The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

UI Error since 07/12/2021 update?

SeaGtGruff
SeaGtGruff
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Twice tonight, after having applied the Monday morning update, I've gotten a UI error when exiting out of Urshra the Fence in the Vvardenfell Outlaws Refuge. If I just dismiss the error, the game continues as though nothing happened. Both times it was after fencing some items, then laundering some items, and closing the dialog from the laundering option.

bad argument #2 to 'string.format' (string expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'string.format'
EsoUI/Ingame/Utility/TextSearchManager.lua:86: in function 'ZO_TextSearchManager:ActivateTextSearch'
EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/Inventory.lua:772: in function 'ZO_InventoryManager:SetContextForInventories'
EsoUI/Ingame/StoreWindow/Keyboard/StoreWindow_Keyboard.lua:193: in function 'CloseStoreWindow'
I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, it's been reported but not acknowledged yet sadly.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/580733/ui-error-fencing-or-laundering-started-after-07-12-21-patch-pc-win7#latest

I tried some troubleshooting, but so far I've not found a way to make it stop happening without the use of an addon.
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, sorry. I scrolled down before posting to see if it had been reported, but for some reason didn't see it in the list. I didn't mean to start a duplicate thread about it.
    Options
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same here, with ALL fences!
    Not only Rimmen Outlaw Refuge or Vvardenfell Outlaws Refuge or Wrothgar Outlaws Refuge

jh63x6zjky39.png
    PC | EU
    Options
  • MrPointy
    MrPointy
    Soul Shriven
    2021-07-17T16:08:07.445-05:00 |cff0000Lua Error: bad argument #2 to 'string.format' (string expected, got nil)
    stack traceback:
    EsoUI/Ingame/Utility/TextSearchManager.lua:86: in function 'ZO_TextSearchManager:ActivateTextSearch'
    <Locals> self = [table:1]{fireCallbackDepth = 0}, currentContext = "fenceTextSearch", contextSearch = [table:2]{searchText = "", isDirty = F, isActive = T} </Locals>
    EsoUI/Ingame/Inventory/Inventory.lua:772: in function 'ZO_InventoryManager:SetContextForInventories'
    <Locals> self = [table:3]{itemsLockedDueToDeath = F, selectedTabType = 1}, inventoryTypeList = [table:4]{1 = 1} </Locals>
    EsoUI/Ingame/StoreWindow/Keyboard/StoreWindow_Keyboard.lua:193: in function 'CloseStoreWindow'|r
    Options
  • shannarab16_ESO
    Same here:
    bad argument #2 to 'string.format' (string expected, got nil)
    stack traceback:
    <Locals> self = [table:1]{fireCallbackDepth = 0}, currentContext = "fenceTextSearch", contextSearch = [table:2]{searchText = "", isActive = T, isDirty = F} </Locals>
    <Locals> self = [table:3]{itemsLockedDueToDeath = F, selectedTabType = 1}, inventoryTypeList = [table:4]{1 = 1} </Locals>
    EsoUI/Ingame/StoreWindow/Keyboard/StoreWindow_Keyboard.lua:193: in function 'CloseStoreWindow'

Options
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Adding this reply from this thread here to make sure that people are aware!
    Hey folks,

Thank you all for taking the time to provide your reports. We wanted to let you know that we are aware of the issue and working on pushing out a fix for it.

Thank you for your understanding and we will provide an update when one is available!

Options
  • Hydra9268
    Hydra9268
    ✭✭✭
    isActive = T, isDirty = F 😄
    Options
  • Carnage2K4
    Carnage2K4
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still active... C'mon ZOS, pull your finger out.
    Human Infant Connoisseur
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe patches are normally released every other week, except in cases of serious emergencies. This particular error hardly qualifies as a serious emergency, just seriously annoying. :)
    Options
  • Gandalf_72
    Gandalf_72
    ✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    I believe patches are normally released every other week, except in cases of serious emergencies. This particular error hardly qualifies as a serious emergency, just seriously annoying. :)

Fixed today :)
    PC/Mac Patch Notes v7.0.9

lqzmvtxo9imc.jpg

Thank you ZOS :)
    PC | EU
    Options
  • Depoorter92
    Since the Blackwood update I get an error message every time I open a map or start the game. Now I get one every single time I turn in a crafting writ... All my addons are auto updated with minion but a lot are out of date but there are no updates for them... Any help please?

So I selected each of my addons seperatly and it seems that the addon LibQuestDate or QuestMap gives the error.
    So what now? Never use the addon again? I mean there are other players who still use it right? So what can I do to fix it?

25nm2u66ma0l.jpg
    et2hewnjpg91.jpg
    hoghj98y3rdf.jpg
    2u3aqqgof7lr.jpg
    6zeohgn1bd28.jpg

Edited by Depoorter92 on 18 August 2021 00:02
    Options
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since the Blackwood update I get an error message every time I open a map or start the game. Now I get one every single time I turn in a crafting writ... All my addons are auto updated with minion but a lot are out of date but there are no updates for them... Any help please?

So I selected each of my addons seperatly and it seems that the addon LibQuestDate or QuestMap gives the error.
    So what now? Never use the addon again? I mean there are other players who still use it right? So what can I do to fix it?

... (images omitted by Shadowshire)
    The only thing that you can do -- assuming that you do not know how to design an add-on and know the ZOS API (as well as read and write Lua source code) -- is to contact the developer via the source from which you downloaded the add-on(s).

Since you mention Minion, you must be downloading them from ESOUI.com. Find the respective page for each add-on, and use the Comments tab to create and post a message to the developer. However, on the Add-on Info tab, sometimes the developer requests that players post messages at some other location, such as the developer's own website, for example.

Good luck! I don't use Quest Map, but LibQuestData is installed.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
    Options