or how they're called. If you have some idea already you can try a memospore channel which is more like a discussion club but they're going deeper into psychological and theological stuff etc. if that's something you're interested in.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Here is a list of the ones I enjoy most. Enjoy...
    Imperial Knowledge
    Camelworks
    Shoddy Cast
    Zaric Zhakaron
    Mr.Rhexx
    Lady of Scrolls
    The Exploring Series (Exploring Elder Scrolls)
    Double Negative
    FudgeMuppet
    TheEpicNate
    Whitefox
    ESO - (They are just a streamer and not a part of ZoS)

I recommend any of these Tamrielians for their lore knowledge.
    Hope this helps....
    Huzzah!

PS... I apologize if I missed anyone.. :)
    Edited by wenchmore420b14_ESO on 7 February 2022 17:07
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • drsalvation
    drsalvation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a history channel called Kings and Generals which makes cool documentaries on ancient generals, which is pretty cool.
    They just made a new channel (well, a couple of months ago) called Wizards and Warriors, which uses the same format they have for their history documentaries for fantasy documentaries, it's fairly new, but the way they made the lore from elder scrolls from the beginning of times, through Alessia's liberation of Cyrodiil and the rise of tiber septim in a documentary with awesome graphics is really a channel worth keeping in mind. They did game of thrones and the witcher too.

Not sure if I can post links
    com/c/WizardsandWarriors
  • LightningWitch
    LightningWitch
    ✭✭✭
    If you want extensive lore, there's nothing better than https://uesp.net.

No videos, but thousands of pages of lore at your finger tips. Most of it is concise enough to read, and if you want to lose yourself for a day or month, you surely can. The rabbit holes get deep thanks to links.

Run by fans for fans, I wouldn't be one bit surprised if the devs at Zenimax and Bethesda go there to research their own lore. :lol:
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you want extensive lore, there's nothing better than https://uesp.net.

No videos, but thousands of pages of lore at your finger tips. Most of it is concise enough to read, and if you want to lose yourself for a day or month, you surely can. The rabbit holes get deep thanks to links.

Run by fans for fans, I wouldn't be one bit surprised if the devs at Zenimax and Bethesda go there to research their own lore. :lol:

Another link to go with UESP is https://www.imperial-library.info/
    They have collected every in game book, essays, etc on TES since 1998.
    Both are great references that I use all the time.
    :)
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

• colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would agree that last posts are much more useful for that kind of information than any video format out there. You can find literally everything ever being available and more, for sure eso devs also going there for the info as there's probably no other source like those, a lot of people aren't in company anymore to be contacted.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do read wikis too, but I’d prefer to have the general information more condensed and presented in a video.

Thank you for all the suggestions, I’ll check them out!
    Edited by Seraphayel on 7 February 2022 18:46
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is a list of the ones I enjoy most. Enjoy...
    Imperial Knowledge
    Camelworks
    Shoddy Cast
    Zaric Zhakaron
    Mr.Rhexx
    Lady of Scrolls
    The Exploring Series (Exploring Elder Scrolls)
    Double Negative
    FudgeMuppet
    TheEpicNate
    Whitefox
    ESO - (They are just a streamer and not a part of ZoS)

I recommend any of these Tamrielians for their lore knowledge.
    Hope this helps....
    Huzzah!

PS... I apologize if I missed anyone.. :)

I just subbed to half of these channels. Man, when do I have time to watch all these videos AND read UESP. Help.

Thank you.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Your Welcome.
    I have been a TES "Lore Nerd" since TES3.
    What's fun is when you watch a lore vid and catch them wrong on something! Lol.. :)
    Enjoy your journey into the massive lore of TES.
    Huzzah!
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS

• Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I realy like imperial knowlege, fudgemupet and camelworks, the former having some great "map video showing the event of some major conflics like the great ware or the disaster at ionith in a map format with troops movement and all.
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's only one Elder Lore Podcast up on YouTube, but the series is on Apple podcasts:
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/elder-lore/id522243776
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11q7ciV0oS0
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fugemuppet
    ESO

Are by far superior to all.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fugemuppet
    ESO

Do you have a link to the ESO channel? I cannot find them.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Fugemuppet
    ESO

https://www.youtube.com/c/MyTopGame
    Here you go!
    Huzzah!
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS

• Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Fugemuppet
    ESO

https://www.youtube.com/c/MyTopGame
    Here you go!
    Huzzah!

Thank you!
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Miragent
    Miragent
    ✭✭✭
    Young Scrolls.
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some odd and overlooked Lore tidbits talked about by the user Leftover Pat.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • Aramithius
    Aramithius
    ✭✭
    The best way to get the lore is to read the in-game books, and synthesise them yourself. The wikis are summaries, and although many are quite reliable, they are always susceptible to error. However, they are most often referenced, and so you can check their claims to see if they're accurate.

YouTube videos quite often cover over this ambiguity, and don't often present sources very well. The only ones I can't reliably pick holes in are Imperial Knowledge and LadyofScrolls.

There are also a bunch of Elder Scrolls lore podcasts out there, if that's your fancy. They are generally better at citing their sources than YouTube, although there are exceptions. To the best of my knowledge, these are all of them:

The Elder Scrolls Lorecast* is decent for basic coverage of topics, with one per episode. The early episodes had a few errors, but that's less frequent now.

The Loreseekers Podcast is now over, but what there is there is good. It covers ESO games news and finish with a "lore lesson" on something. The lore lessons are quite short, and with very occasional mistakes, but very engaging.

The Elder Lore Podcast is old (last updated 2012), but what is there is good. May leave some newer stuff out (particularly ESO, which has added a lot), but gives a good grounding.

Fudgemuppet do an Elder Scrolls lore podcast, which is good. Unlike their YouTube videos, the podcast is much better at acknowledging where they're uncertain or is just their opinion, which is helpful. Occasional errors, but nothing huge, and quite unstructured, so maybe not for total beginners' lore.

The Quill and Vial covers one obscure lore topic and one alchemical lore topic per episode, along with news for the franchise. A little bit of an irregular schedule at the moment.

The Selectives Lorecast** is a bunch of people who know the lore well taking about the obscure parts of the lore. Probably the best out there for depth of ideas, although not what I'd call a beginner podcast.

Written in Uncertainty** looks at a particular question each episode, digging into the deeper side of the lore, quoting sources etc. There are text summaries and blog articles to with it, but the website fell over and I haven't got round to putting them all back there yet.

The Tamrielic Adventures podcast covers basic topics as well as taking a bit of actual play. Some errors in the early episodes, haven checked many of the latter ones.

The Daedric Podcast is a very casual discussion of the lore, to the point where it's not too useful to newcomers, in my opinion.

* Part of a podcast network I'm part of.
    ** A show I'm part of, or run.

My perspectives on those may be biased.
    Edited by Aramithius on 17 April 2022 14:33
    Host of the Written in Uncertainty podcast, and regular participant in the Selectives Lorecast.
    Officer of the PC-EU chapter of the Loreseekers guild.