Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Having 30 day campaigns are too long, they should be 4-6 hours long a day!

C0RTEX4
C0RTEX4
✭✭✭
They should make the campaign duration, similar to planet side 2, 4-6 hours long allowing for a window where players really need to earn emperorship and end this night capping, they should also additionally, add a feature that stops the emperor gaining emp once the player has been deposed, allowing for the next player below the previous emperor to automatically take emperorship when the faction captures all the required keeps. There you go an easy and completely logical but yet SIMPLE solution to a major issue that has kept pvp players broken for nearly 8 years.
Edited by ZOS_Lunar on 13 July 2021 12:42
  • Blacksmoke
    Blacksmoke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Just no on everything
    Champion point: 645
    Characters
    Ganlian Stormian - AD - Dungeon healer - Templar - Crafter
    Ondaril Stormian - AD - Trail DPS - Sorcerer
    Shagrod gro-Bolmog - AD - PVP - Dragonknight
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No they shouldn’t
  • zelaminator
    zelaminator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, to all of it
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, seen the alliances in Cyrodiil stalemate plenty of times, more often than not for longer than your proposed campaign duration.

Would also screw over people in other times zones since the campaign would be over or part way through before they have even logged in.

You want shorter duration PVP play battlegrounds.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have to center the 4-6 hour window on evening Tokyo time then because that's where I live.
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As someone who PvPs very rarely these days (like usually only during MYM, though during beta and early release I did a bunch of PvP), I've never understood the concept of "nightcapping". Like...people DO realize this game is played all around the world, and that players in other time zones play on NA, right? ESO is a 24/7 game, how can a concept like nightcapping exist when there are people whose daytime is our nighttime? On top of that, what about people who work third shift? People really need to quit acting like PvP should pause at night and no one's progress should be challenged. Nightcapping doesn't exist, it's just people in other time zones getting on and playing the game, you know, like you guys are.

Besides that, would you rather the map stay stagnant all the time, with nothing to capture and flip for AP and experience? If someone wants Emp that should be something they actually have to work towards, rather than being able to pound it out in just a few hours. The way it is now actually encourages and allows anyone who wants Emp to try and obtain it. If you limit what hours a campaign runs for, it locks out literally everyone who can't conform to your idea of what PvP should be. People who are in different time zones, or have jobs during those hours, or other irl responsibilities, will be prevented from doing any sort of Emp push. How is that fair?

Also, this is acting like ""nightcapping"" only exists because of Emp pushes, except...it's not. Like I said, it's just people in other time zones and those with their nights free that are getting on to play. There's nothing to it beyond that.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The way to fight "night calling" is to actually fight the "night appears". Get in there, OP!
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nooo. The populations of each faction wax and wane during the a 24hr period, so such short campaigns would be biased.
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also, this is acting like ""nightcapping"" only exists because of Emp pushes, except...it's not. Like I said, it's just people in other time zones and those with their nights free that are getting on to play. There's nothing to it beyond that.
    People from different timezones are minority and spread around all factions so this shouldn't make any problem. Problem is when the same faction every night takes whole map - this is not regular playing but pure nightcapping by some group of people.
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to center the 4-6 hour window on evening Tokyo time then because that's where I live.

Well that's not fair. I don't have a fixed time I play. The window should start when I log in to Cyrodiil.
  • LordOsiris
    LordOsiris
    ✭✭✭
    tssss, choose a shorter campaign but stop calling out for nerving all and everything. the 30 days are so wounderful playtime and is realy showing who has understand the pvp gaming ;) so no at all.
    If you wanna know more about me, check first here: eso-database.com/en/user/LordOsiris
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would prefer a 7 day campaign, I see no reasons for it to be as long as 30 days. 30 day campaigns are often decided many days before the end, thats not fun for anyone.

I support that one only can get emp once per campaign, it would at least reduce exploits/cheating like for ex having friend in another alliance you can kill for ap. One could even make it a once per char event, more could then be emp, it would possibly draw more people to cyro.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    C0RTEX4 wrote: »
    They should make the campaign duration, similar to planet side 2, 4-6 hours long allowing for a window where players really need to earn emperorship and end this night capping, they should also additionally, add a feature that stops the emperor gaining emp once the player has been deposed, allowing for the next player below the previous emperor to automatically take emperorship when the faction captures all the required keeps. There you go an easy and completely logical but yet SIMPLE solution to a major issue that has kept pvp players broken for nearly 8 years.

After 3 months of this "new" Planetside 2 campaign mode (with the 4th faction allocated to the weakest faction) one can safely say, that it would solve all the pop balance problems that have been increasingly plaguing Cyro.

(one has to add that the 4. faction players should not be allowed to join groups in Cyro, because otherwise we would have to face too many elite "factionless" ball group players who are harmless as solo players but too influential as a group)

Anyone who claims the opposite is just too lazy to download the Planetside 2 client in order to see it for themselves. I would go even further and state that this would revive Cyro as it has revived Planetside (which was a dead game until 14 months ago).

Even THIS argument is invalid:

Since the "campaign" starts when one side reaches on of the other factions' gates; that means that the "Not-my-timezone-cappers"will probably start each new campaign, they just need organised help from players from other times zones to actually finish it with success.

All one has to change compared to PS2's system is to pick a campaign duration that makes it impossible to organise scheduled overpop zerging, be it morning capping, primetime zerging or whatever. Any UNEVEN number of hours between 9hours and 17 hours would work in this regard.

If people want to keep the 7 days or the 30 days or whatever, one can simply add the results of those mini-campaigns and get a final result after the selected timespan. With the aforementioned short campaign sub-periods, no one can claim that "the guys outside of MY primetime have too much power on the scoreboard".
    Edited by Thraben on 13 August 2021 13:57
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a simple way to balance campaigns, which should have been tested years ago and that is to wheight the campaign points with the actual population relative to max population. Thus there would be few campaign points when the servers are empty.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • Nogawd
    Nogawd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The people who claim "nightcap" crap are the same that day they just get double teamed by the other 2 alliances.
  • alterfenixeb17_ESO
    alterfenixeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    LarsS wrote: »
    There is a simple way to balance campaigns, which should have been tested years ago and that is to wheight the campaign points with the actual population relative to max population. Thus there would be few campaign points when the servers are empty.
    This sounds like a nice idea however in this version it has a few flaws:
    • The actual winning of the campaign still brings little individual benefits (and let us face it - most people prioritize that)
    • Because of above actual campaign points still just do not matter this much and therefore it won't matter if player stays in more or in less populated campaign - actual rewards at the end and during campaign itself would be fairly similar with one remark: less populated campaign by definition means less AP (slower ranking up, golden merchant and so on - some people still care about it)

It could work however if there were properly balanced incentives for doing less populated campaigns (and for joining any campaign at all actually) like lower population you have more AP you get. This would ofc have to take into account not current population but population on average in for instance last 7 days.

• Merllow
    Merllow
    ✭✭✭
    There are 24 hours a day. If the campaign lasts 4-6 hours, then 6-4 sets of awards will be played per day. I don't care about this idea, but it's funny to read that people have a different time zone.
  • Jazraena
    Jazraena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nogawd wrote: »
    The people who claim "nightcap" crap are the same that day they just get double teamed by the other 2 alliances.

NA, eh?

Nightcapping is a pretty annoying reality on EU. The vast majority of our playerbase operates within +/- 2 hours of time difference and, naturally, the majority of players have normal daily work / education hours as well, so nights are quiet - except mentioned nightcappers who then largely run over the map unopposed.
  • BronzeCaiman
    BronzeCaiman
    ✭✭✭
    I think they should make a 7 day alliance locked campaign, most of the people I know with the Former Emperor title farmed it in the below 50 campaign. A 24 hour campaign in the Imperial City that gives Emperor would be the most ideal in my opinion but the PvP community won't accept that. Cyrodiil has always been controlled by zergs and even people farming points with friends (capping resources, trading keeps etc) and will continue to be, that's why they made Imperial City & Battlegrounds.