Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

LibLazyCrafting initial "scrape" for Update 31

Shadowshire
Shadowshire
✭✭✭✭
@Dolgubon

Of course, when I ran Launcher to use the Repair Files option to verify the current integrity of the game installation, it automagically downloaded and installed whatever it needed to update for the Waking Flame DLC. Then I used a shortcut to run eso64.exe in order to play TESO.

LibLazyCrafting output a message to Chat: "beginning scrape of set items. Estimated time: 1689s" which is the same as 21.15 minutes. Do you expect us to wait at least that long before proceeding to play the game? What happens if I decide to log-out to select another character to play before it finishes?

Master Recipe List also output a message to chat stating that its database has been updated, followed by the instruction to "/reloadui to complete". Should I post-pone that until LibLazyCrafting sends a message to let us know that it has completed its "scrape"? What if I don't see a message from LibLazyCrafting after 1689s has passed?

Of course, if I do not use the command /reloadui, and choose the ESC > Log Out option instead, LibHistoire will almost certainly display a warning dialog that it has not "linked" any sales records updates since the most recent time that it recorded any Guild Store sales that occurred. Okay, maybe I should just go ahead and access the Guild UI > History > Sales feature to command the mega-server to send more of the pending records until all have been received for each Guiild of which I am still a member.

Hmmm..... which add-on(s) am I overlooking amidst this chaos? :smile:

Edited by Shadowshire on 23 August 2021 17:35
--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Dolgubon
    Dolgubon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Update addons again
    Relthion: CP810 DK Tank - vMOL HM, vHOF HM, vAS HM, vCR +2
    Malorson: CP810 Mag Sorc - vMOL HM, vHOF, vAS HM

Addons:
    Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter
    Dolgubon's Lazy Set Crafter
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dolgubon wrote: »
    Update addons again
    I've already downloaded two updates to yours and to LibLazyCrafting (which had a UI Error). So far, it all seems to be working as expected.

Of course, I've download countless updates to other add-ons which I use. A few have a flaw that causes a UI Error, which I report on the Addon Info tab for the add-on on the ESOUI website. I spent so much time yesterday installing updates, reporting UI Errors, and dealing with other software issues that I hardly had time to play the game much at all!

• Lalayla
    Lalayla
    ✭✭
    Hi Dolgubon!

I've noticed lately it is *not* de-spawning my pets on either Sorcerer, or Warden, and I can't find it in the options anymore. I know a while ago you said you had no plans to change that, but with the change they made in this update, did you remove that functionality? (My own pets are super annoying to me, seeing the flappy bird in my eyeline or a big ol' bear booty drives me nuts, so now I'm having to despawn them manually.)

Hope you are well! And as always, love the addon!

Lala
    Lala
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Lalayla
    Lalayla wrote: »
    Hi Dolgubon!

I've noticed lately it is *not* de-spawning my pets on either Sorcerer, or Warden, and I can't find it in the options anymore. I know a while ago you said you had no plans to change that, but with the change they made in this update, did you remove that functionality? (My own pets are super annoying to me, seeing the flappy bird in my eyeline or a big ol' bear booty drives me nuts, so now I'm having to despawn them manually.)

Lala
    First, to my best belief and knowledge, you should include " @Dolgubon " (without the quotation marks) at the start of your message, as I did in the OP. Else, Dolgubon might not be following this discussion and won't know about your post.

Second, I have not been aware that automatically dismissing familiars -- such as those sorcerers and wardens summon -- has been added as a feature to Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter (the downloaded .ZIP is named Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Creator).

Perhaps you should consider using the following add-on: Auto Banish Pets/Assistants/Companions.html.

Edited by Shadowshire on 28 August 2021 03:33

• Lalayla
    Lalayla
    ✭✭
    @Lalayla
    Hi Dolgubon!

Lala
    First, to my best belief and knowledge, you should include " @Dolgubon " (without the quotation marks) at the start of your message, as I did in the OP. Else, Dolgubon might not be following this discussion and won't know about your post.

Second, I have not been aware that automatically dismissing familiars -- such as those sorcerers and wardens summon -- has been added as a feature to Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter (the downloaded .ZIP is named Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Creator).

Perhaps you should consider using the following add-on: Auto Banish Pets/Assistants/Companions.html.

It has been part of Lazy Writ Creator (really? You think he wouldn't understand what I meant, especially when he himself calls the addon 'writ crafter' in his posts?) for well over a year (We were in the same guild for years, and I requested the feature, over a year ago).

As of June, he posted that he had no plans to remove it, hence, my question.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7294428#Comment_7294428

"For people saying pets blocking stuff doesn't happen to you: It's not an issue for you because most of them get despawned.

Writ crafter will despawn combat pets if you interact with a crafting table while a writ is active, or if you go in a small area around a writ turn in location.

I have no plans to change this functionality."

But, with the update changing the interactivity with pets, that's why I asked here, because this post seemed to be relating to the update 31 changes specifically. They no longer interfere with turning in, it's just a personal choice for me with not wanting to see my pet when crafting, so I'll take a look at that Banish Pets addon. Thanks.
    Edited by Lalayla on 28 August 2021 06:50
    Lala
  • Dolgubon
    Dolgubon
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Lalayla
    Hi Dolgubon!

Lala

It has been part of Lazy Writ Creator (really? You think he wouldn't understand what I meant, especially when he himself calls the addon 'writ crafter' in his posts?) for well over a year (We were in the same guild for years, and I requested the feature, over a year ago).

As of June, he posted that he had no plans to remove it, hence, my question.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7294428#Comment_7294428

"For people saying pets blocking stuff doesn't happen to you: It's not an issue for you because most of them get despawned.

Writ crafter will despawn combat pets if you interact with a crafting table while a writ is active, or if you go in a small area around a writ turn in location.

I have no plans to change this functionality."

But, with the update changing the interactivity with pets, that's why I asked here, because this post seemed to be relating to the update 31 changes specifically. They no longer interfere with turning in, it's just a personal choice for me with not wanting to see my pet when crafting, so I'll take a look at that Banish Pets addon. Thanks.

Yes, I did have no plans to remove it, but as ZOS improved interactability for pets, it was no longer necessary so I removed it.
    For Creator vs Crafter - the name was originally Creator, for like, a week, but was quickly changed to Crafter. But because of that, Creator is still hanging around in some places.
    Relthion: CP810 DK Tank - vMOL HM, vHOF HM, vAS HM, vCR +2
    Malorson: CP810 Mag Sorc - vMOL HM, vHOF, vAS HM

Addons:
    Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter
    Dolgubon's Lazy Set Crafter
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes, I did have no plans to remove it, but as ZOS improved interactability for pets, it was no longer necessary so I removed it.
    For Creator vs Crafter - the name was originally Creator, for like, a week, but was quickly changed to Crafter. But because of that, Creator is still hanging around in some places.
    I suppose that players who use Minion, instead of downloading and installing add-ons and updates manually, will probably never see "Creator" in the name of the downloaded file. :smiley:

"What a long, strange trip it's been", eh, Dolgubon? Seven years and going on ......

• Lalayla
    Lalayla
    ✭✭

Thanks so much for the response, @Dolgubon! I kind of figured that's what it might be after I saw that in the patch notes. I'll look into that other addon to dismiss my pets for me.
    Lala