The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Welcome New ESO Community Team Member: ZOS_Kevin – Forum Manager

• Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Aaxc wrote: »
    Hals- und Beinberuch. Gl

Bobby, it is "Hals- & Beinbruch", know your German!

@ZOS_Kevin, welcome to the Team!
    Edited by Masel on 27 June 2021 11:24
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
    Options
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Welcome. :)

6jwpKEb.jpg
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many greetings Mr Kevin.

This one wishes you much luck in navigating these stormy waters and watch out for the bitey fish.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Welcome, @ZOS_Kevin!

I do not envy your position as the forum can be a rather cantankerous place. Even more so because as of late, it has felt like a lot of "ZOS silence" has spoken volumes that I'm sure the company would not wish to be the reflection of themselves.

I find it encouraging that they've actually made a Forum Manager position. It's far more hopeful than other places where forums are being shut down because they'd rather 100% focus on social media for outreach or because they find the forums too difficult to manage.

I hope you stick around. There's been... uh... a lot said over the years of increasing forum communication, and then it didn't happen. A cycle of it. Hopefully this time breaks that cycle. :)

Nice to see your gaming background! I was introduced to Elder Scrolls through Oblivion (the PS3 port of it) and also love Mass Effect. If you haven't tried Dragon Age by BioWare, I highly recommend as well.

Out of curiosity, what platform do you play ESO on? I know console players, particularly on PlayStation, feel particularly like a red-headed stepchild as of late.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @ZOS_Kevin.
    I sincerely hope you are active and don't mysteriously disappear like the last forum ZOS reps. :)
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @ZOS_Kevin.
    I sincerely hope you are active and don't mysteriously disappear like the last forum ZOS reps. :)

You mean the Community Reps that they announced back in January 2018? The Three Musketeers? Yeah, we stopped hearing from them almost immediately.

@ZOS_Edward
    @ZOS_Chris
    @ZOS_Holden

Rest In Peace, dear Community Reps.

This time they hired a "Forum Manager" rather than a "Community Representative", so maybe that job entails actually being seen on the forum? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • eternalshockcable
    eternalshockcable
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome!

You have your work cut out for you.
    Options
  • NicGroover
    NicGroover
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome @ZOS_Kevin !
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Tandor wrote: »

“”I also support the call for providing a different icon on the forum for moderators so we don't get drawn into a thread expecting a developer or community manager's input only to find the usual "we've had to remove some posts" comments which, more often than not, raise the forum temperature rather than lowering it as intended.

Welcome anyway, and I hope this does truly represent a major and permanent step forward in forum management!

Yeah. This needs to be done. No one cares about post being removed. This should honestly just be something mods message to people. We want interaction with the community managers… not a mod telling us they removed a post. Icons difference is needed.

Maybe all they need to do is stop flagging moderation postings with the Z icon and only use it for the important stuff that people care about.

I might be imagining things, but I do think that moderation is now happening silently. If so, and there is no Moderator posting in the thread, then that should cut down on the errant "Z" issues. Change in policy under the "new management"? A lot of other forums do it this way.
    Options
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hey Everyone! Very happy to be apart of the ZOS team and looking forward to getting to know all of you!

4932458.jpg

What is your most memorable moment (good, bad, ugly, or O.o) so far playing the game?
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @ZOS_Kevin.

^^This^^

We've seen community managers. They come & go, with the notable exception of Gina and Jessica. Kai's gone (at least in the english-speaking aspects of the job). Sarah seems to be holding on a bit...
    We've seen Rich try to Talk&Lurk... didn't last long.
    We've seen the three magi Edward, Chris and Holden. Didn't even last a month.
    We've had community ambassadors. Worked for a while, but it's gone now.
    We've had class representatives... has it ever worked ? Not sure, but it's gone now too anyway.

So welcome to you, @Zos_Kevin , and let's hope you can build something here.
    Options
  • Roztlin45
    Roztlin45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do.you plan on playing eso on the live server as well? Welcome aboard.
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @ZOS_Kevin.

^^This^^

We've seen community managers. They come & go, with the notable exception of Gina and Jessica. Kai's gone (at least in the english-speaking aspects of the job). Sarah seems to be holding on a bit...
    We've had class representatives... has it ever worked ? Not sure, but it's gone now too anyway.

Well we may not be Community Ambassadors any more but a few of us are still about :)

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

Options
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Kevin, and good luck herding these cats.

As the Forum Manager, can you put in a word to get us new avatars? We haven't had any since Morrowind ... 4 years ago.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    Options
  • siddique
    siddique
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Welcome!

Edit: "...the others have already started their meal."
    Edited by siddique on 28 June 2021 09:08
    "Knee-jerk reactionist."
    Lost Depths, 2015-2022.
    Options
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the insanity, Kevin! I hope we don't make you pull your hair out (that's assuming you have hair)! :)
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
    Options
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when-that-new-fea3ccb1e4.jpg
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @ZOS_Kevin.

^^This^^

Well we may not be Community Ambassadors any more but a few of us are still about :)

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Thing is, we can't see you unless you want us to (like everything with paws and claws) ;-)
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @ZOS_Kevin.

^^This^^

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Thing is, we can't see you unless you want us to (like everything with paws and claws) ;-)

This one has always thought that it would be nice to have a 'follow poster' option so you could see when someone you find interesting has posted, much like notifications for bookmarked threads.

It is something this one has wished for herself on occasions. The poster could and should though have the choice of opting out of being followed if they so choose.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @ZOS_Kevin.

^^This^^

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

This one has always thought that it would be nice to have a 'follow poster' option so you could see when someone you find interesting has posted, much like notifications for bookmarked threads.

It is something this one has wished for herself on occasions. The poster could and should though have the choice of opting out of being followed if they so choose.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

More work, but you can just bookmark the profile then stalk them see if they posted anything that way... :smile:

Sadly, I do think that has been used to harass people on the forum, though. :disappointed:
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @ZOS_Kevin.

^^This^^

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

More work, but you can just bookmark the profile then stalk them see if they posted anything that way... :smile:

Sadly, I do think that has been used to harass people on the forum, though. :disappointed:

You can bookmark profiles? TIL!
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @ZOS_Kevin.

^^This^^

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

You can bookmark profiles? TIL!

Just remember... with this great power comes suspensions, bans, and the inevitable restraining order. :smile:
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the welcome, @Sylvermynx! Very cool to hear you run a forum with your friends!
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome!

I believe this job qualifies you as Undaunted!
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the welcome, @Tandor. And thank you for your insight. The goal here is to establish a more direct line of communication to take your feedback and make the ESO experience better for everyone. While QoL changes are not always straightforward like you mentioned, our goal is to make the communication in that process more clear.

Looking forward to engaging more and getting your feedback!
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the welcome, @6Kyojin6 and @relentless_turnip ! Much appreciated. The plan is to have a dedicated forum presence and direct communication to make sure we are not missing the great observations in the community. Thanks for engaging and looking forward to future conversations and feedback.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Also @Tandor. I noted your suggestion for differing icons between mods and dev/community managers. Thanks for the feedback.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Your greetings are well met, beeko!

To answer your question @Tommy_The_Gun , the core of my work here will be focused primarily on the forum community, while community managers will focus on the community at large. That will still include the forum. So my core focus will be the communication, interaction, and overall health within the forum specifically.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1,000 salutations and Welcome Sera to the family!!
    Happy you are here!
    Huzzah!!!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the warm welcome, @Hotdog_23, @BuildMan, and @VerboseQuips! Great to be here!

giphy.gif
    Options
    Staff Post