The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

FPS Problem

• nathan_bri
    nathan_bri
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to just point out again how stupid it was for the developers to force all Mac users to use the new API with no recourse if there were problems. Never move your user base to new technology without a fallback in place. This patch should have made the new API a user-selectable choice with the default still being OpenGL. People could dangle their toes and see if it was better. ZoS could have had the client report back what type of results were being seen; people could post on forums. ZoS could perform tune-up passes weekly to make it incrementally better over time. Three months from now, it might be ready for prime time and could be set as the new default, but still with OpenGL as a fallback position for that small segment of the user base for which the new API was somehow broken. Then you have another three months to fix those issues before removing OpenGL altogether. Instead, we have this hot garbage, which, given the continued ridiculously long loading times to teleport and, even worse, to log in first thing in the morning (sometimes 5 minutes!), it’s not surprising.
  • nathan_bri
    nathan_bri
    ✭✭✭✭
    aoji9fae65b7.png
    Yeah, yeah, serial number. Good luck trying to copy a Mac serial number, which is also on the outside of the product shipping box.
    Edited by nathan_bri on 3 November 2018 12:24
  • Carmina
    Carmina
    ✭✭✭
    nathan_bri wrote: »
    I would like to just point out again how stupid it was for the developers to force all Mac users to use the new API with no recourse if there were problems. Never move your user base to new technology without a fallback in place. This patch should have made the new API a user-selectable choice with the default still being OpenGL. People could dangle their toes and see if it was better. ZoS could have had the client report back what type of results were being seen; people could post on forums. ZoS could perform tune-up passes weekly to make it incrementally better over time. Three months from now, it might be ready for prime time and could be set as the new default, but still with OpenGL as a fallback position for that small segment of the user base for which the new API was somehow broken. Then you have another three months to fix those issues before removing OpenGL altogether. Instead, we have this hot garbage, which, given the continued ridiculously long loading times to teleport and, even worse, to log in first thing in the morning (sometimes 5 minutes!), it’s not surprising.

That is open for discussion. Apple has a history of forcing new things on people, and there are reasons for what they do. This is not Apple's fault. If you think so, you got the wrong computer. This is entirely ZOS's fault. They did not test properly, and their reaction right now - which is not react at all - shows where to look for the culprit.

C.
  • Montie
    Montie
    ✭✭✭
    Elder Scrolls Online has been mostly unplayable for 12 days on Macs.
    Last ZeniMax response to their game being in a mostly unplayable state was 5 days ago.

Figured I would start keeping count.

Oh and to any ZeniMax person reading this, if your Internet service slowed WAY down would you be happy with your service company if they ignored you for days and the problem was unresolved for almost 2 weeks?
    Edited by Montie on 4 November 2018 03:53
  • Puodas
    Puodas
    ✭✭
    By the looks off planned maintainance, something big gonna be, cause it involves other platforms. I guess changes would be regarding combat improvements that were stated in other thread...
    Edited by Puodas on 3 November 2018 14:19
  • nathan_bri
    nathan_bri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Carmina wrote: »
    That is open for discussion. Apple has a history of forcing new things on people, and there are reasons for what they do. This is not Apple's fault. If you think so, you got the wrong computer. This is entirely ZOS's fault. They did not test properly, and their reaction right now - which is not react at all - shows where to look for the culprit.

C.

Did you even read what I wrote? Not once did I blame Apple for anything. I laid this squarely at the feet of ZoS.
  • Dan8236
    Dan8236
    ✭✭
    ghzjmrhmx3mz.png

Same... Game basically unplayable...
  • rluke
    rluke
    ✭✭✭
    The situation is really frustrating. The game is not playable.
    The problem is probably the crowns store works for us mac players.
    I haven't been doing more than horse feeding for 2 weeks.
  • Jeth
    Jeth
    ✭✭✭
    We can't really fault them for not responding. Anything they write outside of a solution will only serve to confirm the colossal incompetence to a broader Internet audience and destroy their credibility with yet unknown and potential customers with this game and future ones.

Hello gaming world! We do not test anything; we release products with massive amounts of known issues and we'll happily take your money for weeks and offer shite for service; we have no integrity. Please come too our Friday self-love-fest for crates.

Being cowards is the smart play.

/golfclap
    Edited by Jeth on 3 November 2018 23:45
    -Jeth
  • Carmina
    Carmina
    ✭✭✭
    nathan_bri wrote: »
    Carmina wrote: »

C.

Did you even read what I wrote? Not once did I blame Apple for anything. I laid this squarely at the feet of ZoS.

You are right. I misunderstood what you wrote. I thought you meant Apple's developers. Not ZOS's. Sorry.

C.
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m doing little more than crafting writs right now, and then I have to guess where most stuff is as the world doesn’t render for god-knows how long.

Here’s hoping that tomorrow’s patch fixes the problem. If not I can only suggest that we all raise a ticket (At least).

ZoS, I’m not angry, I’m just very disappointed.
    Edited by agegarton on 4 November 2018 09:34
  • Montie
    Montie
    ✭✭✭
    Elder Scrolls Online has been mostly unplayable for 13 days on Macs.
    Last ZeniMax response to their game being in a mostly unplayable state was 6 days ago.

Edited by Montie on 4 November 2018 13:50
  • Montie
    Montie
    ✭✭✭
    agegarton wrote: »
    I’m doing little more than crafting writs right now, and then I have to guess where most stuff is as the world doesn’t render for god-knows how long.

Here’s hoping that tomorrow’s patch fixes the problem. If not I can only suggest that we all raise a ticket (At least).

ZoS, I’m not angry, I’m just very disappointed.

I'm angry at this point and very disappointed.
  • SilverWrought
    SilverWrought
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having the problem too. Despite this being an 'unsupported' machine, my actual hardware is better than some new ones:

6spinrr4eokn.png
  • Jeth
    Jeth
    ✭✭✭
    Elder Scrolls Online has been mostly unplayable for 13 days on Macs.
    Last ZeniMax response to their game being in a mostly unplayable state was 6 days ago.

6 days ago they repeated the same useless drivel as the first. Doesn't really count IMHO.
    -Jeth
  • Jeth
    Jeth
    ✭✭✭
    Rather disappointed in the lack of response by the Mac OS user base. Put up....
    -Jeth
  • mistermacintosh
    mistermacintosh
    ✭✭✭
    Jeth wrote: »
    Rather disappointed in the lack of response by the Mac OS user base. Put up....

Lack of response is likely due to the fact that this is the normal reaction we receive when something is broken for Mac users. They support Mac in the same way they support consoles: by providing the minimum support necessary to continue advertising and selling content on those mediums.

Don't feel too bad though. They barely support PC. That's just how Zenimax runs operations. I'm sure it's nothing personal against Mac users - they like our money as much as anyone else's.
    Legalize Nirnroot!

Mac User, NA Server (CP810+, PVE focused):
    Magicka Templar Ra the Everlasting (Level 50 - Main Character)
    Stamina Sorcerer Khazaka-ri (Level 50 - Crafter)
    Dragonknight Tank Skalda Flamewreath (Level 50)
    Pet Sorcerer Hellias Ocume (Level 50)
    Magicka Necromancer Socelon (Level 4)

Templar Healer Mends-Through-Panic (Level 50)
    Stamina Nightblade Adanna-daro (Level 50)
    Stamina Warden Marely Sprigs (Level 50)
    Stamina Dragonknight Ursula Trollcalmer (Level 50)
    Stamina Necromancer Daengeval (Level 4)

Stamina Templar Cornellus Graves (Level 50)
    Warden Healer Pays-For-Luxury (Level 50)
    Magicka Sorcerer Sophia Flash (Level 50)
    Magicka Dragonknight Cinvalo Aloavel (Level 50)
    Magicka Nightblade Esmerelda the Cruel (Level 50)
  • Montie
    Montie
    ✭✭✭
    Elder Scrolls Online has been mostly unplayable for 14 days on Macs.
    Last ZeniMax response to their game being in a mostly unplayable state was 7 days ago.

• rluke
    rluke
    ✭✭✭
    No performance fix in this patch ?
  • Earthtourist
    Earthtourist
    ✭✭✭
    rluke wrote: »
    No performance fix in this patch ?

no. :-(
    Study finds that hearing an opposing viewpoint causes no real harm.
  • Earthtourist
    Earthtourist
    ✭✭✭
    Elder Scrolls Online has been mostly unplayable for 14 days on Macs.
    Last ZeniMax response to their game being in a mostly unplayable state was 7 days ago.

giphy.gif
    Study finds that hearing an opposing viewpoint causes no real harm.
  • Carmina
    Carmina
    ✭✭✭
    As expected: No fix, Mac still unsupported, no notice from ZOS, nothing. This is even worse than Blizzard, and they were already really bad. Seems like there is a new top of the worst.
    Edited by Carmina on 5 November 2018 13:11
  • Finthimel
    Finthimel
    Soul Shriven
    Well thats my subscription cancelled. Really is disgraceful they have not fixed it.
  • HowTaoBrownCow
    HowTaoBrownCow
    ✭✭✭
    As of today's build, I see no change in the problem. Still getting around 12 fps in the Vivek City marketplace.

Hey, ZOS? Love you guys, really, but could you say *anything* on how this issue is going and on why you can't roll back to the old Mac behavior until you have this working? It's kind of painful to play like this, and some of us can't play it at all.

As a retired software architect, I'm sympathetic to the problems that come up in complex systems, and getting some answers to these questions would go a long way to making the problem more endurable.

Thanks in advance. :-)
    Censored
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can only suggest the everyone in this thread raises a ticket - I know it's not the answer, and I get that the lack of any response beyond "oh, OK then" is really not acceptable, but it's all I've got!

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom I'm usually a fan, but this is a poor, poor effort.

Edit: worth noting that a big part of the Murkmire patch was reversed out today - enchants and poisons proc-ing from DoTs - because the PVP community complained a lot on these forums. Essentially what years of playing this game has taught me is :-

1. It'll get fixed right now if it involves Crowns.
    2. It'll get fixed soon if it involves PVP.
    3. Anything else? There's a long list and you're lucky if you even get an acknowledgement!
    Edited by agegarton on 5 November 2018 13:39
  • dm_critic
    dm_critic
    ✭✭
    agegarton wrote: »
    Edit: worth noting that a big part of the Murkmire patch was reversed out today - enchants and poisons proc-ing from DoTs - because the PVP community complained a lot on these forums. Essentially what years of playing this game has taught me is :-

1. It'll get fixed right now if it involves Crowns.
    2. It'll get fixed soon if it involves PVP.
    3. Anything else? There's a long list and you're lucky if you even get an acknowledgement!

Unfortunately one of the biggest impacts to the FPS issue on the Mac Client is that PvP is effectively unusable, even at the lowest graphics settings.

I submitted a support ticket this morning and I hope others follow suit. Maybe flooding their queues will get some more substantive response.
    Edited by dm_critic on 5 November 2018 15:26
  • voyxx
    voyxx
    After realizing that today‘s patch has not changed anything regarding the bad performance of the game on my iMac, I submitted a ticket. I hope that many Mac users will do the same! Maybe it will help ...

My problems since Murkmire:

- the game does not start in fullscreen
    - launcher: I have to click twice into the password box before I can type in my pwd
    - ultra high video setting is impossible now
    - high setting is better, but I do not get more than 30 fps, quite often less
    - ping can be as high as 999 after porting in PVP
    - my toon gets stuck now and then
    - loading screens, which were really short for me for quite some time, are getting longer again

So the game in not really unplayable for me, but these issues are rather annoying, especially as it was much better in pre-Murkmire times!
  • moesmaker
    moesmaker
    ✭✭✭
    @voyxx : thank you for summing up these issues. They are EXACT the same as I am experiencing atm.
  • krismissee82
    krismissee82
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Any update at all? It's been 14 days since Mac users have been able to play in any real capacity. Personally, the FPS problem is so bad it literally makes me sick to my stomach when I've attempted to play. I would really like to get back to playing the game I love. (I'm sure I'm not alone with this sentiment)
    Kaelindi - Stamblade
    Maelindi - Magblade
    Lindi - Magblade healer
    Lindi the Builder - Stamblade
    Lindi Stardust - Magplar
    PC NA
  • zarnon_akoni
    zarnon_akoni
    ✭✭✭
    @voyxx I have similar issues but they are so pervasive it does make the game unplayable. How they can still be selling the Mac version of the game today is beyond me....