The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nice Quality of Life Change: Make siege stack

• DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    badmojo wrote: »
    Isnt it a technical limitation that they cant stack due to them having durability?

This.

Because the siege have their own life counter that doesn't reset even putting it away, they cannot stack.

I wish they did heal when putting them away. OR let you pay the siege merchant to fix the weapons in your inventory.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make siege stack
    erio wrote: »
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    erio wrote: »
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    Other than a few skills it is the highest damage from the safety of the wall. Sorry the math don’t lie.

That has like a 10 second cooldown, and can be easily avoided, can be purged, can be negated with siege shield, and its not an ability lol. If you die to siege thats a l2p issue

When the red telegraph doesn’t appear and you get hit with 3-4 at 8k a piece, yeah it’s a l2p issue. Lol keep trolling, it’s a different word when you get off the wall and actually play the game.

No siege should be hitting you for 8k at once. 4-5k at most. If you have your red circles set to default that is a l2p issue lol. My sub assault hits harder lmao.

I regularly one-shot people for 26k with cold stone trebs. If they can't see or hear it coming, that's on them. But the damage is real.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Oakenaxe
    Oakenaxe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make siege stack
    Isnt it a technical limitation that they cant stack due to them having durability?

This.

Because the siege have their own life counter that doesn't reset even putting it away, they cannot stack.

I wish they did heal when putting them away. OR let you pay the siege merchant to fix the weapons in your inventory.

You can heal them with siege repair kits. The solution is to stack only the ones that are at full health.
    a.k.a. Leo
    non-native English speaker
    200-300 ping and low fps player
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oakenaxe wrote: »

This.

You can heal them with siege repair kits. The solution is to stack only the ones that are at full health.

Yes I realize you can heal them with repair kits (duh). But that requires you to sit one up. Fire it. Repair repair repair. Fire it. Repair repair repair. Fire it. Etc.

It will be nice if I could go to the gate siege merchant and pay x gold to repair all siege.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make siege stack
    Oakenaxe wrote: »

This.

Yes I realize you can heal them with repair kits (duh). But that requires you to sit one up. Fire it. Repair repair repair. Fire it. Repair repair repair. Fire it. Etc.

It will be nice if I could go to the gate siege merchant and pay x gold to repair all siege.

Or have a special npc at the gate to do that.

that way keeping an open port to your gate is just a little more important.
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • Oakenaxe
    Oakenaxe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make siege stack
    I like this idea!
    a.k.a. Leo
    non-native English speaker
    200-300 ping and low fps player
  • spacefracking
    spacefracking
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make siege stack
    Indigogo wrote: »
    Honestly a tough one. Yes I would love it for me. Would hate my enemies being able to access like 100 ballista at every siege tho lol.
    The way it is means there's only so much a player can carry at a time and fights won't be endless.

Some men just want to see the world burn :(
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly a tough one. Yes I would love it for me. Would hate my enemies being able to access like 100 ballista at every siege tho lol.
    The way it is means there's only so much a player can carry at a time and fights won't be endless.

This brings up a valid point as to why they should remain as they are.

Also, they seem to be wear items which would indicate each has a unique identifier which is likely why they do not stack.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make siege stack

Good point but that becomes kind of moot when it deals with zerg fights, because even if a regular full group with 12 people and every person carrying say 5 siege, that means 60 siege alone in that group. If you go beyond that with say 20+ people carrying 5 siege, it's pretty much less and less relevant. Especially when one person can just leave and go to a resource that's about 30 second ride away from the keep and get more
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • Indigogo
    Indigogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No dont
    Oof, old thread? Lol

I pop up against these threads because I know I'd abuse it myself. Notorious for hiding in keeps and taking from the inner when it's safe, or just being a dead set pest to pull a faction off of us. Many, many times, the only thing that makes me have to leave is if I run out of siege.

So what the hey, siege for all. I have more ap than I can spend. Give us trolls endless capacity. Enjoy ;)
  • Indigogo
    Indigogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No dont
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »

Good point but that becomes kind of moot when it deals with zerg fights, because even if a regular full group with 12 people and every person carrying say 5 siege, that means 60 siege alone in that group. If you go beyond that with say 20+ people carrying 5 siege, it's pretty much less and less relevant. Especially when one person can just leave and go to a resource that's about 30 second ride away from the keep and get more

What about outposts though? No siege merchant nearby. Run out of siege at an outpost and it's game over.

But yes, not nearly a problem when you have full groups where ideally everyone has siege slotted (hello, ep, you listening - SLOT SIEGE).
    But not every campaign is that busy, not every fight that large.
    At a smaller siege, say 6 attackers to 3 defenders, if you slow down a siege and lose one or two who have to retreat to a rss, that will very often turn the tide.

I think a lot of people in favour of stacked siege have never had to fight outnumbered in smaller campaigns.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make siege stack
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »

What about outposts though? No siege merchant nearby. Run out of siege at an outpost and it's game over.

But yes, not nearly a problem when you have full groups where ideally everyone has siege slotted (hello, ep, you listening - SLOT SIEGE).
    But not every campaign is that busy, not every fight that large.
    At a smaller siege, say 6 attackers to 3 defenders, if you slow down a siege and lose one or two who have to retreat to a rss, that will very often turn the tide.

I think a lot of people in favour of stacked siege have never had to fight outnumbered in smaller campaigns.

I just like the convenience of not having to take up so much inventory space, though I personally don't siege much anyways since I primarily play solo in PVP(i'm usually the one getting sieged), but zerg fights are always long as hell no matter whether the inventory is stacked or not. I recall a keep defense happening where neither side could actually make a push and the fight lasting over an hour and it ONLY ended because my faction decided to pull off cause they spent an hour there and were losing all their keeps in the process of trying to take this one. Some big zerg fights can stalemate for awhile in some circumstances. I think it'd be a nice quality of life update
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade