Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Opinion about the game?

• scarsreminder80
    Nothing Compares...

This is a great game and the excitement felt when logging in is genuine. Haven't felt this way for an MMO in a long time... The RPG feel with MMO experience is something I think many RPG fans have waited to see.

My only solid gripe that leaves me teetering on the edge is this:

An open world where you can't swim down in the water, .... doesn't feel open any more.
    • I can't explore the bottom of a lake and find a door....
    • I can't go into a submerged section of a dungeon and swim through a tight corridor fearful I might drown...
    • I can't find a sunken ship and loot its submerged treasures...
    • I can't find a hidden air bell that leads to the opening of a long lost ruin or secret tunnel...

Elder Scrolls Games have always played upon this mechanic in a magical and immersive way, And I am solely disappointed it is gone.
    "In your finest hour.... Who will you become?"
  • Kenthros
    Kenthros
    ✭✭
    I came in as a complete skeptic wanting to only hate this game, I only purchased it because the wife wanted to play it with me. Since I have been playing it and exploring its hooked me I really like this game. There are some features that others have said like
    Nothing Compares...

This is a great game and the excitement felt when logging in is genuine. Haven't felt this way for an MMO in a long time... The RPG feel with MMO experience is something I think many RPG fans have waited to see.

My only solid gripe that leaves me teetering on the edge is this:

An open world where you can't swim down in the water, .... doesn't feel open any more.
    • I can't explore the bottom of a lake and find a door....
    • I can't go into a submerged section of a dungeon and swim through a tight corridor fearful I might drown...
    • I can't find a sunken ship and loot its submerged treasures...
    • I can't find a hidden air bell that leads to the opening of a long lost ruin or secret tunnel...

But other then that its a very fun game and look forward to seeing the future of this game.

Here is something off topic on my post but its something that needs to be looked at. What if all the time that a game was down for maintenance or offline the time for a sub stopped and then picked up when the game was back up so we paid for the time we had access to the game. How much downtime do you think they would have then? Would the company then make servers to test on inside the company before bringing down the live servers? Would it help the devs test the patches and things since they would have a lot longer to look at how things are running, since the live servers aren't down and they aren't rushing to bring the live servers up? Just something to think about, I expect MMOs to be down so its nothing new to me but maybe its time to change things.
    But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
    I have spread my dreams under your feet;
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
  • SouleRonin
    Love it.
    Been online gaming since the "interweb" was still the "interstrand".
    This is by far the best launch I've experienced. (Not perfect, but the best overall)
    In terms of some people complaining the game is dry, one dimensional or not enough to explore.... 'Well, I am having a blast exploring, and looking into every crevice, nook and cranny.
    I left the starting tutorial area in beta with 40 plus lock picks and tons of other recipes, items etc.

Great Job Devs.
  • Zilas
    Zilas
    ✭✭✭
    Laerian wrote: »
    It's good, when is not offline, most of the time I'm shuffling characters because the lack of inventory; grinding gold to pay inventory upgrades and 6 horse meals (inventory upgrades again) every day.

Until now, the part I most enjoyed was the character creation. I haven't played the rest of the game, yet.

Lol, well, the character creation was fun, but most enjoyed? xDD
    SouleRonin wrote: »
    Love it.
    Been online gaming since the "interweb" was still the "interstrand".
    This is by far the best launch I've experienced. (Not perfect, but the best overall)
    In terms of some people complaining the game is dry, one dimensional or not enough to explore.... 'Well, I am having a blast exploring, and looking into every crevice, nook and cranny.
    I left the starting tutorial area in beta with 40 plus lock picks and tons of other recipes, items etc.

Great Job Devs.

Lockpicks cost like 9G from vendors :P